• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
It’s a complete mess and next season will be down hill when he’s got to cope with Europa.
The sensible decision would be to throw the EL or leave the reserves to do as well as they can. At least by Christmas, we could go back to playing on a Saturday. Oh, but wait. We had this opportunity this season. Its going to take humiliation to get him out isn't it?

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
The sensible decision would be to throw the EL or leave the reserves to do as well as they can. At least by Christmas, we could go back to playing on a Saturday. Oh, but wait. We had this opportunity this season. Its going to take humiliation to get him out isn't it?
He needs Europa as he knows he will struggle for top 4. He has a better chance for CL through Europa.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He needs Europa as he knows he will struggle for top 4. He has a better chance for CL through Europa.
I'd like to agree but then I remember Olympiacos. You look at this guys pedigree and there's a concern everywhere. He's broken every negative record. I wouldn't trust him to get out of the group and I doubt he'd have us playing as well as Rangers are atm. He cannot coach an attack.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Fair points but imagine Poch breaking his trophy duck with us whilst Sp**s won nothing. I'd love to see that.

Hadn't even considered that to be honest. That's all I need to hear!

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Married with six kids, yet still a virgin.

That's impressive, tbh!

@Baki did some serious sleuthing & it turns out James is the C-word. No not THAT one, the other one. When you look at that hairline & those glasses, it's not much of a revelation though, is it? :lol:

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

I'd like to agree but then I remember Olympiacos. You look at this guys pedigree and there's a concern everywhere. He's broken every negative record. I wouldn't trust him to get out of the group and I doubt he'd have us playing as well as Rangers are atm. He cannot coach an attack.

So does @A__G & boy didn't he love to remind me of that fact :lol:

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Dominate for a half, lol, you should watch the match then. Guimares and the other Newcastle midfielders danced around our midfield and dominated us. We were lucky it wasn’t out of reach by halftime. Our midfield was dominated and quite predictably our attackers were completely starved of service, ESR touched the ball like 6 times.
Yeah, I watched it. At halftime Newcastle had a 67% possession. They finished with 51% to our 49%, that is, we had something like 65-66% possession in the second half.

That's why I said a half. Because we were dominated in the first half. Our second half performance wasn't good enough to make up for our first but my statement was correct.

Anyways, like I said, that we have seen halves like that various times this season against teams like Newcastle or Brighton is cause for concern. A top manager should find a way to ensure that doesn't occur, especially with the philosophy of play we have.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Yeah, I watched it. At halftime Newcastle had a 67% possession. They finished with 51% to our 49%, that is, we had something like 65-66% possession in the second half.

That's why I said a half. Because we were dominated in the first half. Our second half performance wasn't good enough to make up for our first but my statement was correct.

Anyways, like I said, that we have seen halves like that various times this season against teams like Newcastle or Brighton is cause for concern. A top manager should find a way to ensure that doesn't occur, especially with the philosophy of play we have.

@Makingtrax What do you think of the length? I figure this can pass the New Yorker's rigorous submission process :lol:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The Europa League shouldn't affect the PL until the quarter finals or so. And even then it shouldn't make much difference.

We will literally be up against teams like Dundalk, Rapid Vienna, Genk, Bate Borisov etc etc.

That will require maybe 3 or 4 first team players and and rest squad players.

We should be taking it serious. I hate it as much as the next person but it's am opportunity to win a trophy. Even though knowing our luck next year it will be the hardest EL in years. That said we did get put out by Olympiakos so who knows.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
*more humiliation

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz

Oh so we mindlessly had a ton of possession which created nothing once Bewcadtle was 2-0 up. We didn’t dominate squat, not the first half and not the second. There is difference with the team letting you have the ball so they can sit off and protect a 2 goal lead and the word domination. We had more possession in second half because they let us as defensive strategy to protect points, you call that dominating possession in the second half, do we get a cookie for it?

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Oh so we mindlessly had a ton of possession which created nothing once Bewcadtle was 2-0 up. We didn’t dominate squat, not the first half and not the second. There is difference with the team letting you have the ball so they can sit off and protect a 2 goal lead and the word domination. We had more possession in second half because they let us as defensive strategy to protect points, you call that dominating possession in the second half, do we get a cookie for it?
It's not quite as simple as you put it, we certainly had a much strong foothold in the game in the 2nd half, even before their goals.

Regardless, being dominated like that in the first half wasn't acceptable. Like I said, a top manager with our principles should be able to get the team to react and change the tide tactically before a whole half passes like that.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
People were using the possession excuse last season not willing to allow for the fact that the other team had the game won. We were battered.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
It's not quite as simple as you put it, we certainly had a much strong foothold in the game in the 2nd half, even before their goals.

Regardless, being dominated like that in the first half wasn't acceptable. Like I said, a top manager with our principles should be able to get the team to react and change the tide tactically before a whole half passes like that.
Newcastle goals came in the 2nd half LOL. They dominated us across the entire game.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz

It isn’t though, they were up 2-0 and played it conservatively hoping to catch us out on break or just ride out a 2-0 lead. That isn’t the same as dominating the possession, the term of art you looking for is that Newcastle “let us play” as a strategic choice we were gifted the ball and could do nothing with it. We could of easily been 2 or 3 down at half

Top Bottom