• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If we do go into this Super League, then I don't know what happens to Mikel.

With no pressure on him, he might never be sacked...he could be here for ages :lol:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
If we do go into this Super League, then I don't know what happens to Mikel.

With no pressure on him, he might never be sacked...he could be here for ages :lol:
Probably not. There aren't many elite managers and the ultimate job will be in the ESL only. He's ahead of his time as the PL will become a manager training college. He'll be bottom table Mikel if the ESL takes off.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Probably not. There aren't many elite managers and the ultimate job will be in the ESL only. He's ahead of his time as the PL will become a manager training college. He'll be bottom table Mikel if the ESL takes off.

He's Mikel Bassett, over there ffs :lol:

Camus

Trusted ⭐
So Sp**s sack another manager and the search for a trophy goes on.

How many is that now?

Maybe they should try something different like giving a manager time to get it right.
Pochettino was in charge for 5 years. They were almost mid-season and 14th when they sacked him.

AVB was in charge for a little over 1.5 years. They were 7th when they sacked him and and just gotten hammered 6-0 by City and 5-0 by Liverpool.

Redknapp was in charge for nearly 4 years. His head got turned in Feb of his last season when Capello got sacked and he wanted the England job, their results start to suffer. He outright said if he was offered the England job he'd have quit Sp**s. When he didn't get it he'd already burnt his bridges at Sp**s and had the cheek to ask for a new long term contract, when they couldn't agree on it he was sacked.

Juande Ramos- lol. Given more time he'd have gotten them relegated.

That's the last 14 years of managers. I honestly don't think they were wrong in sacking them. Maybe Poch is the only one you can make a case for but I think his and the team's motivation was shot after that CL final defeat. It seemed like the culmination of 5 years of work and when it flopped it's very, very hard to go again, they needed a change imo.

I don't think their issues are with sacking or trusting managers.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Pochettino was in charge for 5 years. They were almost mid-season and 14th when they sacked him.

AVB was in charge for a little over 1.5 years. They were 7th when they sacked him and and just gotten hammered 6-0 by City and 5-0 by Liverpool.

Redknapp was in charge for nearly 4 years. His head got turned in Feb of his last season when Capello got sacked and he wanted the England job, their results start to suffer. He outright said if he was offered the England job he'd have quit Sp**s. When he didn't get it he'd already burnt his bridges at Sp**s and had the cheek to ask for a new long term contract, when they couldn't agree on it he was sacked.

Juande Ramos- lol. Given more time he'd have gotten them relegated.

That's the last 14 years of managers. I honestly don't think they were wrong in sacking them. Maybe Poch is the only one you can make a case for but I think his and the team's motivation was shot after that CL final defeat. It seemed like the culmination of 5 years of work and when it flopped it's very, very hard to go again, they needed a change imo.

I don't think their issues are with sacking or trusting managers.
Yeah, it's more the fact they've made one good managerial signing in this century lol.

The others have ranged from catastrophical to completely disastrous. Redknapp, AVB, Juande Ramos, Tim Sherwood, Martin Jol, Mourinho...what a ****ing list, lol.

Olivier_Giroud

With Ex-Arsenal player Mikel Arteta still pretending to be Coach/Manager, we will be the laughing stock of the European Super League. Make no mistake, we will be a crowd drawer. Many people will be watching our games, not for our scintillating football but because of our comical performance.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Agree with the first part, they were absolutely justified in sacking Mourinho though.

Timing was off and I personally would have given him the cup final since he got them there. Maybe Levi didn't want to hear Mourinho remind them forever he was the one to bring in their first cup in ages.
Why did Jose deserve respect? Played the worst football ever seen at Sp**s, out of all major competitions, thrown aside Alli etc, who is a club asset however you look at it.
they should have let him complete the season. He must be a real scumbag if they acted in such haste.

UnbiasedNeutral

If I don't survive, tell my wife "hello"
Pls elaborate your reasons for Arteta to stay.
The team is clearly improving and evolving around a strong core of youth. The style of play is attractive and entertaining when executed right and the inconsistencies are to be expected when you're working with young players or players of lesser quality.

In conjunction with this he has began a major squad overhaul by removing several key members of the dressing room who weren't at the required level either in ability or mentality.

The players clearly believe in him and his work along with board members, and as a result he has managed to convince key players for the present and future to sign new contracts. He's also won a trophy in that time and is in the semi finals of a European Cup.

All this whilst working in a Global pandemic which has greatly reduced the time he's had on training pitch to actually coach and mould his team and players.

Sorry if there's any typos I'm on my phone and cba proofreading.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
@UnbiasedNeutral adding some necessary reason and context to the Arteta debate! Well done! 👏👏👏👏

7th in the xG table btw, .29 behind West Ham. We'll finish 5th or 6th in the xG table by the end of the season. Probably 5th ahead of Brighton. Performance level about where could be expected at this point, despite a horrid first half of the season where lack of a link in the ten space (poor squad planning + ESR injury) hurt us.

Last edited:

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
A midfield of Moutinho, Dendoncker, Neves and this guy has time to praise Xhaka :lol:

A real Wolves fan speaking so highly of Xhaka is unlikely he's the type you have to watch week in week out to see any of his qualities. Unless they were Albanian and genuinely watched Arsenal for Xhaka? lmao

I had to reel him in first and tell him I didn't suspect him though :lol:

Neves isn't as good as you seem to think. Joao is class but his legs seem gone tbh and Donk is alright but Xhaka is definitely better.

Dendoncker ffs, Xhaka is clearly a superior player. Given Ceballos' treatment here I can only imagine Neves', they have similar flaws in central midfield and athleticism obsessed folk like yourself who rate highly limited and mediocre athletic players like Willock and AMN and slate on non-athletic ones would destroy him.

Glad to see a member like @UnbiasedNeutral bringing some quality and sense to this thread. Only can have so much level of conversation when you've got people like @Macho posting all over it. 😁

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Tbh, since ESR came into the team, our performance level is fine.

We killed the season with poor summer planning (so much for 95% of the forum who thought signing Thomas was more important than signing a 10) and a poor first half.

Since ESR against Chelsea:

City, 18 GP, 43.24 xPTS
Chelsea, 17 GP, 34.54 xPTS
United, 18 GP, 33.81 xPTS
West Ham,18 GP, 31.53 xPTS
Brighton, 18 GP, 30.57 xPTS
Arsenal, 17 GP, 29.24 xPTS

City: 2.40 xPTS/g
Chelsea: 2.03 xPTS/g
United: 1.87 xPTS/g
West Ham: 1.75 xPTS/g
Arsenal: 1.72 xPTS/g
Brighton: 1.69 xPTS/g
5th in xPTS/g since ESR's insertion. Basically we've had a decent season since ESR came in, and we're paying heavily for bad summer planning.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
We're back baby

tenor.gif

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Arteta could have bought himself a lot of sympathy from the fans if he'd spoken like Pep or Klopp against ESL. He's shown his colors.

His utter silence speaks volumes, so based on the **** season we had, if we don't win Europa, he should be sacked.

No questions asked.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Arteta could have bought himself a lot of symparhy from the fans if he'd spoken like Pep or Klopp against ESL.

Hi utter silence speaks volumes, so based on the **** season we had, if we don't win Europa, he should be sacked.

No questions asked.
Did he have a chance to speak???

Klopp had a match and an excuse too.

Tuchel weaseled out.

Cop on ffs.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Did he have a chance to speak???

Klopp had a match and an excuse too.

Tuchel weaseled out.

Cop on ffs.
They didn't put a tape on his mouth, so it doesn't really matter if he had a chance or not.
The fact that none of our players spoke or tweeted/posted is an indicator that it was probably down to Arteta's orders.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom