• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It actually angers me how people like Makingtrax can write such bollocks now that we aren't in that situation anymore. Going to United and LOSING against a back for of Varela, Carrick, Blind and Rojo. And RASHFORD was playing just his second bloody game. And then we can redeem ourselves against Swansea at home and lose. I went to that game and it was disgusting.
Yeah, you're as mad as hell at Arsène's few loses in over 1200 games, but busting your your arse to find ways to praise a manager who scored fewer goals than in any season for 25 years. That's the sort of self deluded mind set that Trump had. :lol:

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
if he doesnt get the signings he wants, will he quit before the season starts? I dont want to here exercises next season.

We need a manager that can get the beat out of this team...not dreams for Galacticos.

Iceman10

Established Member
if he doesnt get the signings he wants, will he quit before the season starts? I dont want to here exercises next season.

We need a manager that can get the beat out of this team...not dreams for Galacticos.
Don't be silly. Last summer he started off talking about us needing to look at the investment and spend of Liverpool as to what was required, he didn't get it, but ended the transfer window saying how happy he was with the Kroenke's. There's a reason why he is the one in the job in the first place as opposed to a big name manager. Anyway, managers don't quit. They wait to be sacked to take their payoffs.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Don't be silly. Last summer he started off talking about us needing to look at the investment and spend of Liverpool as to what was required, he didn't get it, but ended the transfer window saying how happy he was with the Kroenke's. There's a reason why he is the one in the job in the first place as opposed to a big name manager. Anyway, managers don't quit. They wait to be sacked to take their payoffs.
Was being sarcastic I hate the fact we are going to bin away another season.

No matter who we get, I dont trust Arteta at all.

Iceman10

Established Member
Was being sarcastic I hate the fact we are going to bin away another season.

No matter who we get, I dont trust Arteta at all.
I was criticised in here for saying he was a yes man (and PR guy) and being stubborn as a manager with his resistance to playing Martinelli, etc. Apparently the two observations were incompatible and therefore showed I had an agenda. That was complete BS, and suspect in being agenda driven to try to shut me up, but both those observations seem more and more confirmed over time, and it is a bad recipe. A stubborn football manager with bad ideas failing to evolve and a person feeling he is good for Kroenke's and vice versa no matter what fans think, therefore protecting a status quo of mediocrity.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

All the talk suggests he will get the signings. Up to him to make that work. I think he gets given an initial sum for signings and then its a one in one out policy from there.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Selling Kante, Mahrez and Chilwell has helped Leciester maintain their structure of buying cheap, selling expensive and rejuvenating team. New players coming in to prove themselves.

It's exactly what we should be doing. Leciester never should win the league. And certainly shouldn't do it again anytime soon. But their whole model is world class and if they continue is this form should be a stable top 6-7 team over the next 5 years. Which for a club the size of Leicester is great.

Leciester very rarely sign players in their late 20s or early 30s. Maybe we should be doing the same.
yeah... thats not my point. their incel fans may then start to chant - top4 is not a trophy, FA cup isnt a real cup, why qualify for CL if we cant win it

GoonerJay24

The self sustaining model doesn’t work against competitors on steroids. Only United is capable of generating the type of profits you need to compete at the very top. Usmanov was never going to be a sugar daddy type owner anyway his proposal was to settle club debt to allow us to fully utilize club resources to compete. That would have made the difference 10 years ago or whenever it was Kroenke took over.
Man United haven't properly competed for nine seasons. A self sustaining model can allow for title challenges if the manager is talented. We had that here but he was wrongfully hounded out by thick fans. The best approach for Arsenal is stability, so long as we find a knowledgeable coach.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
What are the actual odds on him getting sacked once the season ends?
No chance which is why the Arteta Inners have made peace with it. He has to perform well to start next season as his seat is warming up.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Where will the goal posts be shifted to next if the clear out happens, new players come in and we still play poorly next season?

Will Arteta need two full seasons with "his team" before we're able to judge him? Will a new group of players be made into scapegoats?

Starts with E and ends with Du. "Arteta actually wanted different players".

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳

This, he is not getting the Manchester city squad so he has to adapt his approach with the squad he will have.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
All the talk suggests he will get the signings. Up to him to make that work. I think he gets given an initial sum for signings and then its a one in one out policy from there.
He will prob need 250 million from the kroenkes to get somewhere near the squad he wants. Lucky to get 60-80 million in the summer. I don't think he only needs new players but very high quality players (technically and physically excellent) that will cost more than what we get for players leaving

Vicki

"The board" lmao. Like anyone but the Kroenkes decides in the end.
You think Stan knows who David Luiz is?
You think they ( Edu and Vinai ) asked Josh?
The most he did was rubber-stamp a memo

One of the problems is that the Kroenke's have left the running of their British Franchise to Vinai and Edu. The imminent arrival of Garlick doesn't fill me with confidence either.

Vicki

smashed said:
One thing both Liverpool and Leicester had in common was that they both kept their first 11 injury free for the whole season, and that makes a huge difference.
Absolutely right. Only the very richest clubs that have strong benches can withstand injuries to their best players, which is one of the big reasons that squad cost counts. So few people seem to really understand football.

2015/16 Arsenal’s injuries were horrendous, how Arsène got us 2nd is just incredible. The gnashing of teeth that he missed a golden opportunity was laughable.
So few people really understand football. Too true!

So explain to me exactly how a very rich Club can win everything by having an expensive squad?
How many players do you need in the squad? Would there be conflicts if you had so many super-stars and only 11 starting places?
Do tactics play a part? If so, what percentage, down to 2 decimal points, please.

I can't wait to learn about 'football' today.

So many follow-up questions too...

Vicki

71 points is a tally worthy of 4th not 2nd. He didn't do incredible to come 2nd that year, he just did what he does every year no matter what squad he had. We lost 7 games that season and came 2nd ffs.

If you think that is incredible you need to get your head out of the clouds and actually take yourself back to that time. Because it was a complete flop of a season.
The problem is the hyperbole.
It wasn't a complete flop of a season, but it certainly felt like it, especially for a few days after the swansea game.
We did better than nearly all the other teams in the League that season.

Was it good enough?

Well, no, it ****ing wasn't!
Was it down to Wenger?

For sure! 100%*

*this might be an example of hyperbole, thrown in to confuse some on here**

**whether I believe it or not is neither here nor there

Top Bottom