Mikel Arteta: Mikspected Goals

What does Mikel need to do to keep his job in your opinion?

• Total voters

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Very happy in Marseille, Mattéo Guendouzi wants to last at OM. Its purchase option of about €11m will be lifted automatically at the end of the season. He will then be linked to the club until 2025.

Have to give massive credit to Sampaoli and his management skills for the way he's managed him. He's now a guaranteed starter and considered a leader at the biggest club in France after only a few months with them and getting called up to the French national side. At that price it's a real coup too. It's the sign of a great manager to be able to manage difficult personalities and set aside your ego. Fair play Jorge!

Ash10

Softer than Granit 🤩

Very happy in Marseille, Mattéo Guendouzi wants to last at OM. Its purchase option of about €11m will be lifted automatically at the end of the season. He will then be linked to the club until 2025.
I mean why would he want to come back here when the manager chose an oil tanker over him

Blood on the Tracks

Established Member
Trusted ✔️
He will not be coming back, regardless.

Rightly so in my opinion. Probably the best thing Arteta has done with the squad is banish the malcontents and trouble makers.

Hearing ESR talk after the Villa match and it was apparent from the things he said that the squad was in a really positive mindset and pulling together as a unit.

IstraBalagina

Have to give massive credit to Sampaoli and his management skills for the way he's managed him. He's now a guaranteed starter and considered a leader at the biggest club in France after only a few months with them and getting called up to the French national side. At that price it's a real coup too. It's the sign of a great manager to be able to manage difficult personalities and set aside your ego. Fair play Jorge!
They're still a rubbish team and Guendouzi is an average footballer

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ✔️
Would cost a lot more than €11m to buy Guendouzi right now, they've really fleeced us on that one. Longoria is a highly rated DoF that they've got.

Still a shame it didn't work out here for him, to much of a personality for Arteta to handle I think, but he's done really well out of it being back in the national squad already. Good luck to him.

Makingtrax

Planes, Trains & Social Media Rants
They're 4th, only a point off 2nd and average footballers don't get made captain and called up to their nation, especially a nation which has such a wide range of talent to choose from.

But don't allow me to disrupt your coping mechanism.
To make him captain at that 22, they must rate him as a future leader rather than a problem to be solved, like Arteta made him out to be.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes
To make him captain at that 22, they must rate him as a future leader rather than a problem to be solved, like Arteta made him out to be.

Weird how two managers can view the same player completely differently. But also Deschamps calls him up and Emery was a massive fan and had him as a starter toward the end of his reign but Arteta just didn't see it with him and froze him out completely. Who knows who was right?

IstraBalagina

They're 4th, only a point off 2nd and average footballers don't get made captain and called up to their nation, especially a nation which has such a wide range of talent to choose from.

But don't allow me to disrupt your coping mechanism.
Lol. You like his hair I guess.
Ligue 1 is not a good indication anyway, I've seen his performances here at Arsenal, very average.

IstraBalagina

Why would I answer someone just accusing me of chatting rubbish and saying I only like a player because of his hair? I'm not really one to do things on the terms of other people so just for that I won't answer until you answer mine.
Fair enough, he was amazing at Arsenal. Just unbelievable, wow so good.

Blood on the Tracks

Established Member
Trusted ✔️
I quite rate Guendouzi as a talent. But he's one of those players that's got better in Arsenal fans eyes the further he's got away from the club.

I've nothing against players having ego's or thinking they're the bee's knees.....Just achieve something first to make your self belief / arrogance warranted.

More Saka/ ESR type personalities in our youngsters and less Guendouzi types and maybe we'll get somewhere as a squad.

hydrofluoric acid

Many Men Wish Death Upon Me
Arteta is not like Wenger when dealing with players. Maybe he would surrender some of his robotic values if Guendouzi was actually a good player but he is not. For Arteta to survive he cant have some teenage behavior in players behind his back. You got to respect Arteta to do what one has to do to survive in this climate for managers.

Latest posts