• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I think we could do with remembering that this bloke has given it everything he's got, fine he's come up short but I think some of the hate here is unnecessary.
Premier League No GIF

Bloodbather

Established Member

It’s Arteta who chose to sell Martinez, dump Özil, not play Saliba, loan out Guendouzi, not give Martinelli many chances, persist with Willian, experiment with ESR at false nine.
Fair points about the rest, but Özil shouldn't really be mentioned as a factor in weakening the squad, imo. Can't even make a difference for Fenerbahçe in Turkey, he's been ****e.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Don't you want to control games with high posession and score goals like City do? I want that. I want us to play total football like City but we aren't going to get anywhere near them until we can keep the ball in midfield and control posession against Europe's best teams. That's where we need to aim to be. Changing manager just changes philosophy all the time and if you are not careful, you will be in perpetual transition. We can't keep starting again. We need to choose a manager who shares the attacking football philosophy and stick with him.... see Bielsa at Leeds.
The problem is this manager probably needs a team like City to play football like that and that ain’t happening here. We need a manager who can take this team + our summer budget and turn us into a team competing for top 4. A manager who can do what Rodgers or Klopp did in their first 1-2 seasons at Pool. That manager isn’t Arteta it should be clear by now. The money to build a team that might work for him isn’t there and never will be. He can’t work with this group so someone else who can is mandatory.

teamsoutheast

The problem is this manager probably needs a team like City to play football like that and that ain’t happening here. We need a manager who can take this team + our summer budget and turn us into a team competing for top 4. A manager who can do what Rodgers or Klopp did in their first 1-2 seasons at Pool. That manager isn’t Arteta it should be clear by now. The money to build a team that might work for him isn’t there and never will be. He can’t work with this group so someone else who can is mandatory.

Entertaining football is what the board and fans want. It's part of our identity and the legacy Wenger left. Our midfield is nowhere near good enough to get top 4 and needs a serious overhaul. Let's see what Arteta and Edu can bring.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Don't you want to control games with high posession and score goals like City do? I want that. I want us to play total football like City but we aren't going to get anywhere near them until we can keep the ball in midfield and control posession against Europe's best teams. That's where we need to aim to be. Changing manager just changes philosophy all the time and if you are not careful, you will be in perpetual transition. We can't keep starting again. We need to choose a manager who shares the attacking football philosophy and stick with him.... see Bielsa at Leeds.
He needs to start by making sure we're a goal threat and try to mould the team in to one with more control, either by developing players or bringing in select new ones. Thats basically what Klopp did, in his first seasons they were dangerous and chaotic only later did he manage to calm them down while retaining their threat up front. When we try to control games we are toothless.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Noticed a definite change in your attitude towards him, what’s happened?🤣

It’s not the results. He should go because of them but Emery and Wenger were good people.

Mikel is just so unlikeable. I feel like he's never speaking to the fans, it’s always trying to boost his reputation in the media and with pundits.

Blames anything and everything apart from himself. How many times did we hear Wenger and Emery saying it was their fault?

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
He made those conditions tho?

You reckon he practices these lines in front of the mirror to keep himself from laughing when he meets the press?

I didn't realize he infected Auba with malaria, food poisoned Cedric, clubbed Tierney's knee, and gave Xhaka a stretched hamstring from a figure four leglock all to get Willian on the pitch

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Blames anything and everything apart from himself. How many times did we hear Wenger and Emery saying it was their fault?

He does something worse, he Mustafis it. He does the equivalent of putting his hands on his hips and has his face going "I can't believe this is happening again".

"I'm partially at fault, because not having Xhaka at leftback screwed our game plan up" is a great read for pundits and some fans, but it completely glances over why we lost Xhaka, Luiz, Tierney and Partey at diferent points during the season.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Chatting too much BS now. Normally you say a sacking is close, but I’m worried our staff might be on board with him and his recent thoughts.

Guy has no class at all. Don’t think Wenger made this many excuses in 25 years, even after leaving the club. Definitely never threw anyone under the bus.

When the heat is on and pressure is peak, you see the real colours of people, Micky is just so unlikeable here.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom