• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Disagree.

Think once he gets his players we’ll still see a defensive formation but with a lot of attacking. Like his league winning Chelsea team.

It could happen of course, but I doubt it will.

I maintain that Conte is currently an outdated manager, who needs to adapt his approach more, otherwise he will follow the same path as Mourinho.

His overall team shape still follow the same structure as what we see today (325 attack, 4411/451 in defense). But his conservative ideology, waiting for space rather than creating it himself, will be what exposes him over a season.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Disagree.

Think once he gets his players we’ll still see a defensive formation but with a lot of attacking. Like his league winning Chelsea team.
Tbf all these guys were warned in the Sp**s thread when they were pretending Conte was a rubbish manager and saying he actually has a clue made you a Sp**s fan.

They've pushed us to the limit when they really had no right to. They really should be laying in their own fecal matter like utd, but instead he's got us shaking over the mighty Newcastle. Conte most likely isn't even staying.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We shouldn't really care how Conte teams play, tbh.

As long as he is at Sp**s, we should all want him to fail though.

SA Gunner

Tbf all these guys were warned in the Sp**s thread when they were pretending Conte was a rubbish manager and saying he actually has a clue made you a Sp**s fan.

They've pushed us to the limit when they really had no right to. They really should be laying in their own fecal matter like utd, but instead he's got us shaking over the mighty Newcastle. Conte most likely isn't even staying.

I remember thinking that Sp**s were gonna knock us out when he came in, spoke specifically to you about this I recall.

That said, I've seen enough of his football this season to convince me that he wont do much at Sp**s. Firstly because they wont bring in the level of player he needs, and secondly the football I've seen him put out with them. Lets say though that he does stay and Sp**s go large, with players like Lautaro and Lukaku for example.... I still dont see them doing anything better than third, even with City and Pool standing still.

I could be wrong of course, lets see.

What I will say is that what you say here is probably what will happen. He'll chase the money and try and rebuild his rep where he knows he will be the biggest spender. Newcastle or PSG do come to mind.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I remember thinking that Sp**s were gonna knock us out when he came in, spoke specifically to you about this I recall.

That said, I've seen enough of his football this season to convince me that he wont do much at Sp**s. Firstly because they wont bring in the level of player he needs, and secondly the football I've seen him put out with them. Lets say though that he does stay and Sp**s go large, with players like Lautaro and Lukaku for example.... I still dont see them doing anything better than third, even with City and Pool standing still.

I could be wrong of course, lets see.

What I will say is that what you say here is probably what will happen. He'll chase the money and try and rebuild his rep where he knows he will be the biggest spender. Newcastle or PSG do come to mind.
I don’t think he stays, what for?

I think whatever point he was trying to prove he’s kinda proved it. Was a risky career decision, had Arsenal-Mania talking crazy.

SA Gunner

Keep getting distracted with some posts I've missed, Ill get to the drama soon enough Im sure.

Wanted to say that I was very pleased to see the extension announced, and when it was announced. I believe the club are on a good wicket with this young manager, and its important for us to continue to build our squad as we look to solidify ourselves for next season.

As for those who talk about Mikel failing because its Mikel, the club about to be exposed playing 2+ games a week, the club being run by clueless *****'s, or any other theory out there. I think you folks need to sit down for a minute, because you dont know what you are talking about. I think it would be better to admit that you dont like the guy and that drives your opinion, end of story.

If you want a concrete check point of what the club are doing and whether they are on track... wait for the work to be done over the summer. That removes any speculation or guesses that you are putting forward at this point.

SA Gunner

I don’t think he stays, what for?

I think whatever point he was trying to prove he’s kinda proved it. Was a risky career decision, had Arsenal-Mania talking crazy.

Yeah I think he knows he is at a loser club, and it puts his credentials under pressure IMO.

Can see him going to PSG for example, even if Sp**s make top four. That would be some consolation for me, because he still is a manager that's too good for them IMO.

Re showing Arteta how to set up against Sp**s, I guess you could add Pep and Klopp to your statement as well?

No, there’s no need to play like cowards against a cowardly team. We have footballing principles that we want to adhere to, and we did the right thing with our approach IMO.

Out of all the progressive managers in the league, only Potter and Tuchel got it right this season.

Conte has and will continue to have Sp**s sitting behind the ball like a relegation side, even when he has his players. Klopp said it, and it will remain true.
Yeah but the result was a means to an end. Playing for a draw at this stage of th
Re showing Arteta how to set up against Sp**s, I guess you could add Pep and Klopp to your statement as well?

No, there’s no need to play like cowards against a cowardly team. We have footballing principles that we want to adhere to, and we did the right thing with our approach IMO.

Out of all the progressive managers in the league, only Potter and Tuchel got it right this season.

Conte has and will continue to have Sp**s sitting behind the ball like a relegation side, even when he has his players. Klopp said it, and it will remain true.
I take your point but at this stage of the season without your best team and just needing a draw. Actually not playing into sp**rs hands would have been clever management. If we had grabbed a win or took a draw we wouldn’t all be feeling nervous now, knowing we have to win our last two games to definitely make it. It’s not like he hasn’t won this way before and we are not and have never been under Arteta a team that has been able to go toe to toe with any top 6 team. Seemed like a strange time to try it!

SA Gunner

Yeah but the result was a means to an end. Playing for a draw at this stage of th

I take your point but at this stage of the season without your best team and just needing a draw. Actually not playing into sp**rs hands would have been clever management. If we had grabbed a win or took a draw we wouldn’t all be feeling nervous now, knowing we have to win our last two games to definitely make it. It’s not like he hasn’t won this way before and we are not and have never been under Arteta a team that has been able to go toe to toe with any top 6 team. Seemed like a strange time to try it!

To be fair I had the same feelings before the match. So strategically I agree with you, we could have really knocked the wind out their sails with such a performance and called "mature" by pundits doing that.

It is what it is though, lets hope we incorporate this thinking when needed over the next two games.

Nicenho

Imagine being stupid enough to give Tapas Pulis a new contract before the season even ends and still be running a club as big as Arsenal. Life isn't fair.

Slug457

High line and attacks when we need a draw V Sp**s then plays defensive when we need a win V Newcastle, giving them 60%+ possesion. Only when we concede do we start to have a go. Not even his cult can justify this surely?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom