• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
White, Tommi, and Ramsdale were huge decisions that have paid off despite massive criticism. I'm sure if they were bagged up in the summer, there are posters on here that wouldn't have coughed up £20m on those three if it were their money. All of them have come in and hit the ground running. I've not seen our defence renovated to that effect and in that space of time since Wenger phased out Dixon, Adams, Bould and Winterburn, and even that was done in stages. That deserves credit.
It was a giant problem year after year, Gabriel is the best CB we have bought since the Gallas, Toure days. Plus we got not one but two good LBs as well. It is one thing buying young players. It is another thing buying 6 young players and playing them and incorporating all of them successfully.

And on the issues with attack he has made some mistakes namely Willian and Xhaka, but I don’t think anyone thought Auba would fall off as badly as he had last two seasons.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

White hasnt been fantastic. Not sure Holding would do worse than him defensively. Tomiyasu hasnt been fantastic either. Chill.

Farzad Stoned

Our players have done well, especially Ramsdale, but we’ve been battered in big games and given away many chances in most games.
Fair point, but we are getting more reliable in beating the teams we ought to that in itself with defensive foundation is something you can build on. No question we need to create more and do better against the big teams

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
If I remember correctly, at the end of his time here, Unai's teams were conceding an ungodly number of shots on goal every game. It was embarrassing how bad we were. I'm not sure how you can say with a straight face that Arteta has not improved us defensively.
This poster makes a lot of statements that fly directly in the face of the facts. Whatever suits the agenda, facts are secondary.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Yeah great acquisitions, they all replaced the players your boys Raul and Kia signed, even Tierney and Pepe have beeb dropped.
Tierney is our LB, Saliba will be the future and Pepe will be here for years. Raul has left a legacy.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Tierney is our LB, Saliba will be the future and Pepe will be here for years. Raul has left a legacy.
Also it's funny how people can't understand what they read. For example if I have said that Mari might be a good try in our situation (I have never said I know anything about Mari), to get a squad player in a position in need when we don't have much money or pull, people think I wanted Mari rather than for example Varane (or even White).

It's just ridiculous here. Then people go on about these things like they're facts, when in fact they're lying or other similar things.

And White is someone I wanted, but that's totally different money and situation.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Of course the defense has improved. It was always bound to happen anyway given the absolute fortune Arteta has spent on it.
The fortune he spent was ridiculed here, on how it was spent. How foolish those guys look currently.

Most of that money was spent on the future potential, and you just have to give respect how Arteta has got that money working straight away.

Farzad Stoned

The fortune he spent was ridiculed here, on how it was spent. How foolish those guys look currently.

Most of that money was spent on the future potential, and you just have to give respect how Arteta has got that money working straight away.
The key is the guys they bought in last year or two are all contributing and playing. Buying players is one thing incorporating a bunch of young guys with no PL experience other than white and Ramsdale, and having them contribute is another.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

I'm not knocking him on the money spent.

Your boy Farzad is just getting triggered. Look closely at my post, I did admit the defense has improved due to the money spent. I don't get why he's attacking me.

If anything, I was actually giving him credit. Fazard is having a mare as usual :lol:

Last edited:

Farzad Stoned

I'm not knocking him on the money spent.

Your boy Farzad is just getting triggered. Look closely at my post, o did admit the defense has improved due to the money spent. I don't get why he's attacking me.

If anything, I was actually giving him credit. Fazard is having a mare as usual :lol:
I didn’t attack you other than saying so what money has been spent? Who wins consistently without money, in no way did I attack you.

Haphazard

The defence has not improved much, Ramsdale's form in goal and us facing generally poor opposition has inflated our sense of how good the defence is.

The true litmus test is facing that top sides away from home and we saw what happened with Liverpool.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Thats obvious.
How about replying to the point I made instead? You are a weak poster, aren't you? An endless stream of one line posts full of stupid statements and views. Just have a reasonable discussion with posters you don't agree with. Cannot be that hard, can it?

Let's try again. Is your gripe with Kroenke that the money spent didn't come out of is personal checking account? Because the company and club, of which he and his family own 100%, is spending money right now.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Think the combo of Arteta being quite good at setting up a team defensively, plus the fact that we have a lot of individual match winners in our squad now... quietly confident that we win get Champions League qualification now, regardless of what you think of Mikel as a manager.

We are still not ready for the Big Three...but the likes of Saka, ESR, Ramsdale, Partey, Gabriel etc...can all beat the rest the league.

Even our players that aren't playing very well at the minute, Auba and Ødegaard, you still feel can go up a level at some point...pretty much everyone in our squad is contributing right now.

Top Bottom