• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Because Guardiola should treated as an anomaly. Let it be known. If any other firm hired someone with little to no managerial experience it would be seen as a gross act of nepotism. The board of directors would not allow such a thing to happen.
Zidane then?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Did I?

Doesn’t sound like something I’d say way back then but I do surprise myself sometimes. I’ll take credit for it, thank you.

Try anything this bloke!! Never known PR like it!!

Yes yes when you have 5 M salary being a football manager and without contributing anything to human kind moving forward as species and being less important to the earth and your peers than people who clean the floors(they are actually important with fully respect) you will try anything to keep being at that job.

Kav

Established Member
Isn’t the current debate just a microcosm of every other debate I have seen on AM. Us vs Them. Left vs Right, where is the nuances in discussion?

Stats are not the be all or end all and the eye test is great and should always be trusted. However statistics can help shed some light on aspects of play. It’s not hard to see how utilizing both perspectives is the best way to analyze things.

As for our attack. Arteta is a coach in the mood of Sam Allerdyce and Sean Dyche and Tony Pulis. Very defensive and his primary objective in every game is to not lose first. As opposed to others who want to win. It’s not bad it’s just not good enough for Arsenal.

We can and should be doing better in our attacking play and anyone who disagrees don’t know or understand football.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I don’t think it does Utd any good of having SAF hoovering around as a influence. Honour with a stand, statue and this titty type thingies and then cut chords

If we get Europe league, I would give Tetty another season

Malky

Established Member
FEqTFw7XEAMfR_2

Hmmmmm isn’t that relegation stats?

🤔
Surely if things aren't improving the club need to consider replacing him, those stats are horrific. I don't care if we're currently 5th, with stats like that its not sustainable.
£200M+ spent, his own players brought in and this is the level of **** we're being given? Why's it acceptable for Arteta but if Wenger had us playing this way, not expecation to get top4 - despite £200M spent, and in return he's giving us stats that resemble what you'll see at Watford he'd get dogs abuse from all angles - fans, media, etc.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Don't want Wenger dragged into this mess, the club dug the hole for themselves the minute they sacked him. It's been a massive clusterfuck ever since.

I agree to some extent, but we were kinda on a clusterfuckian route before as well

I agree to some extent, but we were kinda on a clusterfuckian route before as well

Which has since, of course, grown massively

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
This whole thing is tedious anyway.

The reality is we just got a pummeling off Liverpool yet we're sat in 5th, which is around where most hoped we'd be at the seasons start. Go back and look at the predictions we made and 5th is the better end of where a lot of us predicted us to be, though obviously it's not near the seasons end yet.

These underlying stats and data etc are fine but until our onfield results replicate that data, there's no real debate to be had.

You can't sack a manager who's actually doing fairly well results wise and league position wise just because not 100% reliable predictive data indicates it's not going to last.

The league table is the only measurement that matters. It will define if we get back into the CL or not, how much money we'll make etc.

Predictive data has to match hard reality such as results or league positions before we start the Arteta out stuff again.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

@Makingtrax bro just join us. It's just gonna be a matter of when not if 😁
It’s not going to happen. It would break his heart to just be a figure head and watch boring football with mid table finishes. And if they gave him a meaningful position with some control it would just give the fans another chance to crucify him.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
If I were Wenger, I’m eating caviar and banging super models in the South of France. Let the man enjoy his retirement. He’s far too intelligent and sophisticated to be a figurehead. If he ever steps into this club people will find a way to abuse him for something. Remember some fans genuinely believed Wenger was selling our players to line up money in his own pocket. Leave him be.

Mraven

It’s not going to happen. It would break his heart to just be a figure head and watch boring football with mid table finishes.
He should be used to that after the 17/18 season

Wouldn’t wenger have to resign his fifa position to get a role at the club?

Top Bottom