• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Why would we sack him?
We wont, cause different rules apply simple as.

From the Athletic:

Mourinho had to guide Sp**s through some very difficult waters and the fact that he managed to get them to sixth by the time the season finally ended last July has to go down as a success. Then, in the summer transfer window, Mourinho got plenty of the players he wanted — Matt Doherty, Joe Hart, Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, Sergio Reguilon — while Levy brought ‘home’ fan-favourite Gareth Bale.

The debate about whether the players or the manager deserve the blame for what has gone wrong has dominated this season, and often been driven by Mourinho’s own attempts to deflect the blame onto his squad. But ultimately it is a manager’s job to get the best out of the players, something Mourinho clearly failed to do.

The abuse and name calling I get my way I try not to criticise Arteta on the forums as much anymore, but it's a fair question people are asking.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Cause different rules apply simple as.

From the Athletic:

The abuse and name calling I get my way I try not to criticise Arteta on the forums as much anymore, but it's a fair question people are asking.

Sack Arteta now. Done with him.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Sack Arteta now. Done with him.
Yeah they joined at the same time so it's really not hard to compare side by side. Jose went from 12th to 6th, we got FA Cup and both ended up in Europa.

We're currently 9th, Sp**s are currently 7th and a micky mouse cup final - this season is a lot closer and hope of Europa saves us but really there isn't much between them. You could argue that Jose was on course to finish higher for the second season in a row.

Both made signings over the summer with Arteta being supported in culling the squad and sending young talent on loan.

Whatever people see in Arteta I really don't but I've gone on about this for ages, so I just go along with it now.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not really fair to compare Arteta to Mourinho.

Mourinho won the CL with Porto, and probably a lot more trophies. Arteta won the FA cup with Arsenal.

Mourinho's start is legendary

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Not really fair to compare Arteta to Mourinho.

Mourinho won the CL with Porto, and probably a lot more trophies. Arteta won the FA cup with Arsenal.

Mourinho's start is legendary
it's unfair to compare their careers - which is where Arteta gets a lot of his sympathy mileage from - but not unfair to compare their recent stints at their most recent clubs as they literally started at the same time.

Both inherited some good, some bad, some aging, some young players.

Both were long term projects as well.

Kav

Established Member
Arteta won a cup last season and is in the semi final of the EL, which gives us a chance at a CL place - which is the main club target. Why would we sack him?

He’s not even been in charge for a full season. Totally unreasonable to expect or demand a manager change.

It actually isn’t unreasonable he has had as much time as Emery and has done worse. Facts show is this.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
it's unfair to compare their careers - which is where Arteta gets a lot of his sympathy mileage from - but not unfair to compare their recent stints at their most recent clubs as they literally started at the same time.

Both inherited some good, some bad, some aging, some young players.

Both were long term projects as well.
Then Arteta will live or die with the EL. Fine margins. If Arsenal can win the EL then nobody can question him, even though the questions might be valid.

It is absolutely shocking that Tottenham fired Mourinho. He deserved a lot more respect.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Do we even play CL next season now? I am so confused whether I should even hope to win this competition or is it pointless anyway?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yeah they joined at the same time so it's really not hard to compare side by side. Jose went from 12th to 6th, we got FA Cup and both ended up in Europa.

We're currently 9th, Sp**s are currently 7th and a micky mouse cup final - this season is a lot closer and hope of Europa saves us but really there isn't much between them. You could argue that Jose was on course to finish higher for the second season in a row.

Both made signings over the summer with Arteta being supported in culling the squad and sending young talent on loan.

Whatever people see in Arteta I really don't but I've gone on about this for ages, so I just go along with it now.
Think the EL run has saved him from real pressure as that still keeps him on course for CL contention - which is the main club target.

In comparison to Jose, he has a trophy, has spent less money, and still has a squad playing for him, unlike Jose who yet again seems to have created a toxic atmosphere at Sp**s.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Then Arteta will live or die with the EL. Fine margins. If Arsenal can win the EL then nobody can question him, even though the questions might be valid.

It is absolutely shocking that Tottenham fired Mourinho. He deserved a lot more respect.
Why did Jose deserve respect? Played the worst football ever seen at Sp**s, out of all major competitions, thrown aside Alli etc, who is a club asset however you look at it.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Agree with the first part, they were absolutely justified in sacking Mourinho though.

Timing was off and I personally would have given him the cup final since he got them there. Maybe Levi didn't want to hear Mourinho remind them forever he was the one to bring in their first cup in ages.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It actually isn’t unreasonable he has had as much time as Emery and has done worse. Facts show is this.
He’s not had a full season in charge, what you talking about? Emery had two summers to get his ideas through.

Arteta also won a cup and is now in a EL semi with teams of a similar level. He could win the EL.

Next season he gets sacked if the league form doesn’t improve.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Agree with the first part, they were absolutely justified in sacking Mourinho though.

Timing was off and I personally would have given him the cup final since he got them there. Maybe Levi didn't want to hear Mourinho remind them forever he was the one to bring in their first cup in ages.

He'll still claim credit for that if they manage to win it

Kav

Established Member
He’s not had a full season in charge, what you talking about? Emery had two summers to get his ideas through.

Arteta also won a cup and is now in a EL semi with teams of a similar level. He could win the EL.

Next season he gets sacked if the league form doesn’t improve.

They’ve been in charge for similar amount of games. Emery was here from the end of may 2018 (He took charge of the club in June) to The end of November, 2020. So he’s had roughly 18 months and two summers.

Mikel Arteta has been here December 2019. He’s been here for 16 months. 1 summer and a long mid season break to work on tactical things.

As for their sporting achievement in his first full season Emery made a EL final and finished 5th. In his first full season so far Arteta has made a EL Semi final and is currently 9th. Arteta has won a Fa cup but he also dropped out of the EL very early in his first half season. Emery had the 22 game unbeaten run and was within a few points from CL.
Over the course of their careers at Arsenal Emery has been the better manager and more consistent with results. Also on the performance side his team played better than Arteta’s. Emery’s squad was more imbalanced and he still did better.

The notion that Arteta has not been given enough time is fraught with falsehood. He has had enough time. He’s just not good enough.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He's had near enough the same time as Mourinho which started the debate today.

They've had very similar results and until the start of the year - style of play. The main difference is one is currently has the players on side, one didn't.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
They’ve been in charge for similar amount of games. Emery was here from the end of may 2018 (He took charge of the club in June) to The end of November, 2020. So he’s had roughly 18 months and two summers.

Mikel Arteta has been here December 2019. He’s been here for 16 months. 1 summer and a long mid season break to work on tactical things.

As for their sporting achievement in his first full season Emery made a EL final and finished 5th. In his first full season so far Arteta has made a EL Semi final and is currently 9th. Arteta has won a Fa cup but he also dropped out of the EL very early in his first half season. Emery had the 22 game unbeaten run and was within a few points from CL.
Over the course of their careers at Arsenal Emery has been the better manager and more consistent with results. Also on the performance side his team played better than Arteta’s. Emery’s squad was more imbalanced and he still did better.

The notion that Arteta has not been given enough time is fraught with falsehood. He has had enough time. He’s just not good enough.
So Sp**s sack another manager and the search for a trophy goes on.

How many is that now?

Maybe they should try something different like giving a manager time to get it right.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
There's lots of managers to compare Arteta to but nobody has got such a big job with so little experience. This alarming fact makes every comparison almost null and void. The problem will be if Sp**s get Nagelsman as rumoured. Then the comparisons with everyone in his age group if nothing else will be frenzied

Latest posts+

Top Bottom