• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I'm amazed he kept his job after the Villarreal debacle. I think he should challenge for top 4 but I can't see him getting sacked unless he finishes lower than last season.
Agreed.

It's a stern no for me for reasons we've discussed many times, but to be honest if he keeps this up I will have to buck up my ideas and concede the club was right to back him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You mean you weren’t convinced by him pompously referring you to the Wikipedia page on statistics like he dug around in his butthole and found a gold nugget?
I’ve been nothing but polite to you, respect yourself.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

In before political answer.

*edit* :lol:
@American_Gooner has the whole forum on strings. Guy is diabolical.

but to be honest if he keeps this up I will have to buck up my ideas and concede the club was right to back him.

As for if he can keep this up? Think we both know the answer to that but we are in a nice little win-win situation regarding that tbh. Just want to be back in the CL again, and I’d be very surprised if he doesn’t get absolutely schooled in the CL if he does somehow make it in there but we’ll cross that bridge when it comes.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I’d be very surprised if he doesn’t get absolutely schooled in the CL if he does somehow make it in there but we’ll cross that bridge when it comes.
I don't think he would, i think he'd do ok. Not saying he'd win it but there aren't many destructive teams about. If we avoided Bayern, i think we could go a reasonable way.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think with Arteta you've just got to accept that even if he does well in terms of results he's not going to be everyone's cup of tea in regards to playing style or personality, the way things are currently .

Sort of manager that you respect / tolerate while results are decent but the knives come out pretty quickly when results dip.

For me to feel like he's going to be Arsenal manager beyond the medium term he needs to find some way to marry the defensive solidity with more cohesive and flowing play in the final third.

He's at the stage now where he basically has 'his squad' so we need to see things moving in that direction this season really.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I think with Arteta you've just got to accept that even if he does well in terms of results he's not going to be everyone's cup of tea in regards to playing style or personality, the way things are currently .

Sort of manager that you respect / tolerate while results are decent but the knives come out pretty quickly when results dip.

For me to feel like he's going to be Arsenal manager beyond the medium term he needs to find some way to marry the defensive solidity with more cohesive and flowing play in the final third.

He's at the stage now where he basically has 'his squad' so we need to see things moving in that direction this season really.
The main issue is that he came into the job saying things like this:
Quote_Arteta_1000x1000.jpg

He raised the expectations in terms of style so it's natural to be disappointed if it doesn't materialise

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

The main issue is that he came into the job saying things like this:
Quote_Arteta_1000x1000.jpg

He raised the expectations in terms of style so it's natural to be disappointed if it doesn't materialise
Also heavily implies that he tried then failed by his own standards and is now getting by with a plan B, not exactly something that inspires faith but we move.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I don't think he would, i think he'd do ok. Not saying he'd win it but there aren't many destructive teams about. If we avoided Bayern, i think we could go a reasonable way.
PL coaches tend to get exposed in Europe if they’re mediocre.

Ole, Lampard are recent examples of coaches who do quite well in the prem then get embarrassed in Europe.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
PL coaches tend to get exposed in Europe if they’re mediocre.

Ole, Lampard are recent examples of coaches who do quite well in the prem then get embarrassed in Europe.
I think English teams are also hurt by the fact the Pl is a more physical league than most continental leagues and fouls that are let go in England are bookings. I notice a lot of English teams having players sent off in CL matches.

Farzad Stoned

Still convinced people post like that on purpose, just so others tag me in it, tbh.

Who the hell talks like that otherwise :lol:
They are envious of your charm and good looks, I have had to deal with that my whole life

Farzad Stoned

Support that opinion without using stats.
I think he has built a defensive spine of youth and quality that we haven’t had in forever. He pulled Leno for Ramsdale only he believed in, everyone else was like Ramsdale? He has improved how we defend and attack set pieces. I’ll say this I wanted to shoot him with his lineups last year. But his substitutions have been good this year, and without Luiz and Willian in the lineups and Xhaka hurt I am less pissed off about his lineups

Top Bottom