• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

ArtetaOut

Because I'm watching the match :lol::lol: whilst you rant about wanting Arteta out every 5 seconds something happens. The difference between an actual fan and someone who just fully has an agenda.
What's wrong with us wanting him out after his abysmal performance this entire season? And nah you hide in match threads because you have no excuses for Cone Boy's ****ty tactics and management and is ashamed to show yourself after shielding him non-stop 24/7 every week without fail. 99% of your posts are finding excuses for his ****ty management and tactics week after week, month after month. You call yourself a fan of the club? **** right off mate. You are just an infatuated fangirl of his who give no **** about the club. As long as you can drool over his shiny hair and coat every week on the sidelines you don't give a **** about how we are sinking deeper and deeper into mediocrity. I wouldn't be ****ing surprised if you are part of his PR machine paid to do damage control here. Our club could do less of weasels and fake fans like you.

UnbiasedNeutral

If I don't survive, tell my wife "hello"
Context for those up in arms about the fact Arsenal are now 'midtable'.

The points gap between 4th and 9th is typically anywhere between 20 and 30 points.

Arsenal are 9 points off 4th currently. Is it good enough? No. Is it as disastrous as some like to claim? No.

Over the last couple of seasons a healthy middle class has grown in the PL, particularly with Everton and Leicester splashing the cash to try and break up the top 6. This is not the late 2000s where there was a consistent top four. It's not even the early 2010s where there was a consistent top 6. Now there is a top 8.

I understand the frustrations as results have not been good enough, and the performances in that dark period were incredibly poor too, but let's not delude ourselves into thinking Arsenal have one of the best four squads in the league. The only team I would say Arsenal definitely have a better team than is West Ham, but they are currently also outperforming Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea and Everton. Moyes is outperforming Mourinho, Klopp, Ancelotti. All 'world class managers'. Perhaps you want him instead?

UnbiasedNeutral

Who's we? I thought you were unbiased neutral?

2020 was hard to forget if you never wanted Arteta in the first place, or if your favourite players bore the brunt of the criticism for that horrible run.
'We' refers to anyone who watched Arsenal in those games...

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Who's we? I thought you were unbiased neutral?

2020 was hard to forget if you never wanted Arteta in the first place, or if your favourite players bore the brunt of the criticism for that horrible run.

c4a9069a-ef82-498f-9d72-8b052620d24e_text_hi.gif

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Context for those up in arms about the fact Arsenal are now 'midtable'.

The points gap between 4th and 9th is typically anywhere between 20 and 30 points.

Arsenal are 9 points off 4th currently. Is it good enough? No. Is it as disastrous as some like to claim? No.

Over the last couple of seasons a healthy middle class has grown in the PL, particularly with Everton and Leicester splashing the cash to try and break up the top 6. This is not the late 2000s where there was a consistent top four. It's not even the early 2010s where there was a consistent top 6. Now there is a top 8.

I understand the frustrations as results have not been good enough, and the performances in that dark period were incredibly poor too, but let's not delude ourselves into thinking Arsenal have one of the best four squads in the league. The only team I would say Arsenal definitely have a better team than is West Ham, but they are currently also outperforming Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea and Everton. Moyes is outperforming Mourinho, Klopp, Ancelotti. All 'world class managers'. Perhaps you want him instead?
At the start of the season where would you have predicted Arsenal to finish? There was no talk of having the 10th best squad in the league.

99% of Arsenal fans said top 6 is the expectation with an outside chance of "challenging" top 4. Realistically being about it at some point of the season but ultimately coming up short against the better quality sides.

Now if we are 10th/11th in the league and we are constantly dropping points against Fulham, Burnley, Wolves, Villa, West Ham then you have to think. What is the biggest problem. This squad is worse than all of those teams or it isn't being utilised to the best of its potential.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Now I know this is definitely a troll account. No one with two eyes would suddenly be an Arsenal fan based on Mikels performance this season. At least use something more believable like the FA cup run last season. 😂😂
Out of Arsenal's entire history "Arsenal took my interest when Arteta took over and I've watched pretty much every game since he took charge." :lol::lol:

This is @say yes in disguise or another @Jury account pulling my leg init? What a time to watch Arsenal religiously as a neutral.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Liverpool played half of the season literally with no centre backs..our manager after more than a year still can’t figure out the best centre back pairing.
But but he hasn't got his own signings lol. That's what his fans will say. He signed 2 CB and gave 2 new contracts and still doesn't know who's the best keeps chopping and changing.

UnbiasedNeutral

At the start of the season where would you have predicted Arsenal to finish? There was no talk of having the 10th best squad in the league.

99% of Arsenal fans said top 6 is the expectation with an outside chance of "challenging" top 4. Realistically being about it at some point of the season but ultimately coming up short against the better quality sides.

Now if we are 10th/11th in the league and we are constantly dropping points against Fulham, Burnley, Wolves, Villa, West Ham then you have to think. What is the biggest problem. This squad is worse than all of those teams or it isn't being utilised to the best of its potential.

My top four would've been Chelsea, United, Liverpool and City. Then I'd say it's a toss up between Tottenham, Arsenal and Leicester with Everton the wildcard for the rest of places. Obviously nobody saw West Ham being where they are with a worse squad than all the other sides previously mentioned.

UnbiasedNeutral

Out of Arsenal's entire history "Arsenal took my interest when Arteta took over and I've watched pretty much every game since he took charge." :lol::lol:

This is @say yes in disguise or another @Jury account pulling my leg init? What a time to watch Arsenal religiously as a neutral.

I'm a football fan and I don't particularly enjoy watching my team (Wolves) for the most part as we genuinely do play boring football. Potter at Brighton and Arteta took my interest when they took charge and as such have watched every Brighton and Arsenal game since both took over.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
My top four would've been Chelsea, United, Liverpool and City. Then I'd say it's a toss up between Tottenham, Arsenal and Leicester with Everton the wildcard for the rest of places. Obviously nobody saw West Ham being where they are with a worse squad than all the other sides previously mentioned.
So if a non Arsenal fan was realistically predicting Arsenal to be around 5th or 6th can you not understand why fans are aggrieved when we are 10th/11th underperforming having had very few injuries this season and the emergence/development of some really top young players to add to the signings the manager made?

Arteta has signed Willian, Mari, Soares, Gabriel, Partey, Ceballos, Ødegaard, Runnarson, Ryan.

He has handed Luiz, Auba, Holding new contracts. He has called Elneny back from loans.

He has had a clear say on the squad and has signed enough players to make some kind of difference. However that is yet to be seen. Especially with results.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I'm a football fan and I don't particularly enjoy watching my team (Wolves) for the most part as we genuinely do play boring football. Potter at Brighton and Arteta took my interest when they took charge and as such have watched every Brighton and Arsenal game since both took over.
Stop teasing us and just tell how **** we are.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

This sounds believable as Wolves are going through a tricky transition period that they've had to abandon due to injuries/personnel so I will allow you. I am a fan of Nuno, so I wonder what your thoughts are about him and how he stacks up to Arteta?

My bad say yes and Jury.

UnbiasedNeutral

This sounds believable as Wolves are going through a tricky transition period that they've had to abandon due to injuries/personnel so I will allow you. I am a fan of Nuno, so I wonder what your thoughts are about him and how he stacks up to Arteta?

My bad say yes and Jury.

I love Nuno for getting us this far, and injuries to Jimenez haven't helped us, but the style of play is getting quite tedious now. There's just so little creativity, no movement, nothing. Traore is off colour and Jimenez isn't there to nod in his crosses, so now we're relying on Pedro to basically carry the entire team on his back. Not sure if I want Nuno out because of the old 'be careful what you wish for', but I wish we had a better plan in possession.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I love Nuno for getting us this far, and injuries to Jimenez haven't helped us, but the style of play is getting quite tedious now. There's just so little creativity, no movement, nothing. Traore is off colour and Jimenez isn't there to nod in his crosses, so now we're relying on Pedro to basically carry the entire team on his back. Not sure if I want Nuno out because of the old 'be careful what you wish for', but I wish we had a better plan in possession.
That Wolves squad is much better than where you are in the league. What do you put your position down to?

UnbiasedNeutral

So if a non Arsenal fan was realistically predicting Arsenal to be around 5th or 6th can you not understand why fans are aggrieved when we are 10th/11th underperforming having had very few injuries this season and the emergence/development of some really top young players to add to the signings the manager made?

Arteta has signed Willian, Mari, Soares, Gabriel, Partey, Ceballos, Ödegaard, Runnarson, Ryan.

He has handed Luiz, Auba, Holding new contracts. He has called Elneny back from loans.

He has had a clear say on the squad and has signed enough players to make some kind of difference. However that is yet to be seen. Especially with results.
I'd understand more if you were a mile away from those positions whilst sat in 9th/10th/11th, but you aren't. You're 9 points off 4th. There is 12 points between 11th and 3rd, that's not a huge gap in the context of an entire season. The results are below par, sure, but you take out any context and nuance to make it seem miles worse than it is.

UnbiasedNeutral

That Wolves squad is much better than where you are in the league. What do you put your position down to?
When you take out Raul I don't think it is. We lost Jota and Doc, two of our biggest goalthreats, one of them we didn't replace and the other we replaced with Semedo who looks average at best.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I'd understand more if you were a mile away from those positions whilst sat in 9th/10th/11th, but you aren't. You're 9 points off 4th. There is 12 points between 11th and 3rd, that's not a huge gap in the context of an entire season. The results are below par, sure, but you take out any context and nuance to make it seem miles worse than it is.
But we have never been even within realistic touching distance. Based on what you say top 4 was there for the taking this year. So had Arteta performed to what we expected he should be in with a shout. But he has massively underperformed.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
When you take out Raul I don't think it is. We lost Jota and Doc, two of our biggest goalthreats, one of them we didn't replace and the other we replaced with Semedo who looks average at best.
Or the squad are sick of the same voice. Football is different now. I see a manager having 2 or 3 years to make an impact. After that if they arent constantly winning or having their team challenging things go stale quick. It's why I feel Arteta doesn't have 3 or 4 years to make this team better. It has to be quicker.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Emotion Reaction GIF

Latest posts+

Top Bottom