• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I quite rate Guendouzi as a talent. But he's one of those players that's got better in Arsenal fans eyes the further he's got away from the club.

I've nothing against players having ego's or thinking they're the bee's knees.....Just achieve something first to make your self belief / arrogance warranted.

More Saka/ ESR type personalities in our youngsters and less Guendouzi types and maybe we'll get somewhere as a squad.

Arteta is not like Wenger when dealing with players. Maybe he would surrender some of his robotic values if Guendouzi was actually a good player but he is not. For Arteta to survive he cant have some teenage behavior in players behind his back. You got to respect Arteta to do what one has to do to survive in this climate for managers.

AmsterdamGunner

I quite rate Guendouzi as a talent. But he's one of those players that's got better in Arsenal fans eyes the further he's got away from the club.

I've nothing against players having ego's or thinking they're the bee's knees.....Just achieve something first to make your self belief / arrogance warranted.

More Saka/ ESR type personalities in our youngsters and less Guendouzi types and maybe we'll get somewhere as a squad.
I tend to agree. I wasn’t a big fan of Guendouzi at Arsenal but he did well after leaving the club so I can understand people changing their minds. I also like the Saka/ESR type more but we shouldn’t have only nice, kind and technical players, we need some tough mean guys, like we had in the old days in Vieira, Parlour and others.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I log in and see some criminal posting in different threads today but I’m not sure whether they’re serious or trolling. The level in here is going down quicker than your girl right now.

:facepalm:

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Rightly so in my opinion. Probably the best thing Arteta has done with the squad is banish the malcontents and trouble makers.

Hearing ESR talk after the Villa match and it was apparent from the things he said that the squad was in a really positive mindset and pulling together as a unit.
I go back and forth on this to be honest - it is hard to see Matteo doing so well for another team, but there was obviously something wrong with the dressing room as well before. Maybe a different manager at Arsenal would have handled it better but it's hard to be sure

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I just think Guendouzi is a very convenient stick to beat Arteta with tbh, most of our players were or would be quite dominant in Ligue 1.

Guendouzi got a fair shot for his age during his time at Arsenal, I liked him but I am ok with him moving on and showing his quality elsewhere.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

I go back and forth on this to be honest - it is hard to see Matteo doing so well for another team, but there was obviously something wrong with the dressing room as well before. Maybe a different manager at Arsenal would have handled it better but it's hard to be sure

I think maybe if there was a bit of a stronger dressing room environment and manager when Guendouzi arrived, maybe that would have reigned him in a little.

Then again, he's had problems wherever he's been and whoever the manager was so maybe not.

I hope he matures and kicks on with his career because he is a talent, I just don't think it's worth Arteta taking the risk on him here.
There's too much water under the bridge with Guendouzi and Arsenal I feel.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
on if the first 45 minutes are a blueprint of how he wants his team to play…
Yes, very close to it. What I liked the most was the way the team reacted from Monday evening - how we finished the game and how they were in the dressing room, accepting that it wasn’t good enough, that we played to a really good level in some parts but at a level that was not acceptable in others. We are the youngest team in the league, but that’s not an excuse. We cannot change the age. We cannot find excuses - we have to find out why those things happen in the game, find the right solutions and then put them right and believe that they can play at that level, because they can.
He makes excuses and then proceed to say he's not making any excuses.

:facepalm:

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Whether or not you like the guy, if you're an Arsenal fan right now who still wants us to lose games so he can get sacked you should either let that go or fvck off. We're only 3 points off to 4 as it stands.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
As I said before ... I don't get excited with one win. I want to see that or better attacking every match. We play one good match and then 3 superbly bad and boring football. That's the main problem.

Another thing worries me is Ødegaard. He is clearly not as good creating as Özil was. What is the point having him if he lose everything against a team like Villa, so open and exposed. We were excellent until Laca playing as 10/SS got tired and Ødegaard got subbed in. He did nothing. Yes Özil was not the best defending but he was excellent attacking.

Rattata

As I said before ... I don't get excited with one win. I want to see that or better attacking every match. We play one good match and then 3 superbly bad and boring football. That's the main problem.

Another thing worries me is Ødegaard. He is clearly not as good creating as Özil was. What is the point having him if he lose everything against a team like Villa, so open and exposed. We were excellent until Laca playing as 10/SS got tired and Ødegaard got subbed in. He did nothing. Yes Özil was not the best defending but he was excellent attacking.
Ode was excellent against Sp**s. He's still young and I think the issue is him playing to many games for Norway.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Weird how two managers can view the same player completely differently. But also Deschamps calls him up and Emery was a massive fan and had him as a starter toward the end of his reign but Arteta just didn't see it with him and froze him out completely. Who knows who was right?
Arteta also played him almost every match before the Brighton one. It was never a question of his ability. Arteta just couldn't discipline him properly.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
One good performance and seeing the 2.15-0.59 xG from Palace (despite knowing the truth of the dreadful performance) and I'm finding myself wavering in my anti Arteta resolution from Monday.

I'm a little putita for Arteta, can't help it 😂

Vanpayslip

He’s going down the same route as Ole. Ex player but no ability to control the situation however will pull a rabbit out of the every so often. Except the ability to stun people will eventually diminish. I can’t help but think he’s on borrowed time.

Reactions: Kav

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

I think Arteta should have been sacked already but I 100% think he's a better manager than Ole. Not even close.

How longs Ole been a manager now? Must be pushing a decade and he's crap. He's a school sports team level tactician 😁

Even though Arteta has struggled at times you can see there's something there, the Arsenal job may have just come too early for him. Plus he's actually won a trophy of note, at least.

Ole's winged it at United on fan sentimentality and a nice guy persona.

Top Bottom