• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I myself am rooting for Edu somewhat. Bias from his invincible days maybe, but admittedly he did inherit some bs.

Things like the Auba situation doesn’t leave him a lot of wiggle room too, luckily Auba did his part and his reputation was semi intact.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Don't be ridiculous, I don't speak to downstairs staff. I have a butler to do that.

No doubt they're all equipped with air-recycling masks to prevent them from breathing the same air as their mistress.

If that's not the case, I'd be very disappointed :lol:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I'm 50/50 on Edu, think he's probably a bit of a chancer.

A lot of those 11 players we were never getting money for though, either pay them off or let them hang around till their contracts expired.

The likes of Özil, Kola, Mustafi, Sokratis, Mkhi and even Torreira now, were on ludicrous contracts and most of them weren't budging an inch until they got paid up in full one way or another.

Auba and Willian I put on Arteta but the rest Edu had a thankless task trying to clear up messes made by others. We'd thrown around silly money to some bang average players.

Why do people always forget that Edu was part of Sanlehi's gang. That whatever mistakes were made then, Edu had a hand in.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

I myself am rooting for Edu somewhat. Bias from his invincible days maybe, but admittedly he did inherit some bs.

Things like the Auba situation doesn’t leave him a lot of wiggle room too, luckily Auba did his part and his reputation was semi intact.

Why would you do that? He's just as culpable as any in this feckless administration!

Sacking him will allow us to recruit a real DoF.

Not one who plays the role as a hobby break from his real occupation of grillmaster :lol:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Why would you do that? He's just as culpable as any in this feckless administration!

Sacking him will allow us to recruit a real DoF.

Not one who plays the role as a hobby break from his real occupation of grillmaster :lol:

I’m all for his exit but it’s not happening.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

I’m all for his exit but it’s not happening.

Ultimately, he's a puppet, no matter how dangerous he is.

The true authority rests with Arteta.

Edu shall bow to the next manager's will too.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Auba and Willian I put on Arteta but the rest Edu had a thankless task trying to clear up messes made by others. We'd thrown around silly money to some bang average players.
And we’re still doing it In this regime. Mari, Cedric, Runarsson, Auba, Willian . . . all crazy contracts. I know it’s a popular myth that Arteta‘s clearing up Wenger and Unai’s sh!t, but neither of those came 8th twice. He’s cleaning up his own sh!t currently.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

One of the greatest tricks Arteta has pulled is to convince the fans that the squad he had upon taking over were/are all shocking (even though he clearly didn't think it at the time with his winning champions league in 3 yrs comment :lol:), helps justify finishing 8th and failing to reach CL as he needs time to "rebuild" to the tune of 100s of millions.

Meanwhile a elite manager like Conte comes in, makes no excuses, does not ask for 100s of millions and years and gets 4th the first time of asking.
It’s a sign of the times. A few slogans on social media and people and fall for it. Trump’s ‘Make America great again’, Johnson’s ‘Get Brexit done’ and Arteta’s ‘Clearing up Wenger’s sh!t’ all good examples of thousands shooting themselves in the foot, like lemmings.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Could have sworn Edu engineered his own lack of wiggle room by giving Auba a massive contract . . . just before his manager decided he didn’t want to work with him.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

just so we're clear on the bet - you're betting that Sp**s finish above Arsenal next season? If so, £100 is fine for me.
You do realise Conte’s done in his first try what Arteta failed to do in three attempts.

There’s always people willing to bet on outsiders.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Could have sworn Edu engineered his own lack of wiggle room by giving Auba a massive contract . . . just before his manager decided he didn’t want to work with him.
It was repeatedly reported that Arteta pushed for it.

Extending Auba seemed like a no brainer at the time, one of the very few times the majority of the fanbase agreed on something.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Of course, all those fans who said top 4 wasn't good enough will be ecstatic. Expectations are on a different level these days.

It's a reflection of what people think the manager is capable of. Winning the league is no longer on people's agenda.
Well its good we don't have a delusional fanbase if that's the case

We haven't been top 4 since we came 2nd in 15/16, got people think a magic man can come in and turn a garbage squad into title contenders spending the same amount as everyone else in 1-2 seasons :lol: completely unrealistic

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Extending Auba seemed like a no brainer at the time, one of the very few times the majority of the fanbase agreed on something.
Strange that. They’re all agreeing now that he was washed up and Arteta was right to ditch him.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten
Top Bottom