• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
This. We acted correctly as a club, we believed in him and his ideas, and now is time for results. We have to be ruthless if it does not work, 3 years and the amount of investment we saw are more than enough reasons to have a good ride next season. And by good ride, I mean getting a trophy and CL football, like in the old days.

I believe that for once the club has made a good thing by sticking with someone that had a project and tried to revamp our brand. The foundations are there, so now we need to act like a big club.

Hopefully, the club already has a plan B so if necessary the transition is organized and does not imply completely changing the direction we are currently going.

It is the first time in years that if you look at our starting eleven (bar striker) it is hard to tell where we can easily improve. The team as a whole looks solid and reliable, together and ready for a fight. Yes, people don't like Xhaka so you can argue a midfielder can be bought but he had a fantastic season and I don't mind him starting the week in and out next to Thomas.

He has built a team. It is time to deliver.
He built a team where El Neny and Cedric decided our CL after 280 million and competing in a sole competition. We can easily improve in midfield and striker.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Yeah, was it the League Cup they won and we got to a Champions League final and finished above them every year investing the sum total of £4m on players, whilst they spent £130m according to Transfermarkt figures. 😂

The context of his post, meant that he already thought this...you didn't need to bring out the big guns here 🤣

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
He built a team where El Neny and Cedric decided our CL after 280 million and competing in a sole competition. We can easily improve in midfield and striker.
but they are backup players that needed to step up due to injury. I am talking about starting eleven, Arsenal has been moaning for 4 positions for 7 seasons now. I don't hear people saying our defense is an issue, that we can improve our wingers or creative players. Yes, we are going to need solid depth now that we are playing Europe football, but you can even argue that gambling on keeping Moh and believing in Cedric paid off, they have been very strong performers when played.

Kwaku

We can improve all over the pitch. This team finished 5th. If any position can get improved then I am all for it. The club needs to be ruthless and demand that players compete for places.

D

Deleted member 102404

The problem Mikel built in for himself is that he waited so long before truly starting the revamp of the squad.
I actually think it was only the end of last season that he realised that what we had was never going anywhere - certainly not top 4, never mind challenging for top honours.
I can understand it though - 1st year manager not wanting to totally revamp the squad in year 1.
The result though is he's been here for 2.5 years, with probably the first year getting used to management.
Whether we should ever have gone for a rookie manager is another question of course, but now we seem to be on the up (and we are), FINALLY with an approach to shred the dross we have had in the team for years, I am happy enough the manager has another 3 years to complete the job he's started.
Next year is big for him though - no top 4 next year = no job the year after.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, was it the League Cup they won and we got to a Champions League final and finished above them every year investing the sum total of £4m on players, whilst they spent £130m according to Transfermarkt figures. 😂

Yeah, kind of the opposite of what's been happening recently. There are so many similarities to be made between the job Poch did and Wenger in the Emirates years.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Pretty easy to see there are no Arteta Out banners nor planes flying over the stadium during our matches. But, the angry man on the internet is trying to claim the sentiment leans towards Arteta Out? Lmao.
Also, not likely to see any planes, protests, boycotts and the like, because fans learnt a very hard lesson in going backwards the last time they tried that.

Although having said that, when your average position in the league has been 7th over the last 3 seasons, it‘s hard drop much further back for a club spending so much. 😂

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
It depends on what people value on the FA Cup trophy.

Since 2016/17, we won 2 Fa Cup trophy but 0 CL qualification Vs Sp**s no trophy but qualify CL 4 times and one CL final...

I would trade FA Cup for qualifying for CL consistenly, would you? In that sense on my point of view, Sp**s are ahead of us for sure.

We are too big of a club to be contented with only winning Fa cup and not qualifying for CL. FA Cup should only matter to us when we are chasing for the double. It's a compliment to add to League title. I find it overwhelming to finish outside top 4 and having FA Cup as "consolation" for our season and then telling ppl we are better than Sp**s because we won some trophy.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOl NO
because in 100 years we are going to talk about how many times a team qualified to compete in a trophy instead of how many trophies have been won.
I mean please, a club is big because it wins things.
you create history by winning stuff not by making money.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Mikel's big mistake, was how badly he handled the 2020/2021 season.

After winning the FA cup, this season is the season we should have had next...but he was all over the place, tbh.

Got the keeper situation wrong, froze out Özil without bring in a 10, team/formation was changed too much, etc...there were so many mistakes last season, to finish 8th was truly awful.

We are a year behind schedule, feel that's why most fans are annoyed.

Fabregasm

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOl NO
because in 100 years we are going to talk about how many times a team qualified to compete in a trophy instead of how many trophies have been won.
I mean please, a club is big because it wins things.
you create history by winning stuff not by making money.

So you gonna be happy with winning FA Cup every couple of season and finish 5th or 8th that kind of position the next 10 seasons?

Compared to CL almost every season playing among the big boys. Qualifying for CL means we are near competitiveness for title and more good run of results in the league in long run.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Anyone find it funny how despite all the

only city have more points since x
3rd in the league for ___ since ____
Top of the league since Christmas etc etc.

We've finished 5th. :lol:

Yeah, the Tetasexuals abandoned that nonsense quickly. This is a common theme under Arteta: Abandonment. He told Willian that we would win CL in three years, he said that 5th wouldnt be progress and now he say that 5th is progress. A new stance every week depending on his latest failure and his repulsive fans swallow it all.

D

Deleted member 102404

Also, not likely to see any planes, protests, boycotts and the like, because fans learnt a very hard lesson in going backwards the last time they tried that.

Although having said that, when your average position in the league has been 7th over the last 3 seasons, it‘s hard drop much further back for a club spending so much. 😂

'Average position of 7th'?
Good grief - that must be the most meaningless stat I have ever seen.
We're 5th.
Good but not great.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Mikel's big mistake, was how badly he handled the 2020/2021 season.

After winning the FA cup, this season is the season we should have had next...but he was all over the place, tbh.

Got the keeper situation wrong, froze out Özil without bring in a 10, team/formation was changed too much, etc...there were so many mistakes last season, to finish 8th was truly awful.

We are a year behind schedule, feel that's why most fans are annoyed.
yep, if this season was 20/21, I think everyone would be behind Mikel now. Edteta completely botched that window with signings like Willian, Cedric full time etc. Partey was a good signing but was always injured. Covid probably didn't help though with the transfers.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Pretty easy to see there are no Arteta Out banners nor planes flying over the stadium during our matches. But, the angry man on the internet is trying to claim the sentiment leans towards Arteta Out? Lmao.

Thought the recent Tuesday Club broke it down pretty well & echos what I hear from by dads group that still go.

You have their generation & above that are a bit tired, bit disillusioned but willing to buy in when performances merit it. Then the 'Ashburton Grove' younger guys fully into this project & very invested.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom