• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko

the Kroenkes had the right intentions and we now have to move on.

I have a word for Arteta it starts with Q
That's how a lot of the interview went tbh. As I said went quite diplomatic and *understanding*. But whenever it was something specific there was clear condemnation.

For example these parts:

So I'm sure that they have the right reasons to start something but it clearly didn’t work, or it wasn’t the right time, it wasn’t done the right way and it was time to step back."

All of them with the right intentions to defend the club and put the club in the best possible position for now and for the future but accepting that the way it’s been handled obviously has had terrible consequences and that it was a mistake."

Is basically the nice way of saying *Yeah, I believe they wanted to improve the club (finances), but they were ****ing ****** doing it*.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Why does Stan Kroenke look like a retired Inspector Clouseau? Man looks like a campy B movie villain. :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Mikel is Kroenke out
Wouldn't get carried away, all he said was the fans have the right to express their opinion.

Standard answer that can be used for when the team get's booed. Think some of you are clutching a bit - Arteta hasn't expressed Kroenke Out, that's his employer.

Taneruit

Established Member

Wouldn't get carried away, all he said was the fans have the right to express their opinion.

Standard answer that can be used for when the team get's booed. Think some of you are clutching a bit - Arteta hasn't expressed Kroenke Out, that's his employer.
Just mentioning that fans have the right to protest is something I didn’t expect tbh. Especially considering it was asked directly mentioning the friday protests.

PR answer here would be *this isn’t the right way* *fans don’t realize x* and so on.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Arteta must be stupid now forcing his players to take a pay cut, which was not his place.

Till now I don’t know why these players were pressured to take a pay cut?

90% of you scummy bastards backed that too.
Mikel saw none of these players were worth their wages and enforced a paycut.

My manager.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yeah, Arteta is saying “fans can do as they wish” because this is such an extreme situation that the whole club including the owner knows they are potentially going to killed with fans protesting, moaning, being unhappy.

There is nothing else he can say.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Yeah, Arteta is saying “fans can do as they wish” because this is such an extreme situation that the whole club including the owner knows they are potentially going to killed with fans protesting, moaning, being unhappy.

There is nothing else he can say.
Exactly this ^ @Taneruit

Taneruit

Established Member

Exactly this ^ @Taneruit
Nah.

PR answer isn’t to affirm protests and especially not saying they should have room to do so. (Which basically permits that they shouldn’t be stopped in tgeir efforts. An absolute No, no actually. )

Aside from outright discouring it or just deflecting/shutting up is calming fans down. Thats the PR answer. Didn’t happen.

YMMV, of course.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Nah.

PR answer isn’t to affirm protests and especially not saying they should have room to do so. (Which basically permits that they shouldn’t be stopped in tgeir efforts. An absolute No, no actually. )

Aside from outright discouring it or just deflecting/shutting up is calming fans down. Thats the PR answer. Didn’t happen.

YMMV, of course.
You'd be very hard pressed to find anybody in English football not openly condemning recent events, let alone being diplomatic about it like Arteta. Defending Kronke in any way is **** right now.

Think you're reaching massively tbh, Arteta isn't a freedom fighter here he's doing his job (and doing that job well in regards to pressers mind).

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Just mentioning that fans have the right to protest is something I didn’t expect tbh. Especially considering it was asked directly mentioning the friday protests.

PR answer here would be *this isn’t the right way* *fans don’t realize x* and so on.

You can't be serious. Even Arteta's mother wouldn't put that sweet a twist on it.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
You'd be very hard pressed to find anybody in English football not openly condemning recent events, let alone being diplomatic about it like Arteta. Defending Kronke in any way is **** right now.

Think you're reaching massively tbh, Arteta isn't a freedom fighter here he's doing his job (and doing that job well in regards to pressers mind).

Didn't he? He repeated the wording of the official press release. "Their intentions were to protect the club", mistakes made in the way it was done and the timing! Asking us all to just move on.

That, imo, is as much of a defence as he can offer given the general feeling.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Didn't he? He repeated the wording of the official press release. "Their intentions were to protect the club", mistakes made in the way it was done and the timing! Asking us all to just move on.

That, imo, is as much of a defence as he can offer given the general feeling.
Could be seen as defence. The main reason I don't though is because Arteta is correct there, I actually agree with him.

Yes Arsenal did this awful thing trying to secure their standing, guarantee they never worry about relegation again and more generate more revenue.. I get that.

However, lets not pretend for a second the likes of Mike Ashley and all the other outsiders wouldn't jump at the chance to get a seat at the table if the shoe was on the other foot.

Trying to secure the dynasty you can't really blame Kronke for that - imagine this actually went ahead and we opted out?

Taneruit

Established Member

First paragraph I have no idea why you wrote. I mean yeah?

Second I’ve never even said. The most I’ve inferred here is snarky comments by him mixed in with the diplomatic stuff and a support for the act of the protest at least.

Its not like I’m interpreting here baseless as well. Been and have seen plenty of similiar situations. Thats of course based on personal anecodotes which is why I wrote *your mileage may vary*. Could be completley off.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Could be seen as defence. The main reason I don't though is because Arteta is correct there, I actually agree with him.

Yes Arsenal did this awful thing trying to secure their standing, guarantee they never worry about relegation again and more generate more revenue.. I get that.

However, lets not pretend for a second the likes of Mike Ashley and all the other outsiders wouldn't jump at the chance to get a seat at the table if the shoe was on the other foot.

Trying to secure the dynasty you can't really blame Kronke for that - imagine this actually went ahead and we opted out?

:lol: Really? You think their main aim was securing standing? What exactly about their behaviour during their tenure as Arsenal owners, and especially in the past couple of years, gave you that impression?

You think the Kroenkes give a damn about our Arsenal football apart from it being a money generating machine that they don't have to, and don't want to, invest in.

No wonder you agree with Arteta.

I would like to add one thing: Barca and Real fans are according to what I heard in favour of the ESL.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

:lol: Really? You think their main aim was securing standing? What exactly about their behaviour during their tenure as Arsenal owners, and especially in the past couple of years, gave you that impression?

You think the Kroenkes give a damn about our Arsenal football apart from it being a money generating machine that they don't have to, and don't want to, invest in.

No wonder you agree with Arteta.
Have the club generate revenue without him lifting a finger? and not having to worry about his investment getting relegated due to team performance? a team he doesn't want to invest in?

Yeah that's exactly what I think KSE wanted out of this - what else did you think he was hoping to get out of this?
You think he wants to see Arsenal plummet because of a rookie manager he got on the cheap?
You think he doesn't want to use the money generated from Arsenal on his other ventures?

I never said he cares about the club, he 1000% cares about his investment and the bottom line however, which is what the ESL was all about.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom