• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Iceman10

Established Member
Not sure you're actually serious about the club tbh.
This just shows in addition to knowing little about football you are probably a troll. In my numerous comments here at A-M I have brought up our owners and executives, but somehow in a thread about Arteta we are only bothered about him because each thread has to cover everything else about the club also. smh. Trolling and strawmen. That's all you have now. Not a good defence of Arteta, if that is genuinely what you were attempting.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Again, making a broader point - sacking a manager (could be Bob the greengrocer for all I care) doesn't fix everything

We are at the state where beggers can't be choosers.............. we shouldn't be looking at fixing "everything", just small low lying fruits should be our immediate priority. That Arteta isn't up to scratch and will need to be replaced sooner or latter is something that should be undeniable by now, so why should we delay replacing our manager? So that we can sign more Parteys for Arteta to ruin?

ChefMan21

This just shows in addition to knowing little about football you are probably a troll. In my numerous comments here at A-M I have brought up our owners and executives, but somehow in a thread about Arteta we are only bothered about him because each thread has to cover everything else about the club also. smh. Trolling and strawmen. That's all you have now.
I'm not a troll. Again, making a broader point about the clubs direction, again, querying whether the principle of sacking a manager is going to achieve what we want to achieve, and again, it's okay for people to have a different opinion to you. That's why it's called a forum - a place for open discussion about things of interest.

ChefMan21

We are at the state where beggers can't be choosers.............. we shouldn't be looking at fixing "everything", just small low lying fruits should be our immediate priority. That Arteta isn't up to scratch and will need to be replaced sooner or latter is something that should be undeniable by now, so why should we delay replacing our manager? So that we can sign more Parteys for Arteta to ruin?
I don't have issue with sacking Arteta if he's not up to it, but we seem to be going down a pathway of sack hire fire without actually fundamentally changing anything in the club. What's changed in the last 5-6 years? Anything? I'd say yes, plenty, so much so that we started the long road to no European football, and we don't know if we've hit the bottom yet. So, going back to my broader point, let's not just look at sack hire fire, let's look at everything to answer that question of 'what's changed for us to reach this point?'. What have we got to lose in doing so? European football? Well that's gone. Our spot in the Premier League? Maybe, maybe not...

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Oh right, no substance. I'm actually stunned that an Arsenal fan doesn't want a root and branch review of how the hell Arsenal got into this position but instead goes straight to 'sack Arteta'. The ESL debacle alone is enough for that review; the years of decline and our current issues are just icing on the cake. Not sure you're actually serious about the club tbh.
We all know how we got in this place. Roman is a great owner. He made a mistake In hiring fat frank and sacked him. Kroenke being bad owner has nothing to do with Arteta being incompetent. He needs too go. He got a job he was never qualified for and proven he is not up to it.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Ridiculous to think sacking him wouldn’t improve us. Liverpool in 12/13 appointed Brendan Rodger and were challenging for the title within a season. Same again when they appointed Klopp. This squad isn’t too different from the squad Rodgers took over and almost won the league with. Not saying I expect us to challenge for the league next season but there is plenty for a new manager to work with and we are easily good enough to challenge for top 4.

Arteta is clueless his brand of football is awful the only reason why I would support keeping him ended with our exit from the EL. At this point I can see no reason to stick with him. He might be a good coach but he’s a poor manager.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Maybe i'm wrong but if he's not been sacked by now I feel like he's being given the summer. Like if that result was worthy of sacking in the eyes of the board, it would be a next day type thing, surely? You don't wait around, the rest of the season is meaningless, you just sack him, put a caretaker in etc.

So the fact he's still there makes me think he has the summer and next season, unfortunately.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
He gave a 4 year contract to Cedric 🤣 🤣 🤣

I dont know how much influence he had in that case to be fair. Seems like that was Edu and/or Raul being nice to their dear friend Kia. But i certainly hasnt heard that he didnt like that deal so i dont know.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I dont know how much influence he had in that case to be fair. Seems like that was Edu and/or Raul being nice to their dear friend Kia. But i certainly hasnt heard that he didnt like that deal so i dont know.

I just think it's funny to be talking about a ruthless overhaul when only last summer we brought a 29 year old RB on a 4 year deal and less than a year later he can't get a game behind Xhaka at LB and Bellerin at RB, who is visibly disintegrating in front of our eyes.

There's no point getting rid of previous bad deals...if you bring in more bad deals.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I don't have issue with sacking Arteta if he's not up to it, but we seem to be going down a pathway of sack hire fire without actually fundamentally changing anything in the club. What's changed in the last 5-6 years? Anything? I'd say yes, plenty, so much so that we started the long road to no European football, and we don't know if we've hit the bottom yet. So, going back to my broader point, let's not just look at sack hire fire, let's look at everything to answer that question of 'what's changed for us to reach this point?'. What have we got to lose in doing so? European football? Well that's gone. Our spot in the Premier League? Maybe, maybe not...

Instead of asking what's changed you should be asking what hasn't changed, and our refusal to be ruthless is the one thing that is holding us back. If we are serious about getting back to the top we need to start showing that we will hold underperformance accountable, starting with our manager.

Top Bottom