• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

GunnerShy

Going to be an interesting off season.

If we win the last 2 games we will finish more or less where we did in Wenger's last season.

When I look back on the Wolves game and Burnley at home where moments of madness from players probably cost us 6 points, I'd have to say a 67 points season probably would have been a fair return for this squad. We are not a top 4 team at the moment, but nor should we be 7-10!

There's plenty of ifs and buts and all that really matters is that Arteta will start the season as Manager. If we are floundering at Xmas he could be gone. I don't want to see it, but if we are mid table it will be necessary.

I hope we manage to sell well, clear out the fringe players as well as those not interested, or trying to run down contracts.

If we turn over the squad and integrate players like Saliba, Azeez and new buys it's hard to imagine we will become a slick Arsenal team over night but 70+ points should be the target. And that usually puts you right amongst the right for top four.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Going to be an interesting off season.

If we win the last 2 games we will finish more or less where we did in Wenger's last season.

When I look back on the Wolves game and Burnley at home where moments of madness from players probably cost us 6 points, I'd have to say a 67 points season probably would have been a fair return for this squad. We are not a top 4 team at the moment, but nor should we be 7-10!

There's plenty of ifs and buts and all that really matters is that Arteta will start the season as Manager. If we are floundering at Xmas he could be gone. I don't want to see it, but if we are mid table it will be necessary.

I hope we manage to sell well, clear out the fringe players as well as those not interested, or trying to run down contracts.

If we turn over the squad and integrate players like Saliba, Azeez and new buys it's hard to imagine we will become a slick Arsenal team over night but 70+ points should be the target. And that usually puts you right amongst the right for top four.

Yepppp.

There's lots of IF's, but if Auba gets back on form like we know he can, Partey stays fit, Tierney stays fit and we make the correct signings we'll easily hit 70+ points.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Genuine question for hard core Arteta outers, if he does well next season, what will your stance be? How will you twist things?

Praise him? What more do you want? If he gets the clubs doing well I don't care.

Doesn't erase the fact that if he got sacked after the Emery semi finals it would've been fair and likely the right thing to do. We going on 12 months of horrible football and performances overall.

Either way I'm sure you and @14Henry are going to be quoting each other ad infinity about it, whatever happens though.

Last edited:

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

You have Wenger and Chapman at the top, of the list of our best ever managers...but after them, Graham is definitely next.

2 Leagues, our last European trophy, a cup double, developing legends like Adams, Rocastle etc...was just comparing George famed defensive style, to our gritty win last night.

Arteta isn't in Graham's league...

...yet ;)

You're not too far gone, Riou.

I refuse to let you be cut adrift & lost to the the supernatural force that is Arteta's ever growing cult of personality.

Mao & Stalin are rolling in their graves wishing they'd had a hold on the minds of their followers to such a degree :lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If Arteta proves that the post Christmas form isn't propped up by the run of seven games including that fluky Chelsea win then I'll probably go from hating him to simply not rating him. Doesn't change the disgusting EL and FA cup exits though and it doesn't erase the pre-christmas form. It also doesn't change the fact that he really should have been sacked twice by now if we're being honest.

To prove the post-christmas form is actually legit he has to win the rest of our games and start off next season strongly.

For me to actually rate him though...I'm not sure if that's possible. Maybe if we're in the top four come christmas or something.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
How do you work that out? We’re 8th. But the teams ahead of us and behind us have games in hand. If we finish 8th we’ll do well. That’s the same place Mikel finished last season. Mid table-ish.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Genuine question for hard core Arteta outers, if he does well next season, what will your stance be? How will you twist things?
I'd be delighted if he turned it around next season, as long as Arsenal are doing well at the end of the day. I've seen more than enough to think nothing will change but if it does I'll take my hat off to him.

This is the worst season I've witnessed from us, both with results and the performances we've seen on the pitch so he's got a massive amount of work to do. If fans are back the pressure will be on from the first game tenfold. He's more than lucky to still be in a job so it's up to him to make use of this chance.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Only twice? if our owner wasn't Stan he'd have been fired multiple times already the guy is a bum.
Lol nah realistically it's twice. The terrible run of form leading up to Chelsea, and then getting knocked out of the EL.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Trusted member civil war still going I see, Uncle Macho leading the 3rd faction.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Exactly, he's been saying this stuff all season, not just written but on video, in 4k UHD. One denial doesn't change what we've literally seen and heard.

Somebody has probably called him out on it.

You're funny. 🤣 🤣

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Praise him? What more do you want? If he gets the clubs doing well I don't care.

Doesn't erase the fact that if he got sacked after the Emery semi finals it would've been fair and likely the right thing to do. We going on 12 months of horrible football and performances overall.

Either way I'm sure you and @14Henry are going to be quoting each other ad infinity about it, whatever happens though.
If Arteta starts well which he has to do and has us consistently in the top 4 all season or 5th within touching distance, has us playing some decent football and generally creating a good buzz about the place I'll be all for him to stay.

I shouldn't really waste my time with HairFlairGirl.

He changes his own opinion every 5 minutes and can never admit he is wrong. If I didn't work part time I'd have to leave him alone and actually would be too busy to be on this.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
ot banned
You're funny. 🤣 🤣

giphy.gif

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

This was the one I posted yesterday, couldn't find it again though.

He said what he said I dunno why he pretending like he didn't after a jammy win smh.

Tbh and I say this as someone who wants Arteta out, I think I see potential for confusion.

So to quote the journalist:

"One of the criteria you judge yourself on is by getting the maximum from the players, do you feel that - that has happened this season, that the players have given their maximum".

Arteta said: "With the majority of them, yes".

I can see how Arteta thought that it was a question about his ability to get the most out of the players rather than the players not giving their all, if that makes sense.

But it's sorted of negated when Arteta said:

"Some of them can get to a certain level and you cannot push any further, you want to above that, it's not possible"

That part, Arteta really can't have any complaints about, because it's obvious there that he's saying that some players (whether it be their ability or potential or their capacity to give their maximum) cannot go past a certain level ie. no matter how hard he (Arteta) trains them they won't beyond a certain level.

It also implies that they won't get to a level that's good enough. Good enough for who? Well I'm not sure where he's going with that, but I'd say Nelson is definitely good enough to be better than Willian's standard this season :rolleyes:

Reactions: Kav
Top Bottom