• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
The XI men behind the ball is what winds me up more than anything, that and the slow transition that’s meant to be a counter attack. Might as well leave someone upfront and play the big Sam long ball.

tbf, against Chelsea we didn't have 11 behind the ball. There were times we hardly had any. We kept being caught out 1 v 1. :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
tbf, against Chelsea we didn't have 11 behind the ball. There were times we hardly had any. We kept being caught out 1 v 1. :lol:
We had family round and I missed it. Only watched the highlights on YouTube. Was thinking more of last season.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Controversial opinion but we’re about 3-4 years away from truly competing for top 4. I think the dream of us getting top 4 this year is a joke. We are so far behind City, United, Chelsea and Liverpool. The scousers have an aging squad but Klopp is one of the best managers in building a squad on a budget. The plan was never getting top 4. At our very best we could hope for 6th.

I think Arteta if after his personal glory than the betterment of this club. Giving Xhaka and Bellerin new contracts, Auba contract, Elneny coming back, probably a new contract for Lacazette, offering contracts to Mustafi and Nketiah, Willian contract. How the hell are expected to rebuild a squad with the same players that have let him and other managers down? It makes zero sense. He’s way too delusional and believes in his own hype and clearly wants to fast track everything.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Controversial opinion but we’re about 3-4 years away from truly competing for top 4. I think the dream of us getting top 4 this year is a joke. We are so far behind City, United, Chelsea and Liverpool. The scousers have an aging squad but Klopp is one of the best managers in building a squad on a budget. The plan was never getting top 4. At our very best we could hope for 6th.

I think Arteta if after his personal glory than the betterment of this club. Giving Xhaka and Bellerin new contracts, Auba contract, Elneny coming back, probably a new contract for Lacazette, offering contracts to Mustafi and Nketiah, Willian contract. How the hell are expected to rebuild a squad with the same players that have let him and other managers down? It makes zero sense. He’s way too delusional and believes in his own hype and clearly wants to fast track everything.
Dont think its controversial, if we dont quickly turn around our transfer business it will be longer.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Really hit home today, after seeing this...

230215889-1487323914954617-1462517460345262835-n.jpg

...the European Community Shield, in my home city.

And all we had to do to play in it, was for Arteta to not go all "big brain Pep" in the semi v Villarreal...devastated...

Last edited:

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Saw some discussion on 3atb formation. I think it would be good for us too though with saka at lwb for most games (Non top 6)

White-Gabriel/Holding-Tierney
Chambers-partey-xhaka-Saka
Pepe-ESR
Auba

Vs top 6 probably another cb in and Tierney at lwb and saka instead of esr or pepe

White, holding, Tierney (as lcb) all generally look good in a 3.

If by chance we even get Lautaro it will be perfect. He could also play instead of esr/pepe and make it a 3412 like how he plays with Inter though auba offers different things compared to lukaku

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

One thing that I must admit is quite irritating is that in most of not all Arsenal tweets lately Arteta is referred to as “the boss”. What kind of silly PR stunt/labeling is this? Just comes across as juvenile to me to be honest. Who likes that stuff?

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
One thing that I must admit is quite irritating is that in most of not all Arsenal tweets lately Arteta is referred to as “the boss”. What kind of silly PR stunt/labeling is this? Just comes across as juvenile to me to be honest. Who likes that stuff?
It's always been that way for every club. I remember Arsenal twitter account stopped using that for a period when Emery was in charge 😭 :lol:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Saw some discussion on 3atb formation. I think it would be good for us too though with saka at lwb for most games (Non top 6)

White-Gabriel/Holding-Tierney
Chambers-partey-xhaka-Saka
Pepe-ESR
Auba

Vs top 6 probably another cb in and Tierney at lwb and saka instead of esr or pepe

White, holding, Tierney (as lcb) all generally look good in a 3.

If by chance we even get Lautaro it will be perfect. He could also play instead of esr/pepe and make it a 3412 like how he plays with Inter though auba offers different things compared to lukaku
I think this is the way to go. Even if you don't play Auba.

Pepe---Martinez----ESR

That is a front 3 that can run beyond and angle of the 3 can drop into the 10 and offer something.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Bellerin hasn't been given a new deal, nothing reliable on that. If we were operating in a normal transfer market then things would be very different. We are being forced to keep certain guys due to other teams not offering the desired amounts for them.

You're stretching saying it will be another 3-4 years without top 4. That's ridiculous.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Not just football clubs but brands in general trying to be funny and relatable on twitter is cringe.

Agree, though sometimes they are funny.

When Arsenal sent that gif of Özil drinking tea, to that journalist who said no Arsenal players would get in the Sp**s team, after we battered them...that was pretty good.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
I think this is the way to go. Even if you don't play Auba.

Pepe---Martinez----ESR

That is a front 3 that can run beyond and angle of the 3 can drop into the 10 and offer something.
Yep this is perfect but I had to include Auba coz he is basically undroppable whatever said and done (unless he comes late)

Vanpayslip

Last year he came out with the pathetic excuse that the squad issues were deep and that it was always going to take time.

Looking at the decisions being made he can no longer use that excuse. This is now very much his squad. I couldn’t care less if the player is from Wenger’s time, Emery’s time or his. He has had enough time and windows now and this season he needs to take responsibility for HIS players.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Last year he came out with the pathetic excuse that the squad issues were deep and that it was always going to take time.

Looking at the decisions being made he can no longer use that excuse. This is now very much his squad. I couldn’t care less if the player is from Wenger’s time, Emery’s time or his. He has had enough time and windows now and this season he needs to take responsibility for HIS players.
he used it against chelsea in a friendly....the idea that arteta will take accountability is laughable. He has taken every opportunity to downplay the team and remind us how far we are behind. Funny enough its never how far he is behind the other managers, just the players

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I was wondering what was so special about Arteta that we didn't keep Ljungberg as a manager? Both were/are rookies, but Ljungberg knew all of our young players very well and I would expect the transition would be done much better by Ljungberg than it was done by Arteta.

Not saying here he would get us to the CL, but many of our youngsters like Saliba, Nelson, Balogun, and Willock would have their place in this team with Ljungberg in charge. That was a transition we needed, not overloading the squad with Mari, Cedric, Willian and Elneny

Latest posts+

Top Bottom