• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

goldengod

It was how crap our defence became after Kos-Per declined, while also the creative spark in our team has drastically reduced these past few years.
Yup, while I don't think Laca has been worth it, he isn't the reason why we aren't in the CL. Both Auba/Laca are good strikers who have some limitations. The problem is that when we had creativity for them they scored, but we had a terrible defense. Now we have a reasonable defense, but little creativity for them. They are both good enough to get us CL football, they just need a decent team assembled around them.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The player of season award is just a popularity contest, anyone who watched that season knows it should've been Auba but back then was Lacazette's peak popularity when people cared more about his trims and dancing. He performs the same now with everyone sh*tting on him instead for some reason.

Lacazette is a Europa league level player I reckon, he's not terrible but if he played for another team I wouldn't want him.

He does need the right player around him, tbf.

He looked terrible at the start of the season, but as soon as ESR came into the team, he looked a man reborn...he needs players to link up with him, haven't really had players like that until recently...he lacks any stand out physical traits, but he's a bit of an underrated footballer.

I remember when we first signed him, we played a 3-4-3 with Sanchez and Özil close to him and Ramsey making runs from deep...he looked quality back then, as there was proper movement and playmakers around him.

We do need a new striker very soon though, him and Auba are getting on now.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He does need the right player around him, tbf.

He looked terrible at the start of the season, but as soon as ESR came into the team, he looked a man reborn...he needs players to link up with him, haven't really had players like that until recently...he lacks any stand out physical traits, but he's a bit of an underrated footballer.

I remember when we first signed him, we played a 3-4-3 with Sanchez and Özil close to him and Ramsey making runs from deep...he looked quality back then, as there was proper movement and playmakers around him.

We do need a new striker very soon though, him and Auba are getting on now.
I feel like my issue with him has always been his lack of physicality, watching him run sometimes is like watching DT in that football match they had. But I think every forward is better with playmakers around him, even Alexis who would try dribble the whole opposition team was better with Özil and Monreal creating chances for him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

@Macho thinks Lacazette should be playing for Real or Bayern.
I think he could play for a team that floats in and out of CL, like Napoli or one of them La Liga teams. I think Athletico would have been the peak for him if he went, it's a shame he didn't go.

He's got the skills and ability but he doesn't have the physical traits to be at a Madrid. He wouldn't still be here if he was a bit stronger and faster in my opinion.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I think he could play for a team that floats in and out of CL, like Napoli or one of them La Liga teams. I think Athletico would have been the peak for him if he went, it's a shame he didn't go.

He's got the skills and ability but he doesn't have the physical traits to be at a Madrid. He wouldn't still be here if he was a bit stronger and faster in my opinion.
A proper manager like Simeone would get the best out of him, I feel like Lacazette is at his best as a rotational player. Anyway I'm ready to move on from the Era of Laca/Auba anyway it was never that good to begin with.

pikey2000

Farily sure ESR and Martinelli started the season injured or picked up injuries early doors which is why they didn't get into the squad until christmas/new year.

You can argue that injuries/suspension forced his hand to start ESR but you can't argue that he ditched them at the start, they just weren't available.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This does make me laugh.

Yet he won't stop talking about/praising Willian, while starting him almost got him fired and got us relegated...weird guy sometimes, is Arteta :lol:
Man is so invested in Willian, he's willing to sacrifice the better performing players.

:lol: He's always coy when speaking about our other players and our youngsters but his eyes lit up when when asked a question about Willian. Man throws out all kinds of superlatives to defend him :lol:

I can't wrap my head around it.

Reactions: Kav

Iceman10

Established Member
Farily sure ESR and Martinelli started the season injured or picked up injuries early doors which is why they didn't get into the squad until christmas/new year.

You can argue that injuries/suspension forced his hand to start ESR but you can't argue that he ditched them at the start, they just weren't available.
ESR was playing Europa group stage matches during Oct & Nov, so he was fit and available. Knew this to be the case but just double checked in trsnsfermarkt to make sure.

Edit: my mistake, the matches during Oct are redlined out, had a shoulder injury.

Last edited:

Vicki

Yet he won't stop talking about/praising Willian, while starting him almost got him fired and got us relegated...weird guy sometimes, is Arteta :lol:
Not really, weird, Arteta is just an...

mee8VAP.gif

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
There's probably some dodgy agent ish going on in the background where Arteta and Raul get paid every time Willain has an appearance.

Kia clause number 174... "Whenever Willian's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking, "where's Willian?"

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Let's see how the fans react at the Emirates next Sunday.

If their heckling causes his hair to start falling off in patches a la Marge Simpson forcing him to hightail it out of there, then they'll have done their job :lol:

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

We're 9th with one game left. And people are excited we might actually get 7th ffs if we win and other teams **** up.

Expectations of Arsenal fans under this guy are literally through the proverbial floor.

Seeing that he will be here next season (in spite of all evidence throughout this miserable season that pointed out how ill advised this appointment was), he might surprise you yet by reaching depths of mediocrity previously undreamed of.

He is, by his own admission, quite the creative person after all :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I would say top 6, tbh...and putting up a good fight for top 4.

No way should an Arsenal manager be expected to finish above City, United, Chelsea and Liverpool right now.
There was never a time when Arsenal should have been expected to have finished above those teams. And certainly not between 2004 to 2013 when our spend was in the bottom half of the table. 2013 to 2016 our spend moved up to 5th, so it at least was an aspiration then.

Neither our fans or pundits understood this. It's taken Arteta to arrive, for this reality check to sink in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom