• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He probably wont get the chance to turn it around. He's an expensive squaddie until we're stuck by injury and then he'll have to come in a pull up trees to stay in the side. It didn't turn out good for us.
and football is such a funny sport, should the above scenario happens and he has a couple months where he's the best player in the team - is that impossible? No it's not.

I don't mean to come off as a Willian apologist, I am just saying bum signings happen all the time and one shouldn't define a manager. If we are looking at stuff to beat Arteta with, he has plenty of stuff we can throw at him tbh I don't see why Willian's salary or contract is such a sticking point.

Especially since we've stayed away from signings of Willian's profile ever since.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Ok, it's a concern then. We're all concerned about a lot of things that we wont ever know the answers to though. Judging his performances is far easier on the mind.

Well yes, but I don't get where you're going with this. Are you saying that if I'm concerned about a player (like many people were about Willian) that I should pretend not to be?

I think in a forum we have a right to feel however we want to feel, and we might disagree with others which then creates conversation or even arguments (which isn't necessarily bad, I've never really understood the "I hate everyone here rhetoric").

I just gave my honest feelings at the time, it was before I saw him play for us granted, but it was still an opinion I was entitled to.

Of course I'd have been perfectly happy to admit I was wrong if he performed really well throughout his three years here.

Unfortunately though it doesn't look like that will be the case, so I'll stick to the feeling that we shouldn't have bothered with him in the first place.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He should get the sack if we lose here today. This game really will define his career here.
This is what I'm saying - all this Willian talk is agenda's getting tangled into recycled arguments.

If Arteta doesn't get to the finals some of you will need to do a much better job of explaining why this guy is in the building in the first place.

The last chance of Europe getting taken away by the manager you sacked who is coaching a micky mouse team is absolute clown sh*t, how do you defend that?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is what I'm saying - all this Willian talk is agenda's getting tangled into recycled arguments.

If Arteta doesn't get to the finals some of you will need to do a much better job of explaining why this guy is in the building in the first place.

The last chance of Europe getting taken away by the manager you sacked is absolute clown sh*t.

I was a defender of him up until recently, I still do think this squad is a poisoned chalice for any coach, but it's better than 10th (think around 7th is par).

The team he picked in the first leg and the in game management was a massive red flag for me (as well as the Saliba situation).

Emery putting the final nail in the coffin for the season would be peak banter era Arsenal, which is subconsciously why I can see it happening lol.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Emery putting the final nail in the coffin for the season would be peak banter era Arsenal, which is subconsciously why I can see it happening lol.
Honestly, and I said it before - I think we are through. That away goal changes a lot and Emery can't help himself (I rate him as well).

We didn't deserve it and he made a sub that brought us in the game essentially, the damage is done.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Honestly, and I said it before - I think we are through. That away goal changes a lot and Emery can't help himself (I rate him as well).

We didn't deserve it and he made a sub that brought us in the game essentially, the damage is done.

Yeah, I mean they looked very average the other week and Emery is extremely pragmatic. Logic says we should go though.

But I just keep envisioning the imagine of Emery celebrating at the Emirates edited into a banter era highlights package on YouTube (mashed up with the iconic moments such as gallas at Birmingham, Adebayor celebration, Koscienly **** up, Baku ect).

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Yes that’s the best source. So that’s £100K a week salary plus £4.8m a year signing on bonus. Which means he costs the club the equivalent of £190K a week.

Your equivalency is a spin job. He makes 100k a week as his salary. The lump sums the club paid beforehand do not count. The penny pinching this club has done for two decades has turned its fans into amateur bankers and financial analysts.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I'm Arteta-on the fence.

That's how much that half annoyed me, sickening stuff!

Top Bottom