• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
I wanted Mikel out if we went out of the EL at the semi final stage. Tbh I think going out of the EL and not having European football could be a blessing in disguise. But On the manager himself... I still don't dislike him like many do on here.

Last night I went back to something he said in December -

"We want to move to a 4-3-3 but for that, you need a lot of specificity in every position but now in five or six positions, we don’t have it."

Now I know top managers should be able to use what they have well. But so many things are out of place for us to even begin thinking about playing in the 433 Mikel wants.

If that's his philosophy he hasn't been able to implement it at all. Mainly due to the lack of creative players in the side. He was forced to sign a AM to bring in creativity. Things would've been very very different if we signed Aouar imo.

Anyway that's besides the point, it looks like the board are persisting with him until at least the winter. So let's back the window, get him HIS team for the way he wants to play. And then we will really see if he's any good or if he really is a bigger flop than me after 2 beers.
It is his team. Chose Leno over Martinez,extended Holding and Luiz,bought Gabriel and Partey,brought back Eleney,extended Auba,kept Ceballos,brought in Willian,loaned Ødegaard,signed bums like Cedric and Mari,the list goes on.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It is his team. Chose Leno over Martinez,extended Holding and Luiz,bought Gabriel and Partey,brought back Eleney,extended Auba,kept Ceballos,brought in Willian,loaned Ødegaard,signed bums like Cedric and Mari,the list goes on.

Thats right being forced to sign certain players and keep certain players because no teams have money and we couldn't spend more than we did (due to the owners) means he has his own team.

The most stupid logic I've seen. But sure, Cedric was right at the top of Arteta's list as a starting right back.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
But @American_Gooner told me he's a championship level GK, interesting isn't it? We sold our homegrown Arsenal raised on the verge of world class keeper for some German mercenary who doesn't even want to be here.

How can you be on the verge of being a world class keeper after playing no more than 20 ****ing games? Please enlighten me.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I really don't know. Feels like this is some kind of cruel joke.

How does that performance review go?
Especially since the moves we made last summer seem pretty obviously designed to get into the CL places. You don't sign Partey, Willian and extend Auba if it's a rebuilding year. Now that we can't even get CL via Europa that's all the bases covered for an instant dismissal. Still can't believe he's still here.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
AFTV does not care about Arsenal. At all. They have been caught on a hot mic admiting they were in absolute elation that the team had lost.
They have grown way past the scale where they need disastrous results now to make big money. Its not just fan cams anymore they have diversified to a wide range of shows/ content. Where is this source of admission? I think the only think close to what u said was when Lee gunner said something about getting more super chats during the Europa League final on a hot mic. He is not a core member of AFTV or have any input to how it operates: u can see how he runs his channel now is quite different to AFTV. And as mentioned earlier, a lot of them have been trusting the process until more recently.

Last edited:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
"so many things to do".

"There are so many things to do because we already have so many players on loan,"

"Contracts we still have to sort.

"It depends a lot as to what will happen with those players and what we are able to recruit to improve the team. It will determine where we are."

blaming players again today... looking to get the loan boys back :facepalm:

why are they out on loan again?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom