• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

In a few months he'll be sacked, I suspect he knows this too.

His Athletic PR machine can't save him.

The fans are back!!!
Who's to say the fans don't hate Arteta as much as the internet does?

Watching the receptions for Lacazette and Xhaka for example has made me wonder this.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Think the only thing that can keep us close to the top is some crazy individual form from ESR, Saka, and Pepe. ESR already looks hot so far in preseason. If any of them will have a meh season, it's fair to say we'll end up mid table again, 8-10th place

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I wonder if he's gonna go with that high line he did in the friendly vs Chelsea. It looked awful but I think it can work if given more time and training but I don't trust Arteta, we need a CDM to play like that as well and I don't see Xhaka or Partey to be that guy.

Kav

Established Member
People keep forgetting that this is Arsenal. We are always a few injuries away from a crisis. I can see us getting a few notable ones.

That said his best bet is to use 3 at the back with wing backs to cover and also attack. Basically means we are playing with 5 defenders. Such a far cry from the attacking football we have come to expect from Arsenal over the last 20 years or so.

BigPoppaPump

People keep forgetting that this is Arsenal. We are always a few injuries away from a crisis. I can see us getting a few notable ones.

That said his best bet is to use 3 at the back with wing backs to cover and also attack. Basically means we are playing with 5 defenders. Such a far cry from the attacking football we have come to expect from Arsenal over the last 20 years or so.
The best football we've played over the years has been 5 atb, if we're being honest we have the perfect personnel for it too. Keeps Auba and Pepe from having to play too wide, Xhaka/Partey would be a great midfield 2 they work well together, Tierney and Chambers would make great wing backs and we can play all our CBs so they cover each others decencies. Arteta won't do it cos he only copies what Pep does.

Reactions: Kav

Kav

Established Member
The problem with such a system is that we don’t have the midfielders to control a game against similar level or better teams. Which is where we lack the ability to pass through teams and end up doing that stupid U shape passing trying to shift players out of position but it rarely works against good teams. So we end up looking like idiots.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The best football we've played over the years has been 5 atb, if we're being honest we have the perfect personnel for it too. Keeps Auba and Pepe from having to play too wide, Xhaka/Partey would be a great midfield 2 they work well together, Tierney and Chambers would make great wing backs and we can play all our CBs so they cover each others decencies. Arteta won't do it cos he only copies what Pep does.
This, but it's probably worth saying Tavares kid looks better on the ball than Tierney, so I wouldn't mind watching Tierney as an LCB instead of Mari. He is quick and a great defender, think he would enjoy it.
Not so sure where Saka fits there, maybe as a right wing back instead of Chambers

BigPoppaPump

The problem with such a system is that we don’t have the midfielders to control a game against similar level or better teams. Which is where we lack the ability to pass through teams and end up doing that stupid U shape passing trying to shift players out of position but it rarely works against good teams. So we end up looking like idiots.
You don't have to control games with 5atb just hit teams on the counter, just look at Chelsea vs City CL final. C

BigPoppaPump

This, but it's probably worth saying Tavares kid looks better on the ball than Tierney, so I wouldn't mind watching Tierney as an LCB instead of Mari. He is quick and a great defender, think he would enjoy it.
Not so sure where Saka fits there, maybe as a right wing back instead of Chambers
I'm basically copying Chelsea's tactics so Saka for Mount, Pepe for Havertz and Auba for Werner. It's annoying cos both Saka and Pepe are left footed but you can make it work.

800px-Manchester_City_vs_Chelsea_2021-05-29.svg.png

Kav

Established Member
You don't have to control games with 5atb just hit teams on the counter, just look at Chelsea vs City CL final. C
True but Arteta doesn’t want to counter. He wants possession which doesn’t work for us because we progress the ball too slowly to create chances and give our attackers good positions to attack from.

BigPoppaPump

True but Arteta doesn’t want to counter. He wants possession which doesn’t work for us because we progress the ball too slowly to create chances and give our attackers good positions to attack from.
That's what annoyed me about Arsène's time here, he would always try get us to control games even against way better teams which would lead us to getting blitzed on counters. I remember that one game where we beat Man City at the Etihad playing defensively and I was annoyed we couldn't do that all the time.

Kav

Established Member

honestly Saka should always be higher up the pitch. Just make sure they give Pepe opportunities to shoot as well. It will be difficult because ESR will probably need minutes as well. Auba should be up too but his game is limited.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
In a few months he'll be sacked, I suspect he knows this too.

His Athletic PR machine can't save him.

The fans are back!!!
If we go on another run like the November-December form last year, the fans won't find it funny :lol:

Remember what did to Wenger in his last season when they stopped coming to games? :lol:

Just imagine what they'll do to Arteta

Last edited:

Why

Always Me ?
I swear watching the game yesterday, the fans started chanting "Red Army" and I was convinced it sounded like "Diaby." Would rather have him back here than Elneny.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I wonder if he's gonna go with that high line he did in the friendly vs Chelsea. It looked awful but I think it can work if given more time and training but I don't trust Arteta, we need a CDM to play like that as well and I don't see Xhaka or Partey to be that guy.

Not with Elneny Xhaka. Or Holding Mari.

Doesn't help that we have XI men behind the ball and no preparation to hit people on the break.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not with Elneny Xhaka. Or Holding Mari.

Doesn't help that we have XI men behind the ball and no preparation to hit people on the break.
The XI men behind the ball is what winds me up more than anything, that and the slow transition that’s meant to be a counter attack. Might as well leave someone upfront and play the big Sam long ball.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom