• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Looked for a statement about how great Man United are and found it:

"But again, we have to be realistic that if we do what we did in certain moments, defend in our box against probably one of the best squads in the world, they’re going to punish you because they have so many goals and quality to define those moments and that’s the curve and hopefully the lesson that we have to take from today."

One of the best squads in the world, folks.
Our inferiority complex against these teams comes from the manager - there’s no courage on the ball. United have been disrespected by everyone they’ve played at home bar Newcastle. They were absolutely there for the taking.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

It's not a defence of Arteta really, but I don't think we should go overboard that United kept Ramsdale as busy as Liverpool did.

I felt we barely got troubled, it was a game of who could play worse, absolutely no team out there looked decent. It was all very mid-table.

The worry is this is Mikels team and we served that rubbish up, United had a free pass being with Carrick.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Between 2-2 and the final whistle i think we had two innocuous shots from Auba that De Gea barely had to give a fvck about, a completely harmless header from Tavares that went over the bar, a fluffed shot by Martinelli (?) and a shot blocked by Fred. As i said yesterday: we didnt force De Gea to do anything noticeable after our second goal.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I properly hate the way rarely ever play the ball in behind. There was a point in the second half where Tavares won the ball back, and united where out of shape up the pitch. The ball down the side for Auba was 100% on, but he just looked resigned to the fact it wasn't coming and kind of just jogged to position himself with his back to goal in between their CBs.

It's even more annoying considering Maguire and Lindelof are slugs. Contract that to how Liverpool play. They can keep possession, sure, but when there's a chance to play forward in behind they always will take that option. Wengers great teams did that as well.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Hes a poor mans Jose, on paper we have decent forward players no need to defend all game. Id rather lose trying than just letting them beat you.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Look at these ****ing shills. “Bumps in the road” being defeats in any game against a team with half decent attacking players. The bollocks they were spouting in Sky the other week flowing through their Twitter fingertips.

I stopped listening that god awful podcast around this time last year. Thank God I did.

mpower2540

This is also very true, tbh.

But every time I watch Pepe, I see things that could possibly make him a very good striker...sort of like a poor man's RVP, which would still be a very good player.

But as you say...would need a more attacking team, and more creative freedom.
Could try him in Ødegaards/Lacazettes role tbh. Imagine if he’d made the mistake Ødegaard did! His body probably would’ve been found in Manchester this morning and this website would’ve melted with the amount of action the Pepe thread would be getting.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
You shouldn’t be focusing on our xG since we just changed our manager now means our xG can improve under new manager. You should be focusing on your xG, it’s Arteta’s thread after all.
It would've been 1.39 to 1.26 without the penalty so there wasn't a huge disparity there. We don't have to pretend United were amazing yesterday to know Arteta should do better as well.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

It would've been 1.39 to 1.26 without the penalty so there wasn't a huge disparity there. We don't have to pretend United were amazing yesterday to know Arteta should do better as well.

Don't listen to @UnitedBeard, this guy claimed Maguire was worth the 80M then when I called him out he acted like a coward. 💀

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc

I don’t think you get the point here. Let me make it clear. I posted the xG to show it is bad for you guys under arteta because you are struggling against the poor Man United who didn’t have manager and proper coach.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
I really don't get it at all. There are signs that we can play ball with beatifull football. The second goal was a textbook, trainingground goal that was practiced.

And everytime when we are a goal up, rather than continue playing football, we start to defend and bring the other team back into the match. Really frustrating stuff to see. What are we? Stoke 3.0?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
A thought a draw was probably the most likely outcome but I'm very disappointed with the defeat.

Similar issue with Arteta as we've seen for most of his duration here. Go 1-0 up and then retreat back into our shells and hand the initiative to the opposition. Once you do that it's hard to get it back and you're asking for trouble.

I saw some progress in the final third last night. Some nice interchanges and flowing moves. Let's put a bit of faith in our attacking players, they're pretty good.

This timid stuff from Arteta has to stop though. Against weaker sides you can get away with sitting back but sides with decent attackers, which United have to be fair, are going to punish our negativity.

Go 1-0 the mindset and should be to get a second and kill the game off.

Top Bottom