• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

Can't believe he isn't asking for 7 new players that fit his system
Honestly, Arteta is proof that nobody at the club knows anything about football. If you want to go the youth route which is what they're trying to sell then you go for a manager with a track record of being able to develop youth. You put youth with an established manager so that the only growing pains are on the players' end. Instead, we have experienced players who have never been leaders being asked to lead kids who end up leading them and a manager who may well have a personality disorder drowning in the job while the kids try to rescue him and develop at the same time. It's doomed to fail. Even if the kids are improving technically and individually, they are stagnating tactically because his tactics are infantile and don't help them to develop their positional sense in any way.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
There is no defense for how he set up the team with Mo playing the whole match even after we fell behind twice. Ødegaard is horrific without the ball. Auba needs to be sat, he is giving us nothing. Maybe Arteta can’t get it done, if he continues with these bizarre team sheets and subs which result in negative play we aren’t going to get anywhere. No problem for me if he gets fired with this level of managing. If the team doesn’t make a dramatic turn around in the attack we are just mid table team and he should be fired. The next 3 matches are crucial we play Everton on the road with a day’s less rest but should win that and then we finish up with West ham at home which will get another 6 pointer. If he bombs the next three matches we will be midtable again and then a mid season firing may have to happen. We need 9 points from next three matches if not you can count me as Arteta out.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
For anyone too lazy, we had 24 points in the equivalent games last season (Replacing Norwich/Watford/Brentford with Fulham/West Brom/Sheffield)

So we are on course to be 1 point worse off with games not played staying equivalent. Tragic

Our numbers are dreadful, I just checked them for fun:

=> Chelsea last year was the top 4 team with the least goals scored over a season, in the last 5 years, 58 goals in 38 games = >1,5 goals per game. This is the kind of offensive output you need to challenge for top 4.
=> We scored 17 goals in 14 games = 1,2 goals/game on avg. We're on a 46 goals season pace... Which puts us at Everton's level who finished 10th last year. :lol:

=> During Emery's first season, we had a +19 GD after 44 games. Emery also had Laca and Auba, his main offensive weapon at one point was Kolasinac and so on. We were also 2nd in the table.
This season we have a -9 GD so far. Dreadful :lol:

=> On the defensive side, we conceded 1,4 goals/game on average. That puts us at a pace of 53 GA... which is worse that the seasons we had to play Mustafi :lol:

Our current place in the table is obviously not sustainable. We're way worse than what the table shows tbf.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There should be something he need to discuss between him and players to not drop off everytime we score. sometimes watching this season i wish we don't score early because i know we drop off and it going to cost us.

I never seen something like that we were in total control for 20 minutes then suddenly after scoring we became so bad with everything and won't be fixed until HT now that against Leicester and utd away from home we simply can't continue doing this specially away from home you just asking for trouble i hope we find solution

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Think it's just a case of Arteta being a more defensive minded manager, plus our players either being young or the experienced ones having mental scars of these big away games.

We are always gonna drop deep in certain matches when we are winning, as annoying as that is.... sometimes it is needed though and we can do it quite well, but we also do it too much and too soon.

Something for the manager and players to work on, just got to be braver.

Farzad Stoned

It was inexcusable to play Mo after we were 2-1 and then bring in Eddie before Laca or Pepe after keeping Auba out there too long. Not sold on Ødegaard despite him having a nice goal and creating a beautiful chance for Martinelli that he flubbed. He is a liability without the ball that we maybe can’t afford on this young team, he did create a lot for both us and the opponents unfortunately. He made lots of bad errors in this match Arteta, they were ripe for the taking.

Taxi Driver

It was inexcusable to play Mo after we were 2-1 and then bring in Eddie before Laca or Pepe after keeping Auba out there too long. Not sold on Ødegaard despite him having a nice goal and creating a beautiful chance for Martinelli that he flubbed. He is a liability without the ball that we maybe can’t afford on this young team, he did create a lot for both us and the opponents unfortunately. He made lots of bad errors in this match Arteta, they were ripe for the taking.

What's your stance on Maddison vis-à-vis Ødegaard?

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Maybe deep down the players knew that ESR goal was **** and switched off as a result, odd events when playing can make you do that.

We probably would've been better off if it wasn't given.
I think you make a very interesting observation. I thought the same when watching the game last night & that actually getting a goal in those circumstances seemed to affect us & not in a good way.

I know they are meant to be professional & just continue with the game but its a young team & it was not long ago we were 'being questioned' about the way we got a goal against Watford.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I don't think the dodgy goal made the players play worse, tbh.

Emile must have knew the keeper was down, as he wouldn't have attempted that shot otherwise.

Don't forget, we ****housed the goal v Watford too, by not giving the ball back.

Think Arteta is trying to get a more ruthless streak in the club, which I am all for.

Even at our best at The Emirates, we were never a very street wise team.

For all the beautiful football we played during the Highbury days, it sort of gets forgotten that we had proper ****s in those teams too...even our best attacking players like Henry and Bergkamp, knew how to bend the rules.

We are still a long way from those days, but I like this streak in the team this year.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Maybe deep down the players knew that ESR goal was **** and switched off as a result, odd events when playing can make you do that.

We probably would've been better off if it wasn't given.
This might hold some weight were it not for the fact that this team behaves identically every single time it takes a lead against any and all opposition. It's clearly coached to sit back when it goes ahead. That's been the case in every match we've scored first in this season as well as quite a few last season. I don't know why people feel a need to reach for answers that are right in front of us. In spite of who he's played and worked under, the academy he came from and the club he presently manages, Arteta has no interest in playing free flowing attacking football. He wants to scrape results by perilously inviting pressure with slim leads. It's a lower midtable mentality that has absolutely no place at a club with our supposed ambition and certainly not a club with our tangible history. And yet again, it's an example of incongruent ideas being pursued at this club because if that's what you want to do, you do it with experienced players, not mostly youngsters.

Farzad Stoned

Arteta is really bad with his lineups and substitutions. If you want some more steel play AMN, but then why drop Sambi who is way better off the ball and wouldn’t of made that terrible challenge Ødegaard made.

Farzad Stoned

Ok, that's solved, you're not HairSpray. :lol:
Or maybe I am Hairspray and I anticipated that this type of test question would come up and that should hide my true Maddison fetish to throw you off my trail. Winding up your guys Stalinist Soviet style paranoia is fun. 😂😂😂😂

Latest posts+

Top Bottom