• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

All Conte has done has just exposed Arteta, much like Aubemeyang exposed Arteta, plus Guendouzi and Saliba also exposing Arteta. More and more exposures but Arteta has an uncanny ability to shrug them off or make it look like it's not him.

Fine, if Conte is a piece of sh*t manager then so be it, but atleast as a forum can we acknowledge that he got that half a season excuse the f*ck out of here :lol:

Cause I remember a lot of guys exonerating Arteta of all blame for his first season here since he joined midway, but as we can all see it can be done.
Probably going to be Eddie Howe next (if he hasn't exposed Mikel already) and maybe Ten Haag too. Would love for Pepe to have an excellent loan/transfer too.

We need as many examples as possible because people's heads are buried deeper than I thought possible.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

yep, if this season was 20/21, I think everyone would be behind Mikel now. Edteta completely botched that window with signings like Willian, Cedric full time etc. Partey was a good signing but was always injured. Covid probably didn't help though with the transfers.

A typical Tetasexual. Whenever you say something slightly critical about the weirdo in charge you must finish it with an excuse. Covid affected all clubs, stop using it ffs.

D

Deleted member 102404

We are Arsenal. 5th is not good at all.
Well it's better than we've done on average during our history 🤪

5th is actually good for where we are as a club (unfortunately).
We're in transition - which should have started a long time ago well before Arteta but never did.
If we have a good summer , I am pretty confident we'll be back in the CL after next year.
Still much more to do in terms of a title challenge, however.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Well it's better than we've done on average during our history 🤪

5th is actually good for where we are as a club (unfortunately).
We're in transition - which should have started a long time ago well before Arteta but never did.
If we have a good summer , I am pretty confident we'll be back in the CL after next year.
Still much more to do in terms of a title challenge, however.

5th wasnt acceptable for Wenger or Emery so its definitely not acceptable for Teta.

D

Deleted member 102404

yep, if this season was 20/21, I think everyone would be behind Mikel now. Edteta completely botched that window with signings like Willian, Cedric full time etc. Partey was a good signing but was always injured. Covid probably didn't help though with the transfers.

Agree on 20/21.
Why they thought they could polish the turd of a squad we had and add the players they did is baffling.
The only route forward was to bite the bullet and rebuild after the FA Cup win. Maybe because we defended our way to that trophy they thought they could make it work.

It was a year wasted - and Arteta only realised in Dec 2020 the absolute mess the squad was.

D

Deleted member 102404

5th wasnt acceptable for Wenger or Emery so its definitely not acceptable for Teta.

That's because of the recency of being in the top 4 so regularly.
I am afraid that rebuilding the squad and taking the approach we have with young players means that 5th IS good.
We've not been a top 4 side for 6 years.
Cold hard truth. We're not yet good enough for top 4.
However, what we have now is a team that looks to be on the up - not one that looks to be headed nowhere with a bunch of players who couldn't give a damn.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Agree on 20/21.
Why they thought they could polish the turd of a squad we had and add the players they did is baffling.
The only route forward was to bite the bullet and rebuild after the FA Cup win. Maybe because we defended our way to that trophy they thought they could make it work.

It was a year wasted - and Arteta only realised in Dec 2020 the absolute mess the squad was.

The rebuild and "youth project" started in june 2020 according to Edu. So you are wrong unless the technical director lied to the fans.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Mikel's big mistake, was how badly he handled the 2020/2021 season.

After winning the FA cup, this season is the season we should have had next...but he was all over the place, tbh.

Got the keeper situation wrong, froze out Özil without bring in a 10, team/formation was changed too much, etc...there were so many mistakes last season, to finish 8th was truly awful.

We are a year behind schedule, feel that's why most fans are annoyed.

Hmm yeah but for me it's not only the 20/21 season. I think my biggest problem with Arteta (and this has been spoken about to death) is his man management which has led to what I believe are mistakes with our signings.

And when I say mistakes I don't even mean bad signings, but we need to be like ultra instinct levels of efficient in the transfer market.

So far can you really claim that with Arteta and Edu?

What I'd really have loved him to have done, is to have sat down and really thought about the components of the team we could've kept and how to keep people included.

Pepe isn't perfect but is useful, could we have used Marvo? Could Guendouzi have been resolved peacefully. Couldn't AMN have been managed a little bit better?

Why not settle with having Auba and give it a really good go at getting him to work as striker. Again sorry to drag it up but you don't honestly believe we couldn't have convinced Emi Martinez to stay?

Instead it's like we've let these players go without real real real trying to get them to work and we've had to spend a substantial amount of money bringing in certain mandem to replace them.

I suppose Arteta prefers yes men, but we still collapsed when it mattered in a way that's soo eerily similar to some collapses in the past.

Perhaps it's less about culture, and just down to plain quality and if we've got components that have quality but we let them go without proper consideration then we shoot ourselves in the foot.

D

Deleted member 102404

The rebuild and "youth project" started in june 2020 according to Edu. So you are wrong unless the technical director lied to the fans.

I wonder if you have always agreed with everything else Edu said - or whether you pick and choose?
If we started at the beginning of the 20 season with the youth project one wonders why we bought Willian???:no:

We didn't really make the switch in strategy till dec 2020 - half way through the 20/21 season.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Hmm yeah but for me it's not only the 20/21 season. I think my biggest problem with Arteta (and this has been spoken about to death) is his man management which has led to what I believe are mistakes with our signings.

And when I say mistakes I don't even mean bad signings, but we need to be like ultra instinct levels of efficient in the transfer market.

So far can you really claim that with Arteta and Edu?

What I'd really have loved him to have done, is to have sat down and really thought about the components of the team we could've kept and how to keep people included.

Pepe isn't perfect but is useful, could we have used Marvo? Could Guendouzi have been resolved peacefully. Couldn't AMN have been managed a little bit better?

Why not settle with having Auba and give it a really good go at getting him to work as striker. Again sorry to drag it up but you don't honestly believe we couldn't have convinced Emi Martinez to stay?

Instead it's like we've let these players go without real real real trying to get them to work and we've had to spend a substantial amount of money bringing in certain mandem to replace them.

I suppose Arteta prefers yes men, but we still collapsed when it mattered in a way that's soo eerily similar to some collapses in the past.

Perhaps it's less about culture, and just down to plain quality and if we've got components that have quality but we let them go without proper consideration then we shoot ourselves in the foot.

The man cant solve conflicts. A typical narcissist.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

I wonder if you have always agreed with everything else Edu said - or whether you pick and choose?
If we started at the beginning of the 20 season with the youth project one wonders why we bought Willian???:no:

We didn't really make the switch in strategy till dec 2020 - half way through the 20/21 season.

So the technical director lied to the fans?

Latest posts

Top Bottom