• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The board should back Arteta completely and give him a fair warchest, I know people will blame me in telling this. I still have faith in the process. but we need a complete overhaul upfront and in midfield and clear the deadwood because we have a lot. People expect we can finish 4th with this squad but our squad is top 7 at best. I think we should also give Martinelli a fair chance upfront next season because Auba and Laca will both be in their 30s.

We should move :

Willian
Chambers
Kolasinac
El Neny
Nketiah
Lacazette
Luiz

And we should try to get at least some players like below

Hakimi
A stand in left back
keep Guendouzi because he is better then El Neny.
try to keep Ødegaard if another CAM if anybody have other options. ESR can cover a lot of positions.

Next year we should try to have the below first eleven if we can get our targets.

Leno
Hakimi
Saliba
Gabriel
Tierney
Partey
Xhaka ( or maybe an upgrade dont know who tbf maybe Bissouma from Brighton?)
Ødegaard
Saka
Martinelli
Pepe/Auba

We definitely need better players, no doubt, but there is just too much evidence now that Arteta (and Edu) is too much of a rookie at this stage to have the chance to mold the squad. This is the most important window in the recent history of the squad, we can't botch it.

Arteta/Edu's handling of:

Saliba/Guendouzi situations
Cedric/Mari signings
Use of AMN/Willock
Willian
Inconsistent formations
Villareal debacle

is enough evidence now that they shouldn't be in the positions they are in.

Re the league position, I actually agree with you about the state of the squad. I think 7th is par for this lot on, with MC, MU, Chelsea, Liverpool, Sp**s, Leicester all have better players/squads on paper. But we will likely finish 9th/10th, with the lack of goals and home form abysmal. It can't be justified.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I already mentioned that our squad is full of deadwood who dont give a **** to wear the shirt of our club its toxic.

Every player he works with seems to get worse.

Partey was world class but within weeks here he looks lost. Gabriel started well but now doesn’t even start our big games.

MØ looked incredible when he signed but now looks anonymous, same with ESR and even Saka has been looking poor lately.

Auba carried this club for two plus years but now he’s been shifted to the left then central again, dropped and publicly criticised and he looks a shadow of himself this year.

The players might not be good enough for Top 4 but there’s another level to these players that Arteta has spectacularly failed to find.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I wouldn't let Edu/Arteta sign another player this summer barring a backup LB. Recall Guendouzi, AMN, Saliba and Willock and use them. Get rid of some of the higher earners who don't have long left on there deals and trim the squad down given that we have no Europe and tell him to work with that. If he wants a RB tell him to use one of the THREE he already has under contract.

I don't want them further ruining the squad with dross signings for the eventual new manager who will have to come in October/November time.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn't let Edu/Arteta sign another player this summer barring a backup LB. Recall Guendouzi, AMN, Saliba and Willock and use them. Get rid of some of the higher earners who don't have long left on there deals and trim the squad down given that we have no Europe and tell him to work with that. If he wants a RB tell him to use one of the THREE he already has under contract.

I don't want them further ruining the squad with dross signings for the eventual new manager who will have to come in October/November time.

I don’t trust Edu to turn down Kia when he offers some bum but even if we signed Neymar I can see Arteta micromanaging him on the sideline into 5 yard square passes.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

In fact don't even let them sign another LB. Kolasinac still has another year left, he can use him as backup. They'll only end up signing some 31 year old LB on a 3 year deal if given the chance.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
We're going in circles. I'm starting to despise myself for spending so much of my time on this club. I need to re-examine my choices.

Someone link me to a life coach ffs.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Stop giving Arteta and Edu more players/money :lol:

It’s not working FFS!

Exactly...need to give Arteta a proper coaching team.

What does Steve Round actually do, ffs!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This is a really good point and it only highlights even more how much a role AFCON has played this season. 5/6 of our first team players missing for 6 months of the season is huge.
And with the special edition AFCON next year that also includes players of African origin we’re going to lose Saka, Saliba, Laca, Xhaka, Saliba, Gabriel and co for another 3 months. Sigh.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

In fact don't even let them sign another LB. Kolasinac still has another year left, he can use him as backup. They'll only end up signing some 31 year old LB on a 3 year deal if given the chance.

Marcelo is finished and on his last legs. Could see that happening.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Every player he works with seems to get worse.

Partey was world class but within weeks here he looks lost. Gabriel started well but now doesn’t even start our big games.

MØ looked incredible when he signed but now looks anonymous, same with ESR and even Saka has been looking poor lately.

Auba carried this club for two plus years but now he’s been shifted to the left then central again, dropped and publicly criticised and he looks a shadow of himself this year.

The players might not be good enough for Top 4 but there’s another level to these players that Arteta has spectacularly failed to find.

I followed Arteta when he was at City also, and why a lot of players like Sterling,De Bruyne were raving about him making players better just an example. I agreed maybe the job was to big for Mikel to take. but you also need quality.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don’t trust Edu to turn down Kia when he offers some bum but even if we signed Neymar I can see Arteta micromanaging him on the sideline into 5 yard square passes.
He's literally improved nobody in his time here. I'd argue that with anyone. He had an Auba full of malaria chasing Salah and TAA all game against Liverpool from LB and people are blaming Auba for us being mid table with his 1 chance a game!

Jakarta

We're going in circles. I'm starting to despise myself for spending so much of my time on this club. I need to re-examine my choices.

Someone link me to a life coach ffs.

Easy.

Do what I’m about to do.

Log out.

Come back in October to find out if Arteta has been sacked.

I ain’t wasting no more time on a club which has no ambitions at all or owners that don’t care about the fans/club history. Does watching Arsenal make you happy? Which is a no for a majority of us, then let’s pursue things which make us happy....

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Out of interest, say we buy 4/5 top quality players this window but keep Arteta would people get excited or not?

Honestly I couldn’t get excited for next season no matter who we sign with this loser in charge.
Agenda and anger aside I think he’d ruin them but then we’d get to a point where we just have so much quality on the pitch that we we’d start to win games.

Fans would start to believe in him again but it would become clear against other top aides with similar quality that he’s still not that great as a manager.

I don’t know of any top manager out there who hasn’t had to prove themselves first with a lesser team. Only exception is Zidane (and flick?) but what he’s done is amazing.

Top Bottom