• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
This is my opinion. Talk about formations and systems is pointless. Talk of the manager is pointless. Only one thing matters. The style of play. I dont care whether Arteta stays or goes. If he messes up he will be gone by December.

What is important is that we build a squad for any manager and we base it on a style of play. Determine how you want to play. Due to our history and status. It has to be possession based, forward thinking, fast, passing football. So you recruit based on that. Build a squad that can play a back 3 or 4. That can play a double pivot or 3. That has a double pivot and single pivot. That has 10s who can play as 8s. That has wide forwards. That has two different profiles at Cf.

Not sure we really have a style routed in the foundations of the club like a Barce or Ajax. It was Wengers style but that regime completely expelled from the club with no succession & to be fair was on its knees towards the end style wise.

You could see in the week there is no ingrained style or second nature for these players when under pressure. They were rudderless.

We need a strong manager to bring their style whatever it is. Personally just cant see us having success trying to be a City lite with worse players.

Abhishek Arora

Always Hoping For The Worst
Based on goals conceded, only Man City, Chelsea and Manchester United have conceded less goals than we have. That tells me we have improved as a defensive unit and are hard to beat. We just can't score or create consistently. The table tells you this....View attachment 2837
The team which has failed keep a clean sheet in 13 games i think is never a defensive unit.There is no point going by stats.What matters is silverware and league position.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
If your kid gets 2/100 on his maths test and then in the next one he gets 10/100 do you pat him on that back and say "well done kiddo, that's positive progression :thumbsup:". Leave it out. Your kid (or maybe you yourself) would have to be literally clinically ******** for that to be your reaction.

Those 6 PL games between December and January we experienced a purple patch. That has been proven demonstrable true by the fact that since then we've far closer to the relegation tier form we exhibited in the 1st half of the season. We're currently winless in our last 6 home games, 3 losses and 3 draws. We've conceded 7 and scored just 2. The opposition has included the likes of Fulham, Prague, Olympiacos and Villarreal. How is that "positive progression"?

How is describing the outright worst season on multiple fronts this club has ever experienced in over a 1/4 of a century in the manner I did hyperbole? The jig is up. There's literally nothing to fall back on. And to top it off the final blow was delivered by the man he replaced, He Who Must Not Be Named. That's a Fatality so 18+ rated that even Mortal Kombat would squirm at the thought of it.

Your defence of Arteta was, I want to say "borderline" but that would be way too generous, nah it was outright cult leader levels of fanaticism. That fact that due to ONE game you went from that extreme to now saying it's "obvious" he's not the right for the job shows that your entire previous argument was completely and utterly shallow. There are (or maybe "were" is the operative word after last night) a fair few Arteta fanboys on this forum, obviously I have my beef with them and the views they hold/held, but even still their stances on Arteta and Emery were far more "reasonable" (if you can even call it "reasonable" to support Arteta) then what you exhibited.

If people are angry, furious and rabid it's because this has been a undeniably horrific season. They are fully justified in those emotions, just because you've come to your senses so, so, soooooooo late on doesn't mean those other more informed and intelligent individuals are/were exaggerating when they correctly called this months ago. It honestly doesn't take a galaxy brain 84d chess of Arteta level proportions to think maybe, just maybe a manager that presided over a 7 game winless run with 5 defeats and no goals from open play in over 10 hours and resulted in us being 15th and mixing it up with the relegation fodder, that maybe that manager is a bit poo and isn't going to have a good rest of the season.
Spitting facts

Pop Tart

Established Member
Based on goals conceded, only Man City, Chelsea and Manchester United have conceded less goals than we have. That tells me we have improved as a defensive unit and are hard to beat. We just can't score or create consistently. The table tells you this....View attachment 2837
We are easy to beat, we gift goals to opposition without them really working for it. We are a shambles defensively.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Will always love Freddie for his lineup Vs Everton, basically sent a message of which players were to be trusted Vs the ones you couldn't. Arteta should've immediately took note but didn't.

His only win, was on my birthday too...good guy, that Freddie!

Will always make me laugh how Freddie publicly fell out for Mes, but then used Mes as a stick to beat Arteta with, after he fell out worse with Mikel :lol:

Abhishek Arora

Always Hoping For The Worst
It won't be a popular opinion but I think we need to go back to 3 at the back if we are going to start Gabriel and Saliba, at least until they have a couple of years more experience under their belts. I think it what Conte (unlikely but please) would do if he came here. I could see Saka becoming his Hakimi on the right as he probably doesn't score enough to be one of the front 3.

