• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

myoldarsenal

Accurate analysis IMO.

I'd further say that Edu's interview would even suggest more leeway, with anything between 5th and 17th acceptable, and Arteta given exactly what he needs. That's how far I think they've dropped the bar for Mikel to hop over. It would take a clusterfuck of results, like four/five/six losses in a row to bring sacking back into the equation.

The signs were clear for all of us to see... Arteta had done next to nothing to get the 130 million backing he got this past summer, yet he got it. Arteta had no business staying at the club after the Europa League second leg, yet he stayed.

There is no process that's being backed, its just the ownership forcing the issue, until their boy figures something out.

Absolutely spot on.

There is no process, no 'plan'. Its just have a yes man in the dug out, who's simply grateful (and very lucky) to be managing a big club, back him and make excuses for him till he flukes his way to some proper plan. If by then the club has gone to sh1ts, who cares?

Our owners need to feck off the most. This sh1t heap runs downwards.

LG10

His turgid style of football ia unsustainable in the long run & will inevitably lead to us being mired in the lower half of the table for a good part of the season.
Look up juego de posicion; very sustainable style of play once it clicks with the players. Was impossible to implement properly with the likes of holding, Leno, bellerin. Once the ball playing defenders settle in this system we'll be fine.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The top 4 are all capable of winning the title & UCL.
We were top 4 for years but not close to the quality of the top 4 now.
Arsène did do well keeping us there.

However we should be around 6th now as we were under Arsène when he left.
You no longer have the 'benefit' of scraping 4th 25-30 points behind the champions when the top 4 was weaker as used to be the case.
That’s just a perception because we’ve got a sh!te manager. Those 4 have always outspent us. We get another Arsène Wenger and we’ll be in there again though.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The top 4 is simply too strong, united are the worst of that lot and they've got ronaldo/fernandes/pogba/Greenwood ffs. Our squad is insanely young, not sure what people are smoking saying top 4 is the bench mark. 5th/6th would be a good season, this team will only get better.

Not sure why Arteta gets a free pass and both AW/Emery were judged on finishing in the top 4.

Arteta’s dreadful decision making and management has got our fans settling for the scraps and wanting to feast off some farmers in Eastern Europe next season.

😭

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Look up juego de posicion; very sustainable style of play once it clicks with the players. Was impossible to implement properly with the likes of holding, Leno, bellerin. Once the ball playing defenders settle in this system we'll be fine.

I see that Twitter thread also got hold of you.

All good, but this isnt Man City mate. We cannot afford to be spending millions and millions and lose our revenue streams in the process, worse yet with zero to minimal progress on the field of play. Arteta will get time and money to get his Pep influenced positional play philosophy, but time is running out now.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not sure why Arteta gets a free pass and both AW/Emery were judged on finishing in the top 4.

Arteta’s dreadful decision making and management has got our fans settling for the scraps and wanting to feast off some farmers in Eastern Europe next season.

😭
Imagine if you’d have said on Arsenal Mania that top 4 was beyond our reach and we’re Leicester, Everton, West Ham, Sp**s level, when Wenger was here. You’d have been stalked, hung, drawn and quartered.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
This belief that giving him time to make it work as though time is the most important factor is what pisses me off. Yeah we’re a club in transition, but transition doesn’t mean it has to get worse before it gets better or it needs time for things to click into gear. Transition for us after Wenger left should’ve meant uncertainty over challenging for top 4 every season and being more of a top 5/6 team. With that being said we went from almost finishing top 4 with the squad Emery had to it needing to be ripped up.

I’m of the opinion that all of this has been engineered by Arteta to buy himself time. There was not much wrong with the squad he inherited from Emery. It needed some tweaks here and there but Arteta’s inability to get results in his first full season sent us down a path where everything was supposedly rubbish and needed binning. Now here we are, a squad full of inexperienced babies that need time to grow with the manager.

Get ****ed.

LG10

😭
He doesn’t, if we’re 8th again he’s gone. Team last year was a complete mess. We had no playmakers and over half the squad didn’t want to be here. Our record signing is as dumb as dishwater as well which didn’t help.

LG10

I see that Twitter thread also got hold of you.

All good, but this isnt Man City mate. We cannot afford to be spending millions and millions and lose our revenue streams in the process, worse yet with zero to minimal progress on the field of play. Arteta will get time and money to get his Pep influenced positional play philosophy, but time is running out now.
I think he deserves this season to prove his system works, if it fails miserably he should go.

I’ve seen good signs with the new players in the team.

TornadoTed

Established Member
But long contracts means nothing. ndombele handed in transfer request and no one came for him because he hasnt performed in 2 years. Partey has been interrupted by injuries, but is a legit world class player
That is my point, sites like Transfermarkt take into account things like age and contract length when they are working out their valuations, they don't take into account that no team would touch him with a barge pole and he's flopped massively.

In my opinion a lot of the values are way out of whack and I think the squad valuations are also pretty out of whack, I just don't see our squad being £160m+ worse than Sp**s.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I am currently Arteta out, but he has shown some positives.

- Better use of his bench, defensively.He has been pretty quick to bring on physicality at the right time to sure up the midfield.
- The reintroduction of AMN can only be seen as a positive. Been saying for years he is better than Elneny. Our floor has been raised.
- More adventurous in terms of team selection. I didn't see the 4 3 3 with double 8s coming.
- Not rushing players back from injury. Partey eased in and taken off early point to reflection.
- Say what you want about the signings. They are not insecure physically. Lokonga, Tavares, Tomiyasu, White, Ramsdale. They seem to be able to handle the physicality. Tomiyasu moving from Serie A and adapting instantly is a very good signing.
- Moving ESR to right 8 shows an awareness we need a right footer to balance it out.
- The speed at which he dropped Leno.

Now the main problem now is getting the attack going. I don't think he is the man to do it. I am not sure how he is going to get it to work. ESR and Saka seem to be the ones getting the opportunity to shoot with Pepe and Auba making the passes.

A reverse in those roles probably gets you more goals.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
That’s just a perception because we’ve got a sh!te manager. Those 4 have always outspent us. We get another Arsène Wenger and we’ll be in there again though

Its rather like telling Man U if they get another Fergie they will win the league. Should we tell Sp**s if they get another Poch they will be back in the Champions league final & top 4. Perhaps we tell Leicester if they get another Ranieri they win the league?

No question Wenger was an excellent manager.

Everyone can see that you are totally obsessed with him & refuse to move on. :)

IstraBalagina

Defenders? Our attack is not functioning, midfield is not functioning

IstraBalagina

He doesn’t, if we’re 8th again he’s gone. Team last year was a complete mess. We had no playmakers and over half the squad didn’t want to be here. Our record signing is as dumb as dishwater as well which didn’t help.
We can't wait till he finishes 8th again, 6th is the minimum for me this season.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If Arteta is going to win me over above all else we'll need to see us become better offensively and simply play better football, these are the things which we've consistently lacked throughout his time here. I keep seeing praise for our defensive structure, our buildup, our system, etc yet the same problems persist to this day. I'm not seeing any improvement in it at all. Our midfield and attack vs Burnley should've been capable of much more than they showed.

LG10

Defenders? Our attack is not functioning, midfield is not functioning
We can't wait till he finishes 8th again, 6th is the minimum for me this season.

Defenders and gk are crucial for the attack now. See goal vs city in the fa cup; everyone has to be good on the ball in this era. Saka is having a euros hangover, pepe makes the wrong decisions 98% of the time and will be gone soon. Auba started pre season early and his hold up play will get better; the goals will come soon. Also partey needs to stay fit.

No manager would get us in the top 4 this season, I’m not sure your expectations are realistic. Top 6 is a good goal and doable.

Top Bottom