• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

Newcastle is sh*t but this was a good performance.

Liked Mikel's comments about how we were poor once going 2-0 ahead and need to be better in those situations...we had spaces to score at least 1 or 2 more but we were really sloppy once we went 2-0 up.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I will praise Arteta for not dropping Lokonga and Tavares after their horror show against Liverpool. No surprise those two were our best players (along with Saka) today. That is intelligent man management and helps further integrate them into the first team.
100% Exactly.
I thought he was brave/stupid to play Tavares against Liverpool.
However I was pleased he showed faith in them both today & it was rewarded. It gets the Liverpool performance of their backs👍
I was also really pleased for Saks who has not been at his best lately but this performance should give him a boost

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
We troubled Dubravka only 1-2 times before the first goal. This is a common theme under Arteta as we dont really do much when we dont have the lead.
Does blowing Sp**s, Villa & Leicester out of the water in the 1st half not count then?
Loads of teams struggle to beat low blocks. .

Imho Teams are far more coached & tactically aware nowadays

I 1st started really noticing this under late years Arsène.

Despite all the wonderful football he gave us:love:.

People often forget in later years we also had games like today where we would seem rather ponderous in possession & struggle to break teams down in the 1st half.

Arsène would often be trying to get his players to speed up the tempo while also maintaining a certain patience in possession (Not an easy thing btw)

Sometimes however it took a moment of brilliance from a top player, say someone like say Alexis or Özil to get us going.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Why do you have an issue with that interview? I mean besides not liking Arteta one bit. What he said wasn't anything almost everyone here would subscribe to. We were too slow in the 1st half and improved in the second. Plus he said some nice things about Wenger. Not sure what your problem with that is.

The stuff about Wenger is getting a bit ridiculous.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Does blowing Sp**s, Villa & Leicester out of the water in the 1st half not count then?
Loads of teams struggle to beat low blocks. .

Imho Teams are far more coached & tactically aware nowadays

I 1st started really noticing this under late years Arsène.

Despite all the wonderful football he gave us:love:.

People often forget in later years we also had games like today where we would seem rather ponderous in possession & struggle to break teams down in the 1st half.

Arsène would often be trying to get his players to speed up the tempo while also maintaining a certain patience in possession (Not an easy thing btw)

Sometimes however it took a moment of brilliance from a top player, say someone like say Alexis or Özil to get us going.

Everything is more difficult today, thats one of the common excuses for Arteta. Sick of that nonsense. Do you expect us to be convincing against Manure on thursday?

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
He really seems to want Arsène back at the club :lol:

Quite nice to hear him publicly say so, tbh...someone like Arsène could really overshadow Arteta, if he was back at the club...glad he seems comfortable with the thought with Wenger being here, shows Mikel backs himself too...would be great to have him back here, not enough football people like him at the club right now.
He needs his help to improve our attack

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Would be nice to have Wenger involved with the club again in some form.

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2021/11/27/arsenal-Arsène-wenger-mikel-arteta/amp/

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Arteta deserves credit for keeping Nuno and Sambi in there after the Liverpool mauling, many were calling for Nuno especially to be dropped (Sambi there wasn't much alternatives in fairness) and basically punished for the Liverpool display. At least Arteta acknowledged that'd be far better to show faith in Nuno by keeping him in there and not just showing a knee jerk reaction by putting Tierney back in straight away. Especially as a young player you need this type of backing and faith being shown by the boss, too many on here waffle about protecting players but the best way for young players to improve is by playing even after dips in performances.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Nothing wrong with him wanting Arsène back but in what role tho?

Pretty sure Arsène isn’t a fan of this technical director role, StatsDNA etc. It’s going to be interesting to see what role they give him.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Everything is more difficult today, thats one of the common excuses for Arteta. Sick of that nonsense. Do you expect us to be convincing against Manure on thursday?
I honestly think it is more difficult, thats why we have not finished in the top 4 now for 5 seasons under 3 different managers.
' I am sorry you are not able to have a reasonable discussion on the matter & are 'sick of that nonsense'
Perhaps the real issue however is that you simply dont want to accept it?

Failing that i can only conclude that you are not particularly bright.

Now back on point.

Do i expect us to be convincing against Man U?

Not really, They have a way better squad than us & have spent shedloads more money.
Perhaps If we were not getting them away at O/T 1st league game post Ole when they will be desperate to put on a performance & get a result.

However it is a game of football, who knows?

As said the squads of last seasons top 4 are way better

I have always maintained improvement & top 6 is my expectation for this season.

That means competing with the likes of Sp**s & Leicester ( So far we have beaten them both & so seem to be doing that).

Anything else imho would be a bonus

Top Bottom