• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
There's nothing to forgive Arteta for, it's not his fault he's a shiiite manager and a dickhead. Those are his crosses to bear, we all have our own. The blame for our lamentable situation today and in the coming year/years lies with our lazy, disinterested, dilettante owners who's running of this club in the past 10 years borders on malfeasance.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Some of you are living in the clouds with your mega positivity, it’s the same rubbish from you guys season in, season out. Same thing in the transfer windows too. When the season flops you still continue to attack guys who had questions and doubts.

Why are we losing 14 league games a season? Finishing below Sp**s? When Sp**s have been poor and had their own issues with multiple managers, Kane wanting to leave, Son injured etc.

Arteta is stinking out the place.

My boy Arteta proving all his doubters wrong.

The ‘Usual Suspects’ right again.

Champions League here we come.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Nah, you're not going to live with that. I'm getting attacked specifically because I've been saying this the entire time.

Most of you are not going to like this but Kroenkes are doing a US sports style rebuild and from the US standpoint of sports they think it's going remarkably well. And, why wouldn't they? We've won 21 games and are sitting in 5th place in the whole league. A US sports version of a rebuild rarely goes that well. Most teams actively tank (purposely lose games) their seasons to get the best chance at good young players coming into the league.

I'm a fan of the Raiders in the NFL. I can count on two hands the number of good seasons they've had since I've been alive. They claimed to do a rebuild at least a dozen times if not more. In a 16 game season, our rebuilds would see us win anywhere from 2 to 5 games. Double that to 32 games to get close to PL and that's 4 to 10 wins. You see where I'm going with this?

The Kroenkes have allowed the Rams to throw money and draft picks around like candy much like you lot are up in arms over Edu and Arteta reshaping and removing players even at losses of money. The Kroenkes are actually used to this (to a point) and will allow them some leash as long as the results are relatively good.

I don't know how much time the Kroenkes will accept as giving Edu/Arteta but the signs are telling me at least two more seasons from how the Kroenkes run their US teams. That's how I have somehow became an Inner because I know they aren't going anywhere for a while so it's no use moaning day after day.
Big difference no draft in football you get no reward for losing like preferential front loaded draft rights. In football where money equals talent losing and not making CL hurts Kroenke’s bottom line and will cause players to want to leave or not want to join. Let’s stop tossing off on Kroenke the evil American billionaire. The guy is not my favorite owner but his job is to spend a ton of money and shut up and let his football people make decisions. He has spent more since Arteta than anyone not named United. His mistake is trusting Arteta too much, other than that the best owner is one who spends money and delegates l. For all his faults he has fulfilled his most important obligation Arteta and Edu haven’t delivered.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

There's nothing to forgive Arteta for, it's not his fault he's a shiiite manager and a dickhead. Those are his crosses to bear, we all have our own. The blame for our lamentable situation today and in the coming year/years lies with our lazy, disinterested, dilettante owners who's running of this club in the past 10 years borders on malfeasance.

giphy.gif

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

We should not sign anyone then because any player could flop. Especially if the manager is rubbish.

Yeah I'm not really following the logic on that one @Xln

Sure, there's always the possibility that any player that we add (whether coming back on loan or from the youth academy or that we've purchased) will flop, but the chances decrease as the quality they've displayed increases.

Saliba has performed well at Marseille and given his physical attributes seems to be well suited to PL footie. Not saying he's not gonna make mistakes, but I'm optimistic that he'd do well for us if he stayed (which seems less likely now - him staying that is).

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Yeah I'm not really following the logic on that one @Xln

Sure, there's always the possibility that any player that we add (whether coming back on loan or from the youth academy or that we've purchased) will flop, but the chances decrease as the quality they've displayed increases.

Saliba has performed well at Marseille and given his physical attributes seems to be well suited to PL footie. Not saying he's not gonna make mistakes, but I'm optimistic that he'd do well for us if he stayed (which seems less likely now - him staying that is).
There is no logic to look for. I just asked a question.

For me Saliba won't be a solution. Our injured backs and non existing midfield is the issue.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Well in return Id put it to you that the club do not see continued investment in Arteta as sunk cost, nor have considered the sunk cost fallacy in this case. And I’ll tell you why I think that.

Firstly, I think you are right when you say we are a club with limited resources and therefore have to take further steps, give more time and invest smarter because we cannot just restart.

I think the club clearly do not see Arteta as a hopeless cause, or an investment that will no longer bring the needed returns. Because we see their actual actions, and will probably see more this summer.

The real question is, who’s right? Baki with <insert pronoun> analysis on Arteta, or the club’s analysis on Arteta. Guess time will tell.

Investment 101 is about learning to cut your losses early. This even more important for an investor with limited resources. Sp**s who have even less resources than us know this, which is why they have cut their managers quickly when there are clear signs it’s not going to work. They’ve finished above us for the last 5 seasons, so it looks like their strategy is working much better than our own.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Arteta apparently said yesterday that the "project" started a year ago. Again: This is nothing but utter nonsense according to Edu who said that this project started at the beginning of the summer in 2020 when we extended Sakas and Martinellis contracts. The way Arteta lies is rather sickening.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

The first one I'll grant you. The second however, we know it, it's just hard to prove with that thick layer of lego hair in place :lol:

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Arteta apparently said yesterday that the "project" started a year ago. Again: This is nothing but utter nonsense according to Edu who said that this project started at the beginning of the summer in 2020 when we extended Sakas and Martinellis contracts. The way Arteta lies is rather sickening.

He'll never get called out on it.

Anytime Edu gets clarity & is about to deliver a few home truths to him, Tets just whips out a plate of honey chipotle glazed veal chops & Edu loses all coherence 🤣

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

This is what i mean, this guy is worse than Boris ffs. We should be in the cl, another season without it is a disgrace tbh.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

This is what i mean, this guy is worse than Boris ffs. We should be in the cl, another season without it is a disgrace tbh.

So long as he remains here & wields the shocking amount of power he's been ceded by the derelict board, we'll always be a touch away from the Champions League.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom