• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Malky

Established Member
Disgraceful that this mug is still here.
8 games played and only 3 teams have scored less goals than us, and those 3 teams haven't had the luxury of spending half of the £200M+ that Arteta has had.
Before the next International break we have Villa, Leicester and Watford, if he doesn't win all 3 then the club seriously need to pull the trigger and call it a failure. Not accepting anything less than 9 points from the next 3, we're nearly in November and in the bottom half with a G/D of -5. Wenger and Emery would of had death threats if they were in charge, but this criminal is getting away with it.

So far our summer business looks terrible if we’re basing this on our priorities.

Ben White, Ødegaard and Lokonga all weren’t necessary signings. Add the fact that we signed a player that looks more comfortable at CB as opposed to RB. Heck even Tavares could be added to that list since we could have signed a starting LB to bench Tierney.

Our short term needs should have been placed right at the top of our priorities after finishing 8th. Have we really improved our starting eleven from last season after spending 100m+? Doesn’t look like it.
What was the need of ben white when we already had cleansheet merchant holding and another prospect. People saying this winndow was good business, doesnt know ****

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
“My philosophy will be clear,” he said. “I want the football to be expressive, entertaining. I cannot have a concept of football where everything is based on the opposition.

“What we have done in terms of performances compared to last year, the way the team is, the identity of the team, [the difference] is night and day. “But results wise it has not been [what we wanted] over 38 games. We have managed to things we haven't for five years, winning against the top teams. But we are not where we want to be. “In Europe we were very close, an inch, a post, dictates failure or success. That's what we have done.”

"I think we changed the energy at this club. I think we brought the team and the fans together, which wasn't an easy thing to do. And then, on the playing side, I think we are starting to see some signs of how I want the team to play, how I want it to behave, and the type of passion and commitment that the players have to show under me."

Arteta described Arsenal's identity - the fluidity in possession and potency in attack that were hallmarks of the sides he himself played in - as "lost" soon after taking the job. But he is adamant that bringing it back is fundamental to his vision for the club's future.

All his statements, what he wants to bring into this club and where he wants to go. It's not like we expected things getting better in some weeks or months, but he is now here for nearly 2 years.

In the first weeks there was a lot of passion on the pitch, but it got less with every week. At the end you can say, that it was just a typical "new manager bounce" after everything was on the bottom after the last months with Emery. Happens often in football.

The reality is, that we are playing the most boring and uninspired football in the league. We are just reacting in most of the games, we have no plan to score goals and once we face a better team, all our "defensive stability" is lost.

It's just sick, how much time we are waisting with him. Most of the clubs are changing the managers after maximum 3 years even after a succesfull time. While we already lost 2 years and the club still hopes, that the project from Arteta will finally start.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

“My philosophy will be clear,” he said. “I want the football to be expressive, entertaining. I cannot have a concept of football where everything is based on the opposition.

“What we have done in terms of performances compared to last year, the way the team is, the identity of the team, [the difference] is night and day. “But results wise it has not been [what we wanted] over 38 games. We have managed to things we haven't for five years, winning against the top teams. But we are not where we want to be. “In Europe we were very close, an inch, a post, dictates failure or success. That's what we have done.”

"I think we changed the energy at this club. I think we brought the team and the fans together, which wasn't an easy thing to do. And then, on the playing side, I think we are starting to see some signs of how I want the team to play, how I want it to behave, and the type of passion and commitment that the players have to show under me."

All his statements, what he wants to bring into this club and where he wants to go. It's not like we expected things getting better in some weeks or months, but he is now here for nearly 2 years.

In the first weeks there was a lot of passion on the pitch, but it got less with every week. At the end you can say, that it was just a typical "new manager bounce" after everything was on the bottom after the last months with Emery. Happens often in football.

The reality is, that we are playing the most boring and uninspired football in the league. We are just reacting in most of the games, we have no plan to score goals and once we face a better team, all our "defensive stability" is lost.

It's just sick, how much time we are waisting with him. Most of the clubs are changing the managers after maximum 3 years even after a succesfull time. While we already lost 2 years and the club still hopes, that the project from Arteta will finally start.
Arteta proved to me the importance of communication. He says all the right things. Even when we lose he is so polished and knows exactly what to say, the right emotions and the right quotes. And if you never seen his team play and listened to him it’s very hard not to be impressed. But 2 years now and no one here can tell us what Arteta teams look like and how they set up. Not what he believes. But what his team actually does on the pitch

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Imagine if we’d just kept Emi as a homegrown keeper as well.

That’s 80M you could slap on the table for Ndidi or Rice.

Not sure those 2 players would leave their clubs for current Arsenal, they would want their next moves to be to Champions League clubs.

Emi was a big error though, probably the turning point for Mikel.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Not sure those 2 players would leave their clubs for current Arsenal, they would want their next moves to be to Champions League clubs.

Emi was a big error though, probably the turning point for Mikel.

I mean ideally it would have been Bissouma but since his arrest that’s looking a massive bullet dodged.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

**** this ****.

Who cares if you win against an inept Ole or a clueless Lampard. What you're ultimately judged on is your league position.

What sort of nonsense does this guy keep spouting?

Who does he think he is?

He's so smug. I swear he was smirking when he said this.

**** you, you arsehole and **** off from this club.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I mean ideally it would have been Bissouma but since his arrest that’s looking a massive bullet dodged.

Yeah, phew on that one.

I remember looking that up, think I found out that Dunk have been involved in some shady behaviour as well.

Have to re think Brighton being my second fav team, need Danny to get out of there before they corrupt him too!

Alexs

At this point, by all known metrics, Arteta is garbage: league position, points per game, home wins, xG, actual goals scored, style of play, game management, tactical awareness and flexibility, development of players, man management.

What the hell is going on?

I think we are approaching a poor run just like last season starting in October and Arteta eventually gets the sack.
Vieira has been at Palace 2 months, had 14 players leave and showing more process than Arteta.
We have better players than Brighton, Norwich and Brentford and still can't attack and play terroristball.
Arteta was a mediocre player and a terrible manager, it's beyond stupid to have a faith with the guy who pretends to be our manager, he has 0 (zero) experience in management and doesn't seem to improve after nearly 2 years in club with 200m+ spent and press backing. Arteta needs to go now. This fiasco has to stop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom