• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Why do you think they are backing him more than they backed Wenger/Emery? Doesn't make sense to me at all honestly. Lack of ambition? But they sacked Wenger and Emery for better results. Arteta is a yes man? But it's not like Wenger and Emery are confrontational managers either. Honestly the only explanation for me is Arteta was a 100% Josh's pick, and Josh is too proud to admit his incompetence, so now he's gonna try to make it work at any cost to not look like a fool.
Stan backing Wenger was much less of a problem tbh. That much was obvious the minute Josh came to the UK to oversee things. The problems started with the Ivan/Josh power play. Both are clueless. Stan isn't interested and we're probably being used for Josh to cut his teeth as head of KSE empire. It's football manager in real life. Josh will back down when the memes start.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Why do you think they are backing him more than they backed Wenger/Emery? Doesn't make sense to me at all honestly. Lack of ambition? But they sacked Wenger and Emery for better results. Arteta is a yes man? But it's not like Wenger and Emery are confrontational managers either. Honestly the only explanation for me is Arteta was a 100% Josh's pick, and Josh is too proud to admit his incompetence, so now he's gonna try to make it work at any cost to not look like a fool.

It's hard to know, I do agree Arteta is Josh's man so it'll take a lot for him to admit he's wrong about him. I think that's the main difference between him and Emery, Emery was Ivan's choice and he had gone so it was an easy decision and I think Emery was only ever seen as a transitional manager who'd hopefully get us back into the top 4. I also don't think Kroenke would have ever sacked Wenger, again I think it was something really pushed by Ivan and maybe even with Raul pushing for it as well and they thought a change of manager might stop the rot. My word how wrong they were.

I also believe maybe the club realise that we're a long way away from seriously competing and want to give Arteta time, but it's gone on far too long now, we've seen enough. I think they're just in denial now.

Let's play Aubamawang

A serious club with a serious owner would look at how proactive Chelsea were with sacking Lampard. They were wallowing where we are, but are now top 4 and in a position to win a double. But we're doing the opposite.

Everyone involved should be ashamed.
A fair point, but their recruitment and ability to sell young talent to raise funds is vastly superior to ours. And they get rid of players after a certain age for a reason. We then inexplicably buy them.

teamsoutheast

There's absolutely no doubt that the squad is flawed. That said, Arteta has not put the squad in a position to be successful. Alienating Saliba who may already be the best defender at the club was criminal. Waiting as long as he did to give opportunities to ESR was criminal. Letting Martinez go in favor of Burned Leno was criminal. Persisting with Xhaka, especially out of position was criminal. Not getting money for the likes of Willock and AMN so we could either afford reinforcements or afford to keep Martinez only to send them out on loan was criminal. Leaving Martinelli on the bench when he probably saved Arteta's job was criminal. Not disciplining Willian for going AWOL during a pandemic was criminal. How many mistakes should a guy be allowed to make? This squad would be 5th or 6th with a proper manager. The club essentially wrote off the first third of the season by allowing this ***** to get everything wrong in terms of tactics and team selection. Who knows what damage he did continually rushing Partey back from injury to the point that he doesn't look like the same player who arrived here? He's done one thing right all season, which was benching the ghost of PEA in the NLD. Every other thing he could get wrong, he has. It's enough now.

Martinez wanted to go and wanted a new challenge. It's out of our hands if the player wants to go. Where was Xhaka played out of position? Mate, you're just trying to find things to beat him with. We can't sell all our homegrown players or we would have breached the quota. It was the right decision to Loan Willock and AMN. AMN didn't want to play full back and wanted to go somewhere where he could play in his favoured position. AMN is not ready to play midfield here as he doesn't have that concentration and decision making to keep the ball for long periods. His pass completion rate is currently 77% we need those stats in the high 80's for the football we want to play. When did Willian go AWOL????? Stop making stuff up for crying out loud and be reasonable.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It’s not the results. He should go because of them but Emery and Wenger were good people.

Mikel is just so unlikeable. I feel like he's never speaking to the fans, it’s always trying to boost his reputation in the media and with pundits.

Blames anything and everything apart from himself. How many times did we hear Wenger and Emery saying it was their fault?
You can see it’s all very planned you say he doesn’t take blame but he actually does, he knows he has to do it at but you get the vibe he doesn’t actually think it is.

In that Telegraph interview he subtly suggests that it might be his fault but he sneaks it in there amongst 30 other excuses. Doesn’t come across genuine at all.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Martinez wanted to go and wanted a new challenge. It's out of our hands if the player wants to go. Where was Xhaka played out of position? Mate, you're just trying to find things to beat him with. We can't sell all our homegrown players or we would have breached the quota. It was the right decision to Loan Willock and AMN. AMN didn't want to play full back and wanted to go somewhere where he could play in his favoured position. AMN is not ready to play midfield here as he doesn't have that concentration and decision making to keep the ball for long periods. His pass completion rate is currently 77% we need those stats in the high 80's for the football we want to play. When did Willian go AWOL????? Stop making stuff up for crying out loud and be reasonable.
What breach of quota are you talking about? Loaned out players can't be registered for your squad anyway. Selling & loaning players out are the same thing in that regard wth

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Why do you think they are backing him more than they backed Wenger/Emery? Doesn't make sense to me at all honestly. Lack of ambition? But they sacked Wenger and Emery for better results. Arteta is a yes man? But it's not like Wenger and Emery are confrontational managers either. The only reasonable explanation for me is Arteta was a 100% Josh's pick, and Josh is too proud to admit his incompetence, so now he's gonna try to make it work at any cost to not look like a fool.
But why does Josh care? He answers to nobody, his dad owns the club and he knows the fans would get off his back (temporarily anyway) if he got in a proven manager, or at least tried to. Arteta is the perfect scapegoat to get the heat off him.

Baffling behaviour all around.

teamsoutheast

Loaned out players are not counted in the homegrown quota as they aren't even registered to begin with😒
I was referring to the point @Batman made about raising funds by selling them. I'm fully aware of the rules and selling Willock and AMN without having a good look at them first, wouldn't have been a good decision IMO.

Abhishek Arora

Always Hoping For The Worst
Not even a single player has played better footbal under Arteta.
Players have been degrading under him, he’s making the likes of Partey abd Aubameyang look bang average and ruining the youth players like Saliba, Martinelli & Balogun. Tactically out of his depth and not cut out to be a manager

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Martinez wanted to be the number 1 and he deserved it after his performances in the final matches. Willian went to Dubai during the pandemic and was allowed right back into the squad while Auba was not allowed to play because he arrived late for training. I am all for managers being strict. But he should apply same rules for everyone. Why special treatment for his sweet child Willian?

Top Bottom