• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Malky

Established Member
Didn't think it was possible for me to dislike our own manager as much, but here we are.
With Wenger i was disgusted with how he was treated, not just by the fans but also by the club, the man literally gave everything into trying to make this club the best in the world.
Emery I genuinly felt sorry for towards the end, he was endlessly mocked for his English (by fans, media and players) a language he didn't speak a word of when he took the job, but within months was giving interviews because he wanted to connect with the fans. He also recieved no backing from the board and wasn't signed any players that he identified himself and asked for. Yet he still got us within touching distance of the Champions League and winning a Europa league trophy.
Both considered no longer good enough to reach the targets the club wanted.

It kinda speaks volumes that Arteta claimed he'd need his own set of players to play his incredible style of football he had lined up, and the irony is, we've gave him the players he asked for and we're worse than we've ever been.
" Can see the light " "Trust the process" blah blah, cringe comments for the ****ing media darling that any club would have sacked months ago. Yet we rewarded him with a summer spending spree.
He's basically on sack watch until the international break next month, drop points in any of the next 3 games (starting friday) and he should be sacked immediately, it's beyond ridiculous at this stage.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

FCKUGxsWQBQ4-iR

**** me we're pathetic. Sums up how cowardly Arteta is.
What does PPDA mean?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Doesn’t surprise me though, coaching a press in modern day football is where a manager earns most of his money. It’s quite difficult to do and when done correctly it creates the kind of dominance we see from Liverpool and City.

A good press doesn’t really rely on player quality either, it just happens that Liverpool and City then have the quality to punish teams once they’ve won it back in dangerous positions. Give us Potter and we’d be challenging for top four I think, the players we have are perfect for winning the ball high up the pitch and attacking before the defence is set.

Haphazard

Didn't think it was possible for me to dislike our own manager as much, but here we are.
With Wenger i was disgusted with how he was treated, not just by the fans but also by the club, the man literally gave everything into trying to make this club the best in the world.
Emery I genuinly felt sorry for towards the end, he was endlessly mocked for his English (by fans, media and players) a language he didn't speak a word of when he took the job, but within months was giving interviews because he wanted to connect with the fans. He also recieved no backing from the board and wasn't signed any players that he identified himself and asked for. Yet he still got us within touching distance of the Champions League and winning a Europa league trophy.

It kinda speaks volumes that Arteta claimed he'd need his own set of players to play his incredible style of football he had lined up, and the irony is, we've gave him the players he asked for and we're worse than we've ever been.
" Can see the light " "Trust the process" blah blah, cringe comments for the ****ing media darling that any club would have sacked months ago. Yet we rewarded him with a summer spending spree.
He's basically on sack watch until the international break next month, drop points in any of the next 3 games (starting friday) and he should be sacked immediately, it's beyond ridiculous at this stage.
I could never hate or dislike Wenger but I knew his time was up given that we were slipping up performances wise.

Emery was also not suitable but his talent ID and the fact that he got us into touching distance of CL qualification was good even though we messed up the final and the run in for CL qualification.

I genuinely don't understand the backing for Arteta, there are no metrics that show we are improving, the football is horrendous, we've invested heavily in a team that we don't know are any good. The club is running North Korea style PR for him. His fans say that we can only judge him after he has all his players, now that he does if we drop points then it's down to a young team?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Passes per defensive action
Interesting that Liverpool are better at playing out from the back than City according to that, not sure many would agree with that. So we’re average at playing out from the back but really really bad at pressing.

What’s worrying there is Arteta clearly tried to make us a pressing team and simply failed, that’s so much worse than pressing just not being his style.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Refuse to believe that Edu isn’t sent some kind of monthly statistics pack. Mikel can’t have too much longer, surely.

Yeah, but then you get the stats from our training and the bleep tests are off the chart!

Progress!

In all seriousness, you can cook stats, say that we do great in training and press really well, etc.

It's just not *clicking*.

Reminds me when Arsène told us some of the players were playing blinders during training and we laughed. One of those players was Fabianski and he ended up having a great career.

The club must see it that way, but unfortunately Arteta cant (rather, won't) be able to unlock that transition from training to actual games.

vantoure

One bad match doesn’t define a player though. If you watched hmm last seasons you would have seen his quality through out the premier league games. Which is why he was able to leave a relegated team for a team like Napoli on loan.
No, I admit I don't know him TBH. Didn't even know he was in the PL before, what team?

I was just shocked by how bad he was in that match. Funny, I first came across him on Fifa 19 a few weeks ago and thought he had an interesting name - the way the commentators were pronouncing it. So when I watched the Napoli-Leicester match, I wanted to pay attention to him

Reactions: Kav

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I mentioned Anguissa last season along with Loftus cheek as cheap options in midfield for us and people on here laughed but both of those would be improvements on Sambi and Elneny or whoever we have in midfield right now.

The club messed up spending that money on white and 🐏dale. We needed to improve our central midfield. If they went out and spent that 80M on a world class midfielder we would be in much better shape.

Keep guendouzi and spend the sambi money on a good RB and we would have been better off.

Loftus-Cheek had a remontada this year tbf.

Playing big minutes for Chelsea the last few weeks.

vantoure

You know what's interesting, this guy had the arsenal heirarchy lead by Vinai conduct his employment interview in his own house :lol: . Talk about being a don :lol:

He's only going to leave this job on his own terms when he's truly satisfied. Accept it guys, that's just the way it is :lol:

scytheavatar

Established Member
We have the worst press success rate in the league. How can you be Pep’s assistant for 3 years and come away not being able to coach a decent press?

Why would he be able to? Arteta is not Pep and no 2 manager sees pressing the same way. Every team presses the ball in a different way, some are more aggressive than others.

Malky

Established Member
Refuse to believe that Edu isn’t sent some kind of monthly statistics pack. Mikel can’t have too much longer, surely.
Can only hope, but we thought that towards the end of last season and the club rewarded him by letting him go on the biggest spending spree in Europe.
Personally think Edu is just as useless as Arteta.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Give me Ten Hag... With the time Arteta had in this club we would be playing beautiful football while playing youngsters and developing them. Look at Nelson, Martinelli, Balogun, Nketiah, Willock, Saliba, etc. None developing under him. Some of them had to leave to start growing as players.

Top Bottom