• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

GoonerJay24

Individually he is better than both, but as a functioning unit our midfield is the **** man. It’s better than City. The sum is definitely greater than its parts.

Idk why I’m bothering though you’ve been incredibly consistent on pooing on Rice I’m not about to change your mind.

Well, it's not about changing minds, we're discussing football. I don't consistently criticise him, but do find some of the fan and media praise abit OTT, especially given his price. This is just my opinion though.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
True, we bottled many title races. The 02-03 team played some neat football. Could have gone further in Europe that year too. It was a great era, but several disappointments.

Rodri is way better than Rice though. Rice is a good player, but limited on the ball. Our recent improvements coincided with Jorginho becoming the number 6. Rodri is almost a combination of them both.

No Way Penguin GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

And really we should have won 4 because the 2002-03 team might have been better than the Invincibles and bottled that title. People are funny if they think the City that got taken all the way by our kids last year wouldn't have been dominated by a team with Henry and Vieira in it. Rice eats Rodri's lunch routinely, what would he do with Patrick and Gilberto to contend with?

02/03 still makes me angry to this day, we were so much better than United that season but ****ing bottled it badly at the end.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Tha era of Arsenal beat prime Fergie's United to 3 championships at it's peak, they would 100% have beaten Pep's City to at least 1.
Agree at least 1 but maybe not 3. We were generally a more talented side than Utd, they just had that winning mentality. Whilst with city, they are amazingly talented like the invincibles. I think arteta will also beat city to at least 1 somewhere along the line.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
02/03 still makes me angry to this day, we were so much better than United that season but ****ing bottled it badly at the end.

The blue kit that year (and often forgotten but stunning O2 gold third kit) deserved to be a title winning kit, imo.

We won the the Double in 2002 and went Invincible in 2004 so I don't mind the bottle that year, only real regret I have from that era is not wining the Champions League in 2006.

But not winning the league in 2003, is worse than us not doing it in 2008 or 2023...03 is our only real bottlejob imo and usually gets forgotten about funny enough 😅

I guess cause we won a lot around it (plus at least we won the cup that year too) so it's kinda a blur to most, but the end to that season was very bad.

GoonerJay24

The blue kit that year (and often forgotten but stunning O2 gold third kit) deserved to be a title winning kit, imo.

We won the the Double in 2002 and went Invincible in 2004 so I don't mind the bottle that year, only real regret I have from that era is not wining the Champions League in 2006.

But not winning the league in 2003, is worse than us not doing it in 2008 or 2023...03 is our only real bottlejob imo and usually gets forgotten about funny enough 😅

I guess cause we won a lot around it (plus at least we won the cup that year too) so it's kinda a blur to most, but the end to that season was very bad.

We've bottled too many titles imo. It's not a good look on our history, despite how successful the club is.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah that Viduka dagger at Highbury was awful 😭

Riou

Yeah that Viduka dagger at Highbury was awful 😭

The 2-2 at Bolton after being 2-0 up, heartbreak as a kid.

If you watch that season on Premiership Years that part is set to Tatu's "All The Things She Said", I am getting emotional just thinking about it 🥺

Riou

We've bottled too many titles imo. It's not a good look on our history, despite how successful the club is.

Think this is overly negative, tbh...every team can always think they can do more, but you should always focus on what you have done...and we have done plenty.

We are only behind United and Liverpool for English titles, and those two have also had awful bottlejobs...United in 2012 and Pool in 2014 were SOOOOO bad too.

That's just football, main thing is to make sure you at least get something.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom