• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It has to be Potter. Look at what he has done at Brighton. There is a style of football. He is flexible in terms of formation. I have seen him deploy a 343, 352, 4321, 442, 433. He is able to instill belief. How can his team go 2-0 down at Anfield and still have the guts to play? We go in our shells and get battered.

Arteta overcoaches. I remember that clip of the rondo when he first started and Lacazette asked if he could flick it around the corner. Arteta said no. Wtf is that? That chance we made in the 97th minute with a dummy isnt an Arteta pattern. They didn't rehearse that. They thought for themselves. Whenever I watch us play it's like the players are more concerned with positioning and patterns than actually playing. It makes our talent look worse than it is.

There is no unpredictability. Our patterns and exits are always the same. We exit down the sides, push our left back forward and then move Xhaka to cover the space, then we try a pull back to Ødegaard, who BTW would be much better if he was allowed all over the pitch to create overloads rather than just standing in the right half space. Everything is telegraphed, and if I can see it, you better be certain that every coach in the league with video analysis can see it. Every team knows how to press us because they know our passing patterns.

We don't beat any reasonable team. Southampton is going to be a real struggle.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
You feel everything could fall into place for Potter to join us in the summer, would be a very good move.

Read the title as "McKola at the wheel", was terrified for a second...of course Arsenal would manage to find the one person worse than Arteta for the job :lol:

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Keep seeing people mention Ten Haag and I have to ask. Why would he leave Ajax for Arsenal right now?

He won't leave right now, he's even said so himself. He thinks he can win more prizes with Ajax this year and is fully committed.

That being said, come May he's been there since January 2018 and it might be time for a step up.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

You feel everything could fall into place for Potter to join us in the summer, would be a very good move.

Read the title as "McKola at the wheel", was terrified for a second...of course Arsenal would manage to find the one person worse than Arteta for the job :lol:

It makes you wonder, what dif his ancestor do that merited changing his clan name after a carbonated beverage?

But at least he received sound legal advice in changing it to avoid copyright infringement 🤣

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

He won't leave right now, he's even said so himself. He thinks he can win more prizes with Ajax this year and is fully committed.

That being said, come May he's been there since January 2018 and it might be time for a step up.

Can we seriously say we're a step up from Ajax?

A club that has a storied European history & Champions League semi finalists as recent as 2 years ago?

We have nothing to offer aside from an improved salary & a "Project" that's no more exciting than any that are currently being touted.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member

A club that has a storied European history & Champions League semi finalists as recent as 2 years ago?

We have nothing to offer aside from an improved salary & a "Project" that's no more exciting than any that are currently being touted.

We'd lose in a competitive match vs. Ajax, they are in the CL too. We are not better than them.

But you have to imagine, he's playing a lot of **** teams in a **** competition most of the time. Stadiums in the Championship are bigger than the Eredivisie. He's done everything at Ajax that he possibly can since his arrival.

We are still a big club, based in London with a lot of possibilities. Ten Hag's salary is unknown, but media suggest it would be around Frank de Boer's salary, which was 1m euro's per year. That is nothing compared to what we offer cone boy.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

Our competition won't be with Ajax though. It will be the other big clubs that can offer more than us. United, Barca, Madrid, Juventus and Bayern might all be in the shopping list for a manager come the summer. I think our level is probably Graham Potter.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Think someone like Potter could do very well with this squad, even before adding to it.

Ramsdale, Gabriel, White, Tomi, Nuno, Tierney, Partey, Lokonga, Saka, ESR, Ødegaard, Martinelli...if he can get Brighton playing as well as they are with their average players, then he can certainly get that bunch close to Wengerball levels.

Only thing we really lack is a striker at his best and a manager who can really encourage the players to play with more bravery.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

We are a bigger draw than Ajax, purely based on the resources and facilities at the club.

The US for example arent in the best shape right now, in terms of providing quality of living, social programs, safety for their citizens, etc, currently falling short on these lists to countries like New Zealand, Nederland, Singapore, Denmark, etc. But the States as an institution with its potential cannot be matched anywhere in the world.

That's how I would describe Arsenal, a club capable of rising back to and consistently remaining at elite levels with little work. I promise you, the best managers will come to us if we are willing to exercise our true potential.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Its true, Arteta wont get sacked during the season IMO. Not unless the team completely have their wheels come off in the coming weeks, with us losing almost all our games this month. And that is also possible by the way.

As for next steps, I'd bring in a proven outsider to take over until season's end, and then go for Potter or Ten Hag. Potter just strikes me as a great fit, already proven in the league, plays good football and has an adaptable style, with positional football fundamentals, basically what Arteta is trying to do plus a working, dynamic attack. It would be like those mid air jet refueling processes, potential to almost get right back in it.

Ten Hag doesnt need any introduction of couse. He would possibly need some adaptation time but once he gets going you know we are onto something good. It would be unfortunate if we couldnt sign Overmars as well, because we would really be well set for a good number of years if they can replicate their working relationship with us.

Last edited:

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

We are a bigger draw than Ajax, purely based on the resources and facilities at the club.

The US for example arent in the best shape right now, in terms of providing quality of living, social programs, safety for their citizens, etc, currently falling short on these lists to countries like New Zealand, Nederland, Singapore, Denmark, etc. But the States as an institution with its potential cannot be matched anywhere in the world.

That's how I would describe Arsenal, a club capable of rising back to and consistently remaining at elite levels with little work. I promise you, the best managers will come to us if we are willing to exercise our true potential.

Well said.

I'm simply just a cynic who feels that the club's best days are behind it 😑

Taxi Driver

Its true, Arteta wont get sacked during the season IMO. Not unless the team completely have their wheels come off in the coming weeks, with us losing almost all our games this month. And that is also possible by the way.

As for next steps, I'd bring in a proven outsider to take over until season's end, and then go for Potter or Ten Hag. Potter just strikes me as a great fit, already proven in the league, plays good football and has an adaptable style, with positional football fundamentals, basically what Arteta is trying to do plus a working, dynamic attack. It would be like those mid air jet refueling processes, potential to almost get right back in it.

Ten Hag doesnt need any introduction of couse. He would possibly need some adaptation time but once he gets going you know we are onto something good. It would be unfortunate if we couldnt sign Overmars as well, because we would really be well set for a good number of years if they can replicate their working relationship with us.

United will be surely circling around Ten Hag, if they aren't already. There aren't many top coaches around anymore. If we want him, we need to talk with him now and provide assurances.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Ten Hag will probably go to Sp**s after Conte has enough and calls it quits.

They’ve had Mourinho, NES and Conte since Arteta been in charge of us. Eventually they’ll hit jackpot with one of these managers they’re hiring. Word to the law of averages.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Ten Hag will probably go to Sp**s after Conte has enough and calls it quits.

They’ve had Mourinho, NES and Conte since Arteta been in charge of us. Eventually they’ll hit jackpot with one of these managers they’re hiring. Word to the law of averages.
Ten Hag is moving this summer, no way Conte will leave after just 6 months

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Ten Hag is moving this summer, no way Conte will leave after just 6 months

The good thing with Conte is you never know what’ll happen.

Also, Sp**s sacked NES after four months in charge.

Top Bottom