• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Why would Arteta waste time addressing entitled fans who hate him and want him fired?
Massive generalization. Do you actually think the majority of the fan base want him gone and hate him? Either way, he's the manager of the club. It's his duty to speak on club affairs. He wasn't required to comment on this, but it was an opportunity for him to make a stance and galvanize the club and supporters.

mirrorstare

This has nothing to do with fans. The values of the club were at stake, he failed and all we got is a ridiculous apology that made us look like a small club willing to alienate everyone out of simple fears.

Maybe that's also the reason he didn't speak, he fears losing his precious and entirely undeserved at this point job security. It's disappointing for his already terrible standards, our only consolations were a Wenger comment, accurate as always, and Bellerin quoting Wenger in vain.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
His point is he had an opportunity to take a stance and earn some support from the fans in a rather tough season. He decided to hide and "evaluate" instead.
Exactly.

And I am sure he will have prepared a "well written evaluation of why we did the right thing to not get involved". His Athletic shills are already churning out well timed "leaks"

While the reality was that were it not for the massive fan pressure and outrage across the football world, we were full steam ahead into this despicable project.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I don't even know what to think now, now it's like if we get knocked out of the EL by Villareal and we get no European football next season i'm like "Yes boys! Sporting merit! Fair competition! Yes, lads! 🥳" but also "Well, this is f*cking sh*t :confused:"

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Exactly.

And I am sure he will have prepared a well written evaluation of why we did the right thing to not get involved. His Athletic shills are already churning our well timed "leaks"

While the reality was that were it not for the massive fan pressure and outrage across the football world, we were full steam ahead into this despicable project.
His point is he had an opportunity to take a stance and earn some support from the fans in a rather tough season. He decided to hide and "evaluate" instead.
This has nothing to do with fans. The values of the club were at stake, he failed and all we got is a ridiculous apology that made us look like a small club willing to alienate everyone out of simple fears.

Maybe that's also the reason he didn't speak, he fears losing his precious and entirely undeserved at this point job security. It's disappointing for his already terrible standards, our only consolations were a Wenger comment, accurate as always, and Bellerin quoting Wenger in vain.
No, he didn't. He said that at a time when the super league wasn't even announced without knowing anything final about it. What was he supposed to say when nobody was informed at that point?

My point still stands. Every other manager only spoke out at press conferences. They didn't do social media posts. Arteta only has his one today.

You hold him to a different standard and read things into where there are none just because you dislike him. That is insane.

And don't come at me with *He knew everything*. Klopp didn't know. Mourinho didn't know. Guardiola didn't know. You really expect the most inexperienced of them all to be some sort of ringleader and the likes of Klopp, Mourinho and Guardiola to be sheep that got played?

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Think some posters on AM have gone so deep into their Arteta-out hole they have long ago lost most sense of perspective. Now it is just keep digging regardless of issue.
It's not some imaginary situation (AM have gone so deep into their Arteta-out hole they have long ago lost most sense of perspective), it is reality.

It's almost end of April and we're 9th on the table (only on merit of more games played).
That's midtable level.

Therefore if he fails to win Europa, he should be sacked.

glitchform

No surprise in that because the Kroenkes want compliant managers while Pep and Klopp are strong managers who can stand up against club owners to an extent. Glad you feel like that about Europa and Arteta though, I'm happy to fully align with your stance and judgment, have been pretty much at that point already without unequivocally saying it.

Is that so? Might I remind you of Pep at Barca?

Kav

Established Member
I am a well known dissenter of Arteta. However I don’t see how anyone can knock him for the stance he has taken. He was asked a question and he said. I don’t know enough let me get some more information and I will get back to you. He hasn’t had an opportunity to speak on the issue yet because everything with the SL happened in a world wind 48hours.

Yes he could have gone out of his way to make a post or issue a statement but we don’t know if he was able to speak with the owners during this time. From all indications the ownership pretty much ghosted the staff and players with this.

If I were Arteta I am not going to publicly make a statement about something I don’t know about. Even if my intuition tells me it’s wrong I would at least want to talk to the owners who put me in that difficult situation and say explain yourself because my reputation could be on the line and I want to know what the hell is going on.

Fair to those players and managers of other teams who spoke out. To those who didn’t I won’t blame them too much right now because it appears that they were just as blindsided as the rest of us fans.

Iceman10

Established Member
I am a well known dissenter of Arteta. However I don’t see how anyone can knock him for the stance he has taken. He was asked a question and he said. I don’t know enough let me get some more information and I will get back to you. He hasn’t had an opportunity to speak on the issue yet because everything with the SL happened in a world wind 48hours.

Yes he could have gone out of his way to make a post or issue a statement but we don’t know if he was able to speak with the owners during this time. From all indications the ownership pretty much ghosted the staff and players with this.

If I were Arteta I am not going to publicly make a statement about something I don’t know about. Even if my intuition tells me it’s wrong I would at least want to talk to the owners who put me in that difficult situation and say explain yourself because my reputation could be on the line and I want to know what the hell is going on.

Fair to those players and managers of other teams who spoke out. To those who didn’t I won’t blame them too much right now because it appears that they were just as blindsided as the rest of us fans.
Fair enough, but I think the idea of supporting him being sacked if he doesn't win Europa is sound enough. He's made personnel decisions and selection decisions that have clearly cost us points in the PL, not just bad luck. Not just "rookie" things we can say he likely will grow out of either, and it is his innate traits and stubbornness that are my main concern. Stubbornness can be good, but not if it is stubbornness for certain preferences that adversely affect us.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Amazingly, for the first instance in a very long time, his existence as Arsenal manager has been the least of my gripes, such was the dire situation football was in over the past couple of days.

But as things return to normal over the next few days, so will my animosity :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom