• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Because Conte came in halfway through the season and had 1 transfer window and got them Top 4 by having his star players firing on all cylinders with the players he bought providing much needed support.

Meanwhile Arteta has had 3 years , the license to sign/release whoever he wants, over 300m spent yet his fans are calling 5th an overachievement.

But can you also apply the same energy to Conte that was given to Arteta for most of this season?

That Conte finished fourth because United, Arsenal, West Ham failed this season?

He exited the cups early, forfeited Europe to play one game a week as well.

Vanpayslip

People staying this season has been progress are ignoring the fact that Arteta is the reason for the decline.

Arteta continues to be a manager devoid of any original thinking. The club as a whole are probably the same. This project that they came up with last summer is a red herring. So they decided to build a young squad for the long term. Erm that is exactly what Wenger did, much cheaper, and had better success and way better football and was yet hounded out of the club. Not sticking up for Wenger here but just pointing out that they only thing these geniuses could come up with was a plan that Wenger had well over a decade ago and we conclusively know it didn’t work. And yet here we are again with the club thinking they can use this old idea as some kind of new project.

I think every once in a while the league sets itself up in a way that if you fail in that year’s league then it’s just the beginning of the end. This happened to Wenger when Leicester won the league. It just made it plainly obvious that if he couldn’t do it that year then no chance in hell he will do it when City and Chelsea come back full steam. This season was exactly that for Arteta. If he couldn’t make CL this year then no chance it’s happening no matter how many tries you give him or how much money they spend. This is in all reality his peak and it doesn’t even feel that great.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Because Conte came in halfway through the season and had 1 transfer window and got them Top 4 by having his star players firing on all cylinders with the players he bought providing much needed support.

Meanwhile Arteta has had 3 years , the license to sign/release whoever he wants, over 300m spent yet his fans are calling 5th an overachievement.
Conte's done an amazing job. Most of that squad is not top 4 material and he's really motivated and licked them into shape to support their two class players.

Can only imagine what he'd have done with a forward line of Auba, Laca, Pepe and Saka.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Someone needs to explain to me the difference between Baku and the collapse of this season.

Other than we like some elements of the team more, I'm not really seeing it.

The Baku yr collapse was similar IMO. Both very good positions in the league that were bottled from positions where models (yes giselle and gigi) predicted we had 75-85% chance of qualifying. Emery had it tougher in the sense that he was trying to juggle important Europa league ties with the premier league, whilst Arteta had it tougher in the sense that the squad was stripped bare. Very few resources, which was partially his/the clubs own doing. I think this year we got closer to season end before knowing we had definitely bottled it. My recollection with the Baku yr was that it was becoming quite evident we had definitely bottled it by three games out.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Can someone please unlock this puff piece?

Indoctrination starts young.

This is the only way the Kroenkes will increase their stranglehold on the club.

Not to mention multiple pictures showing that tw*t walking around with his kids after the match, it really lends credence to the idea of this "young energy" rubbish so they continue to push the narrative that we're going places when really it'll be more of the same next season.

And make no mistake, the fanbase is as divided as it ever was if not moreso.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Sad times. Fighting **** forum summing us up perfectly.

4-EBB3-C33-ACCC-4494-A4-CE-503-B32-D2235-E.jpg

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Someone needs to explain to me the difference between Baku and the collapse of this season.

It's similar. Emery wasn't sacked then though and had 1+1 option to extend contract I guess. So we probably didn't renew him then. He was sacked after the disaster few months into the next season. If we do start similarly next season, even I'll be tets out.

Haphazard

But can you also apply the same energy to Conte that was given to Arteta for most of this season?

That Conte finished fourth because United, Arsenal, West Ham failed this season?

He exited the cups early, forfeited Europe to play one game a week as well.
Why? the situations are different.

Arteta has been the manager for over 2.5 years now with huge amounts of financial backing and has a dictator like power over the club and it's decisions. He bottled the top 4 race massively , even achieving top 4 would be a base minimum achievement not an 'overachievement' considering the backing and time he has been given.

Conte finished 4th partly because he took over a team with a world class attack but otherwise not so great players and got them firing again AND because Arteta bottled it. He came in halfway through the season had 1 transfer window and no one was saying he needs 25 transfer windows and 1.5 billion of investment to really see his team and judge him then. He took advantage of Arteta failing which is what good managers do.

Arteta will not have an easier path to top 4 and couldn't even manage that , both Sp**s and United changed their managers during the season meanwhile we were 2.5 years into this 'project' and he still can't manage to finish above Sp**s.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Arteta created too much of a dichotomy between his favoured and non favoured players. There have always been certain individuals he was reluctant to use and would sub off immediately after a mistake, or play out of position while others got away with repeated mediocrity. It’s giving Koeman at Barca.

Over the past 2 windows we’ve allowed Bellerin, Willock, Saliba, Torreira, Guendouzi, Aubameyang, Chambers, Kolasinac and Maitland Niles to leave. What do all have in common? A long spell of not even a sniff of playing for Arsenal after having become accustomed to regular appearances.

One game a week or not, you cannot disenfranchise such a large group of your squad like that. We’ve also written off a chunky amount of book value on them. Losing Partey, Tomiyasu and KT near the end proved fatal but it didn’t need to be.

SA Gunner

I think this season's collapse is worse IMO, because it wasnt a one off performance that went wrong on the day. Once off poor performances happen, and as hard it is to take, is a part of football.

This season's collapse started with the Sp**s away performance. We should not have gone there and tried to play our game against them. You can stick to your principles, that's noble and great, but its naïve and stupid with such a big chance to get back to the CL. Especially with an excellent Newcastle away being the very next matchday.

We put ourselves in a super position and then threw it away. That is on Arteta, and those who support him know this.

SA Gunner

Why? the situations are different.

Arteta has been the manager for over 2.5 years now with huge amounts of financial backing and has a dictator like power over the club and it's decisions. He bottled the top 4 race massively , even achieving top 4 would be a base minimum achievement not an 'overachievement' considering the backing and time he has been given.

Conte finished 4th partly because he took over a team with a world class attack but otherwise not so great players and got them firing again AND because Arteta bottled it. He came in halfway through the season had 1 transfer window and no one was saying he needs 25 transfer windows and 1.5 billion of investment to really see his team and judge him then. He took advantage of Arteta failing which is what good managers do.

Arteta will not have an easier path to top 4 and couldn't even manage that , both Sp**s and United changed their managers during the season meanwhile we were 2.5 years into this 'project' and he still can't manage to finish above Sp**s.

Consider the following....

A Man United team that underperformed this season.
An Arsenal that collapsed at the end of this season, from a very strong position.
A West Ham team that couldnt keep up this season.
A Wolves team that couldnt keep up this season.

Add to that Conte running away from the Conference League, exiting domestic cups early, to get to playing one game a week.

What does being at the club for 2.5 years, having spent 150m+ in the market, and other things you say Arteta has done got to do with the following I've just stated?

This is exactly what we were saying when Arsenal were pushing for a CL finish. Every other team and their manager were allowing this, and we were playing one game a week. Why does it not apply now?

SA Gunner

Its true :lol:

And he whined on top of all of that saying he isnt good enough.... then had the gall to talk about Arteta and he should stop whining FFS. Then reportedly offers his services to PSG, Odemwingie style.

SA Gunner

but if that's true then what were we doing? :lol:

How can you get at Conte for this?

I've said that Conte deserves credit for a job well done. I said this in the Spud thread...

He has done a great job with Sp**s and deserves all the credit coming to him. Got lucky with our slip ups in the end but that’s football.

Is he the answer for Sp**s, well if he stays there for the next few years he can turn them into a serious, consistent top four team for sure.

My beef is that we dont seem to have the same energy we have with Arteta. Its everyone's else's **** ups that had us challenging for 4th, Arteta's **** ups getting us playing one game a week and out of the cups early.

With this guy Conte... its his genius for doing the same thing? And whining on top of it all? Nah duck that.

Top Bottom