• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Yeah, I’m saying Sp**s finish above Arsenal. Let’s go.
Dwight Office Tv GIF by The Office

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
This is insane mate, I haven't seen fans twerking that much for a nobody at coaching, who hasn't done **** in his career.

I really wonder where all this crazy and unjustified hype comes from. I'm really curious. Is it just because he was Pep's assistant?

The level of bullshit and mental gymnastic I read everyday to excuse Mikel is really unprecedented :eyess:
Just shows how powerful media and PR is, it’s mostly from the Athletic and popular podcasts like Arseblog and Arsenalvision treating him with kid gloves.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Arteta fans...what are you league position expectations? If no Top 4...he is gone right?

The ability to finish 3rd is there, because we play a good system which can get good performances out of our players, even the ones who were known to struggle (Nketiah, Xhaka, Elneny).

The problem is quality and depth. Sure we have spent a lot of money, but needed and still need to bridge the gap to the top sides. If we dont keep adding to the team, then we are going to struggle to beat all of Chelsea, Sp**s, United over a season, regardless of how well we play as a unit.

As its stands now, I think we would finish 5th.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
The ability to finish 3rd is there, because we play a good system which can get good performances out of our players, even the ones who were known to struggle (Nketiah, Xhaka, Elneny).

The problem is quality and depth. Sure we have spent a lot of money, but needed and still need to bridge the gap to the top sides. If we dont keep adding to the team, then we are going to struggle to beat Chelsea, Sp**s, United over a season, regardless of how well we play as a unit.
Why not answer the question.

One sentence. We surely cannot go 4 seasons in the leaugue without CL qualification.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's amazing seeing people be ultra ambitious with the players but not so much with the management.
That's what irks me. The two previous managers weren't afforded this luxury. The fans expected them to win regardless of the quality of players at their disposal. But with Arteta, people just trip over themselves to rationalize his failures even after substantial investment.

SA Gunner

Why not answer the question.

One sentence. We surely cannot go 4 seasons in the leaugue without CL qualification.

Yes we can miss out again... its very possible and likely too.

SA Gunner

This is insane mate, I haven't seen fans twerking that much for a nobody at coaching, who hasn't done **** in his career.

I really wonder where all this crazy and unjustified hype comes from. I'm really curious. Is it just because he was Pep's assistant?

The level of bullshit and mental gymnastic I read everyday to excuse Mikel is really unprecedented :eyess:

You need to ask more questions... like how a whole football club is willing to back this same nobody to the tune of hundreds of millions, with no signs of stopping. Seemingly buying the same players in the same positions, over and over.

What are we missing here?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No. The season after 5th place will get you CL, so the club will support him for that.
Yeah, almost impossible not to get CL next year unless Hag hits the ground running and fixes all United‘s problems in his first season, and Conte, Tuchel, Pep and Klopp continue their dominance of Tets.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
That's what irks me. The two previous managers weren't afforded this luxury. The fans expected them to win regardless of the quality of players at their disposal. But with Arteta, people just trip over themselves to rationalize his failures even after substantial investment.

Yeah amazing how Mikel still got the support from the fanbase even though we had repeated and extended period of time when the football was dire, and the results were so bad.
And those same fans were so fast to turn against Emery. He got killed for missing top 4 by one point and losing the EL final, whereas the dude had a harder job than Arteta imo; he didn't get the player HE asked for, the club was a mess he was in the middle of a power struggle between Raul & co, he didn't get the support from the club on Özil, he had to take the team after our most successful manager ever.

And I'm fine with it, he wasn't the right guy for the job, it happens.

But what Arteta has done to get such a free pass by most of the fanbase, pundits & medias?
I feel like they're seeing something in him I don't see. The football has been meh, the results have been bad, we're spending like an oil club and it felt like we're just going sideways.

I just look at my twitter feed, blogs on Arsenal or go on r/gunners, the amount of circle jerking around Mikel is astonishing and at the same time disgusting.

The irony is that Conte just trashed all the apologists excuses, the dude didn't have his team, didn't have a proper pre season, got a few players in january and got the job done.
Whereas Arteta needs 3 years and spending like an oil club to change 70% of the squad, and he gambles our season by not getting anybody in January, it backfires but somehow he gets a free pass for it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yeah, almost impossible not to get CL next year unless Hag hits the ground running and fixes all United‘s problems in his first season, even if Conte, Tuchel, Pep and Klopp continue their dominance of Tets.
If Arteta gets 6th, as I expect then there is no way you can sack him as the season after 5th gets you CL. So they’ll fund him more for that push for 5th.

These CL changes really do secure his job for a good few years now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom