• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Looking back over this season, the first group of people I want to talk about is you – our fans.

funny-jokes.gif

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arteta's CV is Sterling giving interviews to Sky how smart he is and Pep "more than you believe happy new year" ****ing Guardiola propping him up. It's the equivalent of saying Craig Eastmond or Mark Randall had potential at the top level because they somehow ended up in our academy.

Randall plays for Larne in the Northern Irish League now, my cousin met him.

Mark was bragging to him, about once having Thierry Henry's mobile number saved in his phone 🤣

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

I swear people forget how awful we were under Emery,

Im not cherry picking, we were constantly outplayed and outshot by the likes of Watford and Burnley almost every week, reality is that we were really lucky to get 5th with Emery having outperformed our xG and it really showed in his next season.

With Arteta this season, we were really unlucky not to finish 4th or even 3rd, The Newcastle game was a disaster but most of the other games we lost were by really thin margins, we lost key players like Tomi and Keiran and Partey for long periods and we had to battle the whole season with a finished Lacazette and Nketiah up top (which is admittedly Artetas fault for letting Auba go without a replacement). All that despite having a way less experienced and thinner squad compared to Emery, and all the money that we cleared off the wage bill will be reinvested in the team reportedly. There's a lot more optimism towards the next season compared to the optimism towards the second season of Emerys.

We played against Burnley and Watford 6 times with Emery and won all of those games except the 2-2 game against Watford.

MATHEO

Why the **** should our club be a training ground for a rookie like Cone Boy in the first place. We're Arsenal FC and not Everton ffs. The club's his employer and not the other way round. If he ****s up at his job then he must go just like any one else. There is simply no excuses for his failure this season. Hundreds of millions spent, with no European commitment and with a very kind fixture schedule aided by Covid, and he still ****ed up big time. Look at how Conte turned around the fortune of Spuds within such a short period of time. **** his "process" and excuses.
Yes, it shouldn't be a training ground for a rookie in the first place, but he was given the job and its not his fault he's doing his best to learn the job and progress as a manager, and I can say now that the future with Arteta (and this young squad) looks bright, you base your decisions for sacking or keeping a manager depending on your projections for future seasons (obviously, these projections are influenced by the progress he made in the past). And for me I would bet on him for the long run as a manager whos committed to the club. Maybe I have more patience than you do. Maybe Arsenal deserves a world class manager who might bring success sooner than him. Its all subjective to be fair.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

With Arteta this season, we were really unlucky not to finish 4th or even 3rd, The Newcastle game was a disaster but most of the other games we lost were by really thin margins, we lost key players like Tomi and Keiran and Partey for long periods and we had to battle the whole season with a finished Lacazette and Nketiah up top (which is admittedly Artetas fault for letting Auba go without a replacement). All that despite having a way less experienced and thinner squad compared to Emery, and all the money that we cleared off the wage bill will be reinvested in the team reportedly. There's a lot more optimism towards the next season compared to the optimism towards the second season of Emerys.

I actually agree about Emery, that's not to say he didn't do any good at all, but by the end of his tenure it's clear that he was not the one.

That said c'mon now, we were not "really unlucky" not to finish 3rd. I mean even with 4th, we were in pole position and we failed to get 4th because we succumbed to the pressure.

Sure we were missing Tierney and Partey for the run in (Tomi was already missing before that and we were coping fine), but by the point in the season where you have to beat Newcastle and Everton to secure 4th, to me it's more about our inability to handle the pressure, YMMV.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Randall plays for Larne in the Northern Irish League now, my cousin met him.

Mark was bragging to him, about once having Thierry Henry's mobile number saved in his phone 🤣
Four or five years from now when Arsenal's apartheid under Arteta will be over and he'll be living under a bridge like the troglodyte he is, the one thing he'll be able to brag about is instilling a proto-fascist cult of personality culture at the club and sending Auba into the gulag because of it (and subsequently into trophies at Barcelona).

That's if justice is served, maybe he can manage your cousin at Larne. Realistically on his current trajectory he'll be the first ever board member-manager with 10% of the shares. Worst case he'll be omnipresent on Sky terrorising us with his windowlicker level of insight.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Four or five years from now when Arsenal's apartheid under Arteta will be over and he'll be living under a bridge like the troglodyte he is, the one thing he'll be able to brag about is instilling a proto-fascist cult of personality culture at the club and sending Auba into the gulag because of it (and subsequently into trophies at Barcelona).

That's if justice is served, maybe he can manage your cousin at Larne. Realistically on his current trajectory he'll be the first ever board member-manager with 10% of the shares. Worst case he'll be omnipresent on Sky terrorising us with his windowlicker level of insight.

giphy.gif

I shouldn't laugh about apartheid but lmao.

MATHEO

We played against Burnley and Watford 6 times with Emery and won all of those games except the 2-2 game against Watford.
You missed the part where I said we outperformed our xG and we were lucky to win such games and get 5th, to put things into perspective:

Burnley 1-3 Arsenal (14 shots to 17, Our third goal came in the 94th minute)

Arsenal 3-1 Burnley (11 shots to 7, Our third goal came in the 91th minute)

Arsenal 2-1 Burnley ( 15 shots to 18, Burnley outshot us at home)

Arsenal 2-0 Watford ( 9 shots to 14, Watford outshot us at home, and our two goals came in the last ten minutes with the opener being an own goal)

Watford 2-2 Arsenal (31 shots for Watford ....)

Watford 0-1 Arsenal (11 to 19 shots despite the fact that Troy Deeny got a red card in the 11th minute of the game, and we relied on Leno to get a clean sheet)

We were horrific under Emery and were extremely lucky in many games, 5th was an undeserved spot. throughout the season your luck averages out yes but there's still a margin of plus or minus 5-10 points that you get or lose due to game circumstances that you cannot influence (like red cards and own goals and deflections ... etc) as a manager and Emery had the luck to finish 5th despite the atrocious performances

In comparison, the games that we lost recently where we were really unlucky to not get a single point:

Southampton 0-1 Arsenal (9 shots to 23)
Arsenal 1-2 Brighton (20 to 8 shots)

Not to mention games like City and others where we were down to ten men after being the better team on the pitch, we had the most red cards in the league . Yes hes to blame that he sold Auba without replacing him, but thats an easy fix for the future. He made mistakes and he will continue to make them, but some mistakes are easy to fix, Emery's faults in comparison were that he was outplayed tactically in most games.

• Red card
Reactions: Kav

shoot for the top

Yes, it shouldn't be a training ground for a rookie in the first place, but he was given the job and its not his fault he's doing his best to learn the job and progress as a manager, and I can say now that the future with Arteta (and this young squad) looks bright, you base your decisions for sacking or keeping a manager depending on your projections for future seasons (obviously, these projections are influenced by the progress he made in the past). And for me I would bet on him for the long run as a manager whos committed to the club. Maybe I have more patience than you do. Maybe Arsenal deserves a world class manager who might bring success sooner than him. Its all subjective to be fair.
Where's the bright spot?

MATHEO

Where's the bright spot?
Finished within touching distance of 3rd with a core of Ramsdale, Kieran, Gabriel, White, Tomi, Saka, Ødegaard, ESR, Gabi whom are all aged 24 and under. Our top scoring striker has 5 PL goals this season, Saying something like "Break the bank for a world class striker and we're instantly the 3rd best in the country" doesnt sound much of an exaggeration. But hey where's the bright spot ? I cant show the light to the blind

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

The way they celebrated the goals was pathetic but most of the players are spineless. What a waste of time this season has been.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
We'll see how serious Kroenkes and Edu are when the transfer window opens. If it's the usual not getting anybody in until a week or two before the window closes then they are not serious.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Finished within touching distance of 3rd with a core of Ramsdale, Kieran, Gabriel, White, Tomi, Saka, Ødegaard, ESR, Gabi whom are all aged 24 and under. Our top scoring striker has 5 PL goals this season, Saying something like "Break the bank for a world class striker and we're instantly the 3rd best in the country" doesnt sound much of an exaggeration. But hey where's the bright spot ? I cant show the light to the blind

You keep saying this but it's so disingenuous. We did not finish within "touching distance of 3rd", we were never in the 3rd place race, we didn't once displace Chelsea from third place in the closing weeks (when it counts).

There was no race for third, Chelsea had a wobble and we could've taken advantage but we never did.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom