• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Pop Tart

Established Member
Why do Arteta fans always say that this year is transition year, this year is the year he needs to prove himself qualified to lead Arsenal, and he has failed.
The transition year was when Emery took over. It is not acceptable. Losing to Burnley, the villa tonking etc

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Lampard struggled once they made big signings last summer and Chelsea took action, look at them now. Let's not forget though that in Chelsea's "transition year" last season he played the kids and got them into the top 4. After having Mount on loan with him at Derby he put him straight into his Chelsea side and look at Mount now, what a player.

Contrast that with our so called "transition year" and well, we've all seen what's happened.

teamsoutheast

I also thought it would be rough after Wenger and said so on here when Wenger was leaving. But I also expected the club to carry forward on top of the foundations Wenger built, especially around playing style, etc. and improve over a few seasons with those aspects underpinning some new ideas.

Instead we've had three years of absolutely dire football, poor decisions on personnel both on the field and off, and a complete betrayal of everything that came before.

I think Arteta's style/philosophy is attacking, our midfield are just not good enough to execute cos we can't keep posession for sustained periods, especially against the big teams. We have too many holding/deep lying midfielders in our squad and pretty much only Ceballos who can operate in the transitional phase of play. Willock, although very good in the box to box role, isn't a good enough passer of the ball to play a high number of games in our midfield yet.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I think Arteta's style/philosophy is attacking, our midfield are just not good enough to execute cos we can't keep posession for sustained periods, especially against the big teams. We have too many holding/deep lying midfielders in our squad and pretty much only Ceballos who can operate in the transitional phase of play. Willock, although very good in the box to box role, isn't a good enough passer of the ball to play a high number of games in our midfield yet.
So if you don't have bread why do you keep trying to make a sandwich? Surely you adapt to what you do have?

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
I actually liked Emery and thought he just needed more time and it was primarily the language barrier that hindered him. I would have given Emery 3 years and then see where we are after that. But fans were too impatient and wanted immediate success. Fans even downplayed the 22 game unbeated run at the time and said we were too defensive and didn't create enough, when in reality, we were never going to control games in midfield with Torreira and Xhaka. I think the board always wanted Arteta but Emery's interview was just way too impressive for them to turn him down and some agreement must have been made with Arteta that they'll come back for him if things didn't work out with Emery (and they did). Where do you get the 300m that Arteta spent from? Don't be making up BS please.
Explain why Arteta should get more time when he’s going backwards from what was achieved last season. He’s had more time to instil his ideas and bring in new players. So why is he achieving less than last season?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Don’t think our friendship can handle me tearing into another talented player while you defend them cos they decided to come to this graveyard.
Yeah honestly, it’s getting bad. I’m fighting people I never saw myself fighting with. 🤣

You and I are opposites. You’re unforgiving whereas I tend to give players a lot of chances. I feel for a lot of these players and IMO the average fan doesn’t realise the connection between a teams performance and a players perceived ability.

This time 1.5 years ago something like half of the team of the year were Liverpool players, but look at them now. Guys like Trent and Mane have gone from being considered the best in Europe to being bums now. Besides the absolute elite most players are only as good as the setup they play in.

I’ve kind of made it a personal mission to defend players who haven’t been given a go under a good manager, especially when our fans were burying 90% of the squad to defend Arteta. Under Wenger if an attacker struggled then you knew they just weren’t good, under Arteta we have a golden boot winner struggling to hit ten league goals.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Does any one remember the nonsense about him saying smith rowe and saka and just young talent cannot play two game in 5 days after our fa cup exit? Now he plays them into the ground .

Such a bell end

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Does any one remember the nonsense about him saying smith rowe and saka and just young talent cannot play two game in 5 days after our fa cup exit? Now he plays them into the ground .

Such a bell end

Remember when he said he wanted to win the CL in 3 years but he's been closer to the Championship than the group stage of CL?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Some people in hindsight said, Arteta winning the FA Cup was a bad thing to happen for the club, as it gave Mikel more time/power etc.

But on the day, everyone was delighted on AM that we beat Chelsea.
Why are you stating the obvious?😂

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Why are you stating the obvious?😂

Was trying to defend people like you from the allegations being thrown your way, that you weren't happy when we won the Cup last year.

Believe me, will be the last time I do that!

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Yeah honestly, it’s getting bad. I’m fighting people I never saw myself fighting with. 🤣

You and I are opposites. You’re unforgiving whereas I tend to give players a lot of chances. I feel for a lot of these players and IMO the average fan doesn’t realise the connection between a teams performance and a players perceived ability.

This time 1.5 years ago something like half of the team of the year were Liverpool players, but look at them now. Guys like Trent and Mane have gone from being considered the best in Europe to being bums now. Besides the absolute elite most players are only as good as the setup they play in.

I’ve kind of made it a personal mission to defend players who haven’t been given a go under a good manager, especially when our fans were burying 90% of the squad to defend Arteta. Under Wenger if an attacker struggled then you knew they just weren’t good, under Arteta we have a golden boot winner struggling to hit ten league goals.
Exactly, hard to judge players without seeing them play under a competent manager.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I understand the people who say that it’s not fair to launch personal attacks at Arteta, it’s not really my cup of tea for the most part but people are well entitled to let loose if they want.

Where was this sympathy, when he was being ruthless, throwing players under the bus, convincing guys to stay in a euro year just to bench them, picking his favourites etc? Saliba literally asked him for the opportunity to prove himself and he shipped him out on loan.

Tactics aside, from the evidence available, he doesn’t seem to be a nice person. He deserves all the smoke imo.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
So we're not good enough to finish 6th?

I swear it's like Manberg has infected AM with some type of viral program.

Are you dense? We finished 8th and are about to finish below that. What makes you think we're good enough for 6th? If our entire squad stays healthy for 38 games then you could possibly argue that we're good enough for 6th but this is Arsenal and you should know better by now.

This place needs to bring the Lobby back, ffs.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Was trying to defend people like you from the allegations being thrown your way, that you weren't happy when we won the Cup last year.

Believe me, will be the last time I do that!
Who’s accused me of that?!😡

Top Bottom