• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Don’t think you can call Arteta a failed manager, won us a Cup, in contention for top 4 this season. That’s pretty decent going when you’re up against phenomenal spenders like Utd, City, and Chelsea.

Utd are the biggest spenders on the planet in the last 4/5 years, don’t compare us to you.
He’s a failed manager. Two 8th place finishes, no Europe and the highest spend out of all clubs in Europe.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Once again he simply refuses to use the Hale End kids on the bench. And The Athletic compared our academy with La Masia ffs. Would it be the end of the world to put Biereth on and hope for the best? Or Hutchinson who apparently is a wonderkid? Despicable manager.

GoonerJay24

I disagree , we've had more than enough time to see he cannot implement a proper playing style, and regularly clashes with players.

He's spent around 150m and had no Europe , a few carabao cup matches and a 1st round exit in the FA cup. The schedule is favoring him currently . No one was expecting a top 4 race because no one was expecting Sp**s/Utd to be so poor at the start. Still if we do not get top 4 even in such favorable circumstances it also shows he cannot take the pressure and shouldn't be manager of Arsenal anyway.

Well depends how you define playing style? I've certainly seen more of a complete identity in our last six league matches. Agree on the falling out with players, not a good look.

Sp**s and United are always poor; both trophyless for years. But yes not many did expect a top four challenge from us. The fact we're up there with this young team full of good characters compared to last season's side shows signs of progress.

Kav

Established Member
Too much overreacting to a draw. We were never going to beat them because of how Arteta sets up our attack and transition.

I am not sure why anyone is surprised by the lack of goals either.

Our attack is set up to be press resistant, we are most dangerous when teams press us and we can beat that press, opening up the space for a quick ball carry and release to either wings for a cut back shot. That’s pretty much our entire attack.

We don’t do well when teams play a low block and refuse to press us intensively. Like today. When Burnley did press is was for a very short period and they did a lateral press instead of a lopsided press.

We don’t have the tactical set up to beat them and that’s on the manager. We just didn’t earn it today. Nothing new here either.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Well depends how you define playing style? I've certainly seen more of a complete identity in our last six league matches. Agree on the falling out with players, not a good look.

Sp**s and United are always poor; both trophyless for years. But yes not many did expect a top four challenge from us. The fact we're up there with this young team full of good characters compared to last season's side shows signs of progress.

If you look at the "after Christmas" table you can see that we arent in a top 4 challenge. So stop lying.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Subs were very limited today, tbh...not sure Burnley is the right game for these kids.

Nuno for Tierney should have been one of the subs though, would have given us some extra attacking impetus for the last 20 mins or so.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Subs were very limited today, tbh...not sure Burnley is the right game for these kids.

Nuno for Tierney should have been one of the subs though, would have given us some extra attacking impetus for the last 20 mins or so.

There is no right game for these kids with this manager.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Man Arteta is playing with fire here. He really could do much more than he is right now, but he is making a point.

AMN
Kola
Mari

Gone.

Chambers and Pepe, barely used.
Lokonga got dropped and is now playing as a single pivot.

Auba, exiled.
Leno, being linked with move away.

When all goes to pot, he brings Nketiah on.

He is basically saying, look what I have to work with. This guy, we don't even want. Buy me a striker please.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Man Arteta is playing with fire here. He really could do much more than he is right now, but he is making a point.

AMN
Kola
Mari

Gone.

Chambers and Pepe, barely used.
Lokonga got dropped and is now playing as a single pivot.

Auba, exiled.
Leno, being linked with move away.

When all goes to pot, he brings Nketiah on.

He is basically saying, look what I have to work with. This guy, we don't even want. Buy me a striker please.

This situation is his own fault.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
dont need scrubs like this to tell me how i should feel ffs.

I feel annoyed, that you feel annoyed, that he is telling you how to feel...

How does that make everyone else feel?

Polar Bear

You know a manager is not up to it when he does not learn.. lets go back to the game against Burnley last season at the Emirates, remember that?! the exact same tactics as last season, the subs made at the same time, the same patterns of play. Arteta has not learned at all

Burnley have came to the Emirates twice and have had an easy ride both times.. they were never in threat, we played their style and right into their hands both times. Arteta has not learned a thing, the game from last season was on loop, dejavu, the only difference was Auba didn't score an own goal as he was not playing, but the game is the same, its all on loop

I remember being so frustrated that he was taking so long to make subs against Burnley last season, and he has done the exact same thing all over again. So tired of it all...

Top Bottom