GK

Saliba Luiz Gabriel

Saka Partey Xhaka Tierney

? ? Pepe
I have been saying this since a long time..he needs to go back to back 3..that’s where he earned his success.He is still trying to copy Pep’s tactics (even tried Esr as false 9 like Foden).With a back 3 he played Auba on on the left..start him in middle and try the creative players he lacked like Ødegaard and Esr.

LuanNguyen

I have been saying this since a long time..he needs to go back to back 3..that’s where he earned his success.He is still trying to copy Pep’s tactics (even tried Esr as false 9 like Foden).With a back 3 he played Auba on on the left..start him in middle and try the creative players he lacked like Ødegaard and Esr.
He doesn't copy Pep, he just wants to prove that he's on the same level as Pep.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Gary Neville was right to label Arsenal a shambles, a total mess of a club which needs a re-build in it ownership, leadership and management way more than it does in its playing squad.

I’m not sure there’s anybody at the club now where you’d say, “They know what they’re doing”. Not one. The decline is accelerating.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
How can you keep a manager who’s already getting the excuses in? This “ruthlessness” bullshit is just an open-ended excuse for him. When it goes tits up he can say we wasn’t ruthless enough and didn’t buy enough new players or some other bollocks.

Let’s not forget this time last year he was demanding we spend money in order to catch up with the other teams and he was given Partey, Gabriel and Willian on a fat contract. He has ruined Partey, benched Gabriel for an average journeyman and got absolutely nothing out of Willian.

It will always be someone else’s fault with this ****. Like I said a while ago, he’s the sort of bloke who’d cheat on his girlfriend and then she’d take him back once he’s persuaded her it was all her fault.

GDeep™

League is very weak
How can you keep a manager who’s already getting the excuses in? This “ruthlessness” bullshit is just an open-ended excuse for him. When it goes tits up he can say we wasn’t ruthless enough and didn’t buy enough new players or some other bollocks.

Let’s not forget this time last year he was demanding we spend money in order to catch up with the other teams and he was given Partey, Gabriel and Willian on a fat contract. He has ruined Partey, benched Gabriel for an average journeyman and got absolutely nothing out of Willian.

It will always be someone else’s fault with this ****. Like I said a while ago, he’s the sort of bloke who’d cheat on his girlfriend and then she’d take him back once he’s persuaded her it was all her fault.
It could be the people at the club are also on this, Edu is new, Tim Lewis is new etc. That’s my worry, they are all on the same BS and think going into next season is still the way to go.

I have seen enough to see Arteta simply can’t be backed anymore, there is nothing to support or put your hope on.

teamsoutheast

The team which has failed keep a clean sheet in 13 games i think is never a defensive unit.There is no point going by stats.What matters is silverware and league position.
Ultimately, yes, but bare in mind, many people on here were moaning when we won the FA cup twice in 3 seasons under Wenger and even winning it under Arteta when he took over.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
It could be the people at the club are also on this, Edu is new, Tim Lewis is new etc. That’s my worry, they are all on the same BS and think going into next season is still the way to go.

I have seen enough to see Arteta simply can’t be backed anymore, there is nothing to support or put your hope on.
Should’ve been sacked at Xmas. Definitely needs to be sacked now. We can’t waste another summer budget and season on him. Get the rot out now.
Also it looks like his latest PR offensive has helped energise his cult members out of the wood works. The man is a master gaslighter and manipulator.

teamsoutheast

These are the Premier League average possession statistics this season. We are currently 7th which isn't good enough for where we want/need to be. This tells me our midfield isn't good enough and can't keep hold of the ball for sustained periods. If we can fix our midfield and instill more technical and creative players we might just strike that balance we need. Screenshot_20210508-141943.jpg

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
These are the Premier League average possession statistics this season. We are currently 7th which isn't good enough for where we want/need to be. This tells me our midfield isn't good enough and can't keep hold of the ball for sustained periods. If we can fix our midfield and instill more technical and creative players we might just strike that balance we need. View attachment 2839
Why do you love tets so much?

teamsoutheast

These are the Premier League average possession statistics this season. We are currently 7th which isn't good enough for where we want/need to be. This tells me our midfield isn't good enough and can't keep hold of the ball for sustained periods. If we can fix our midfield and instill more technical and creative players we might just strike that balance we need. View attachment 2839
In contrast, Man City have averaged over 60% possession since the 2016/2017 season. If we want to play the football we crave, we need to be hitting those stats over the next few seasons. Midfield has been a big problem since for a long time now.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom