• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

LG10

Counters and transitions, I’m talking about situations where the defence isn’t set. It’s easier to score in those situations but that isn’t our problem.

We did not need to do anything in the second half or couldn’t? Don’t lie to yourself. Yeah at 3-0 up you cruise, but you can’t tell me that second half went to plan for us.

Anyway the main reason I’m annoyed is that Mikel has earned himself another six months with this win but this win didn’t show any progress in the areas we needed to see progress and our board definitely isn’t smart enough to see that. Similar example is United regularly winning big games but their real issue is being able to dominate against smaller teams.
We were very comfortable 2nd half until the 75th or so; Sp**s we’re always gonna have a good spell. Rewatched the match and that spell looked even less relevant; we defended well.

Now that arteta has his players we’ll do much better against deep blocks. It’s one of his greatest strengths

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
That picture is alright I think. This team rough start to the season and is clearly trying to build as much positivity within the squad as possible now that things look to have turned around a bit.

Might seem a bit cringy but if the players like it then who cares

Remember how we laughed when Klopp rallied his players to celebrate a late draw vs WBA?

It's better to do this stuff and build a positive spirit IMO. Might go on a run of good results despite Tets.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Arteta is inevitable and he’s going nowhere, so that poll is irrelevant and done to death. Also, not very clear if it’s what we think will happen or what we want to happen.

A better poll would be are you a fan or a supporter straight yes or no. Plata O Plomo.

Love Narcos, going to thumbs up any post with references. 👍👍👍

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
We have a great run of 6 games coming up that are all winnable before we play Liverpool. Chance for the team to really build up some form. Brighton, Palace, Villa in the league then Leeds in the cup followed by Leicester and Watford. Would expect 12-15 points from that run plus getting past Leeds. Could really turn the season around and best of all Swiss Ch@rlie Adam won’t be available.

Fabregasm

We have a great run of 6 games coming up that are all winnable before we play Liverpool. Chance for the team to really build up some form. Brighton, Palace, Villa in the league then Leeds in the cup followed by Leicester and Watford. Would expect 12-15 points from that run plus getting past Leeds. Could really turn the season around and best of all Swiss Ch@rlie Adam won’t be available.

Looks like you are fully onboard the "process" now :thumbsup:

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Imo none of those games will be easy except maybe Leeds and Watford. As for CP, i can see Viera going all in against us :lol:

Kav

Established Member
I am not afraid to give respect where it is due. Arteta got almost everything right today and he should get credit for the team selections (except for Xhaka, I thought it was too early to play him).

I will reserve any comment about the GK situation as I don’t know what the thinking is. Everything else was spot on today. Well done Arteta!

Keplaz

Counters and transitions, I’m talking about situations where the defence isn’t set. It’s easier to score in those situations but that isn’t our problem.

We did not need to do anything in the second half or couldn’t? Don’t lie to yourself. Yeah at 3-0 up you cruise, but you can’t tell me that second half went to plan for us.

Anyway the main reason I’m annoyed is that Mikel has earned himself another six months with this win but this win didn’t show any progress in the areas we needed to see progress and our board definitely isn’t smart enough to see that. Similar example is United regularly winning big games but their real issue is being able to dominate against smaller teams.
I don't know if saying we didn't show any progress in the areas we need to, is completely correct . We've been steadily getting better.

We've scored three goals and you can see shoots of cohesion. Teams are built over time. It's not plug and play like FIFA. And there's a lot of pieces which need to gel.

The second half wasn't great but does that mean we can ignore the first? That endurance to play at a high level for a whole 90, comes gradually. But you have to start somewhere.

If we regress again or struggle then question the manager but to not even enjoy a NLD win because you want Arteta to fail is disgraceful.

I can see progress and I can see there's a plan. And the goals were well executed. Arsenal were the protagonists in the first half and faded in the second.

It may lead to more improvements. It may be a false dawn. But let it play out. Then we can see if the manager needs to go or not.

blrgooner

Established Member
For me the real challenge is now. I have never been completely "Arteta out" till now but what has frustrated me the most in his tenure is that we have been very inconsistent. We have highs like yesterday and then fail to maintain the intensity and get a big enough run of wins going.
We were on a big high last season after beating Man Utd and then went through a slump starting with that awful performance against Villa. After beating Chelsea and WBA I think we were very poor against Crystal Palace. There were many such examples. Next week will reveal more about Mikel and this squad IMO.

GLITCH

We got three points so far from pointless but why have we struggled against the likes of Norwich and Burnley but trashed Sp**s?

We did well to exploit a poor performance but I need to see stuff like that against good teams.
Form goes out' the window in a NLD. If performances drop after this, then we can say it was game-raising for the occasion. A false dawn.

Pyres7

For me the real challenge is now. I have never been completely "Arteta out" till now but what has frustrated me the most in his tenure is that we have been very inconsistent. We have highs like yesterday and then fail to maintain the intensity and get a big enough run of wins going.
We were on a big high last season after beating Man Utd and then went through a slump starting with that awful performance against Villa. After beating Chelsea and WBA I think we were very poor against Crystal Palace. There were many such examples. Next week will reveal more about Mikel and this squad IMO.
There have been a few false dawns before. We played some of the best football I've seen under Arteta in the 3-1 win against Chelsea and the home win against Sp**s last season, but we couldn't maintain the same level against the other teams. The pressing stopped, and the U shaped passing maps and cross spamming came back.

Lets see if it's different this time. If he can consistently draw out the level we saw in the first half he'll win his doubters over.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
"I really believe in the long term Arteta could be the next Arsène Wenger. He is quite young, and I truly believe, given time, he will prove people wrong."

...Gael Clichy
:lol: Well he'll have to do a lot better than one good half of football in 6 games. He's 10th with a goal difference of -5. Lets not get carried away with superlatives.

Top Bottom