• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
This is what I imagine the board are thinking, think that's enough time to give a rookie manager too, he needs to show something next season pretty quickly.

No Europe next season should help him too.

Yep. A quick start is imperative.

If we're Top 4/5 most of the time up till Christmas he'll win many back to his side, whatever they're saying now.

Hovering around 7th or lower and he'll be gone before the New Year I believe and rightly so.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
Yep. A quick start is imperative.

If we're Top 4/5 most of the time up till Christmas he'll win many back to his side, whatever they're saying now.

Hovering around 6th or lower and he'll be gone before the New Year I believe and rightly so.

Thats not a serious way of running a club. Give the rookie the chance to waste more points and sack him when we are in a hopeless position. Terrible thinking.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think it’s too big a risk to stick with him, you’re potentially wasting another season, based on what? Arteta has shown nothing in the league.

A new guy comes during November/December and the season is wasted. Been there and done that.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Now this is the table since Christmas that I have been searching for :lol:

The awful early season form I think has coloured pretty much all our views as fans and understandably so.

Saying that we've been on Top 4 form since Christmas is cool and correct but when you're still languishing in mid-table it doesn't really feel like things are improving or moving in the right direction.

Results and performance wise the first half of the season was deplorable.

Second half of the season results have been probably slightly above par but performances have been erratic.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The awful early season form I think has coloured pretty much all our views as fans and understandably so.

Saying that we've been on Top 4 form since Christmas is cool and correct but when you're still languishing in mid-table it doesn't really feel like things are improving or moving in the right direction.

Results and performance wise the first half of the season was deplorable.

Second half of the season results have been probably slightly above par but performances have been erratic.

Yeah, that table is meaningless unless we consistently improve next season.

The worry is how badly we are ending this season, as you say.

From Chelsea at home to Wolves away, we seemed to play well every match...made me believe that not having a creative player between the lines was the issue, as ESR returned to the team in that period.

But since Wolves, we have been all over the place again, more crap games than fun games...hopeful for Arteta for next season, but concerned after the last few months tbh.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

All these form tables and such neglect to mention that Liverpool and Sp**s have had terrible seasons as well. Chelsea's season was saved by Tuchel taking over obviously. It would he very unlikely that all 3 are as poor again next season.

You factor in all that and the opportunity was there for us to have an open run to top 4 and yet we're still behind all of those teams. It's been a **** show from us, no questions.

Pop Tart

Established Member
All these form tables and such neglect to mention that Liverpool and Sp**s have had terrible seasons as well. Chelsea's season was saved by Tuchel taking over obviously. It would he very unlikely that all 3 are as poor again next season.

You factor in all that and the opportunity was there for us to have an open run to top 4 and yet we're still behind all of those teams. It's been a **** show from us, no questions.
Pool can be excused considering what they have achieved. They be back next season.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Arsenal had about a 5 week stretch where they did well. If you break this down a bit further:

Matchday 1-15: Arsenal = 15th place

Matchday 16-21: Arsenal = 2nd place

Matchday 22-today: Arsenal = 8th place

Matchday 16-21 opponents were Chelsea, Brighton, West Brom, Crystal palace, Newcastle, Southampton.

None of the above teams except Chelsea are top 12 teams.

Hence why table since Christmas is absolute bullcrap.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Pool can be excused considering what they have achieved. They be back next season.
Yeah no doubt but that's part of my point. We can't expect them to have such a poor season by their recent standards again, which of course means it's been a huge opportunity wasted.

Iceman10

Established Member
Arsenal had about a 5 week stretch where they did well. If you break this down a bit further:

Matchday 1-15: Arsenal = 15th place

Matchday 16-21: Arsenal = 2nd place

Matchday 22-today: Arsenal = 8th place

Matchday 16-21 opponents were Chelsea, Brighton, West Brom, Crystal palace, Newcastle, Southampton.

None of the above teams except Chelsea are top 12 teams.

Hence why table since Christmas is absolute bullcrap.
Nice breakdown.

Top Bottom