Mikel Arteta: Miktoria Concordia Crexit

ExtjExhtts

=Ex timo jens Ex Highbury two thousand six
Too be honest £350m later and I don't which team would win, the first under Unai playing the second under Arteta. Obviously Auba couldn't play twice, but put Martineli in there.

Liechtsteiner was a back up. Tavares is nothing compared to Monreal. White is an english Mustafi it seems.

Rasmi

Got 7 accusations last 3 years. Not my fault 🤦‍♂️
You say this and when you apply what you've said, we could replace half our team with West Ham players and improve. That's a real worry imo.
Nonsense. They have their main cb out for the season. They have 1 striker. People never seem to get different managers get more out of their players. Our players like Man U, Chelsea in the past is being held back by poor manager

Oxeki

New Threads, Old Tweets
Trusted ⭐
Too be honest £350m later and I don't which team would win, the first under Unai playing the second under Arteta. Obviously Auba couldn't play twice, but put Martineli in there.

The Unai team finished 1 point off 4th and 2 points of third and was the third highest scoring team in the league (72 goals). Why the highest the Arteta team has ever finished is 8th twice :facepalm:

These people should have some shame ffs.

MartiSaka

The Unai team finished 1 point off 4th and 2 points of third and was the third highest scoring team in the league (72 goals). Why the highest the Arteta team has ever finished is 8th twice :facepalm:

These people should have some shame ffs.
And he had to totally bottle the end of season to finish fifth; we were right on track for at least third at the same time teta had us languishing in the bottom half

OnlyOne

Who Mods the Mods?
Trusted ⭐
Because the "young squad for the future" schtick was engineered by Arteta and his media/PR shills.

As @field442 explained it well, this approach is designed to buy him time in the owners eyes and his media hacks will have plenty of excuses ready.

The fact that he made a 180° turnaround from signing experience in first summer window (plans for CL in 3 years 🤦🏻‍♂️) to youth (ones for the future), is a testament that he has no idea but he's just buying himself more time.

Hmmmm, I disagree with a ton of this, sorry @field442. He’s not buying time just because he bought younger players.

OnlyOne

Who Mods the Mods?
Trusted ⭐
So these young players are ready? Why does he constantly remind us about how young we are then?

I’m disagreeing with the idea he bought ‘young players’ just for an excuse. That to me simply isn’t true.

That’s something this club needed to do for years.

Rasmi

I’m disagreeing with the idea he bought ‘young players’ just for an excuse. That to me simply isn’t true.

That’s something this club needed to do for years.
You can buy 24-25 year old with experience. We purposely went very young so Arteta can start building and get more time. It won’t make any difference. Give him 10 years and a billion m. He is still poor manager

OnlyOne

Who Mods the Mods?
Trusted ⭐
You can buy 24-25 year old with experience. We purposely went very young so Arteta can start building and get more time. It won’t make any difference. Give him 10 years and a billion m. He is still poor manager

Look at the players we bought though? They are all modern type players and most managers would be happy with them.

They aren’t specifically for Mikel, their young players who hold value and have high potential, Mikel facilitated that.

Had we gone for experience I doubt we’d be playing more exciting football or be better off on points.

These players aren’t bought just so Mikel has more time, that’s my opinion.

Rasmi

Look at the players we bought though? They are all modern type players and most managers would be happy with them.

They aren’t specifically for Mikel, their young players who hold value and have high potential, Mikel facilitated that.

Had we gone for experience I doubt we’d be playing more exciting football or be better off on points.

So who bought the players if not Mikel?

OnlyOne

Who Mods the Mods?
Trusted ⭐
So who bought the players if not Mikel?

What? I said facilitated, as in he had a part to play along with others involved. If they wanted to keep Mikel on to rebuild they'd just do it regardless of who they bought. The owners of a club don't need to give the manager an excuse just to keep him on. :lol:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately
Trusted ⭐
Please don’t give them any talking points. I can see it now West ham is in top 4 right now, we can’t beat them!

It would piss me off if anyone made this argument. Just have a go. Try. Stop this boring, mechanical way of playing and attack.

We have decent players but it seems they are afraid to show how good they are and I don’t understand why. West ham is playing much better than us when they attack but I don’t think they have a better team or squad. Antonio, Rice Soucek and Zouma would get into our first team but aside from those players we are better man for man. Bowen is playing well though.

Go and find a poster on this forum who would blindly support anything and everything that Arteta does, and continuously make excuses for him? And that goes for you too @Oxeki.

I only count @hairspray and @al-Ustaadh and they aren’t here anymore.

It’s time you both and others like you put your bullshit aside and respect the views of those who are open to giving a more balanced approached to our dealings on the field.

Because if anyone is starting to look like a shill or shills… it’s you who want to make everything hopeless, are nowhere to be found when the boys actually do good and have the loudest mouths when we suffer a loss or humiliating draw. I’d even bet some of you secretly want us to continuously lose as well FFS.

It’s time to grow up.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Planes, Trains & Social Media Rants
Trusted ⭐
So much wrong with this post, what is a 'modern player', you've just made that up. Mo Salah 29, Gundogan 31 are they not modern players. They ran rings around Arteta's defence.
Some of those players that Mikel brought are already losing value. White is £36m according to Transfermarkt. The ones that are really made/making money are ones from the academy ESR, Willock, Saka, Nketiah, here before Arteta came.
You forget he did go for experience Willian, Luiz, Cedric, Mari . . was our football any worse?
Why did he switch from plan A then, buying older players?

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts