• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
it's like watching ferrets fighting in a sack on here at the moment

please give up on the 'you said', 'I said', 'if only' stuff boys - it's boring as hell, and gets us nowhere

in August we start our first season wihout European football for many years, and as it has brought us nothing except extra cash, which has been used to buy us nothing but extra cash, I for one am looking forward to a league dedicated season, with less injuries, less dead wood, and a helluva lot more focus where it really matters

and owners and manager who have learnt some hard lessons and know they must do a great deal better

GDeep™

League is very weak
Weren’t you pining for Arteta who finished below Ryan Mason?

Does it make any sense in trying to score cheap points at the end of the season. The whole season sucked and we all got our predictions wrong due to the fiasco of a season we just had with your boy in charge.
Mason has only been in charge for 3 weeks, why you mentioning him? They had Jose Mourinho for 99% of the season.

Nobody is scoring cheap points, all season and all year i keep hearing how Carlo should’ve been hired, despite him clearly being totally washed up. Now he’s finished below Arteta in our worst season ever.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
You’re not being fully honest, you were justifying those signings not just posting Arteta quotes :lol:
I hate to go full Football Manager but I have to quote myself here:
they've really messed up at CB and CM in that time and it's had a knock on effect. If they'd gone Soyuncu instead of Sokratis for instance they wouldn't be scrambling around to sign Luiz and Mari.
Sorkatis was was fine, but adding David Luiz and Mari was overkill. If they'd signed a proper first-choice CB last summer that player could've partnered Saliba going into next season, with Mustafi/Holding as back-ups. Then Mustafi could've been replaced when his deal expires next summer. Instead, there's a logjam at CB and I'm not sure how they can fix it especially now that Mari is joining permanently.
Cedric I was only okay with IF he played regularly, but Arteta still played players out of position ahead of him so it was a waste of resources.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
99% of this forum wanted Carlo, a guy more washed up than Wenger. Clear sign AM is clueless.
Yeah, Carlo and Mourinho are not used to clubs spending as low as Sp**s and Everton. They would have flopped at Arsenal too.

Oh and Wenger was never washed up, he was ****ed up.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
End of season tears on AM. Lovely stuff.

Speaking of tears:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
All available funds should be spent on getting rid of the two clowns and finding a proper manager.
This. Our squad is decent enough right now, just get Willock, Saliba and Douzi back and spend what we have on somebody who can get the best out of them. We don’t need any more players, we’re awash.

Kav

Established Member
O
Mason has only been in charge for 3 weeks, why you mentioning him? They had Jose Mourinho for 99% of the season.

Nobody is scoring cheap points, all season and all year i keep hearing how Carlo should’ve been hired, despite him clearly being totally washed up. Now he’s finished below Arteta in our worst season ever.
Ok I get your point. Do you think Carlo would have done worse with this squad? I doubt it. I’m willing to bet he would have done much better.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Arteta finished above AM favourite Carlo Ancelottti.

Another L for AM.
I wasn't on the forums at the time, but I wanted Ancelotti tbh.

His time has gone, he doesn't tweeze his eyebrows or dress like an ASOS model, but he does better with this team I think.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
it's like watching ferrets fighting in a sack on here at the moment

please give up on the 'you said', 'I said', 'if only' stuff boys - it's boring as hell, and gets us nowhere

in August we start our first season wihout European football for many years, and as it has brought us nothing except extra cash, which has been used to buy us nothing but extra cash, I for one am looking forward to a league dedicated season, with less injuries, less dead wood, and a helluva lot more focus where it really matters

and owners and manager who have learnt some hard lessons and know they must do a great deal better
please abeg lets talk CL football not this "european football" stuff. Only top4 really matters. Enough

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
This. Our squad is decent enough right now, just get Willock, Saliba and Douzi back and spend what we have on somebody who can get the best out of them. We don’t need any more players, we’re awash.

We need a holding midfielder with pace to play next to Partey, and an attacking RWB. Another LB would be good as well.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
This thread
Arteta Critics: We're 9th, playing atrocious football and lost to Emery in the Europa league. It's Arteta's fault
Arteta fans: It's not Arteta's fault, he wants us to play well but we have bad players because Wenger
Arteta Critics: So it's Wenger's fault?
Arteta fans: Yes, he left a horrible team. 8th is the best a manager could do
Arteta Critics: Then why did Wenger never finish lower than 5th?
Arteta fans: OMG WENGER LOST 5-1 TO BAYERN OMG OMG BIG GAMES
Arteta Critics: Wtf, are you okay?
Arteta fans: BACK ARTETA! BEAUTIFUL FOOTBALL! PEP! APPRENTICE! RATED! FA CUP! WENGER SUCKS
Arteta Critics: Okay..... I'll get your meds
Probably because we suffered with mediocrity under Arsène for too long.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
When's the parade?
giphy.gif

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

We need a holding midfielder with pace to play next to Partey, and an attacking RWB. Another LB would be good as well.
Agree. We need that athleticism and that player has to have Xhaka’s passing ability but with more of a risk appetite. I don’t know if it’s Arteta or the fans but Xhaka doesn’t utilise his passing anymore. He’s lost his best asset and made himself easily replaceable.

I’m happy to put that on the back burner though because an good attacking RB makes a big difference to this team. If we have a legit double threat when the RB overlaps then it frees up space all over the pitch. We’re seeing it a little bit with Chambers, mainly with Pepe.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom