• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Nobody should really be scared of a 33 year old Aubameyang, but I think it speaks volumes about Mikel's tenure here that his fans are nervous.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Not a fan of the negative emoji's tbh, but that's just me as a person. Feel like some use it as a cheap way to disagree with someone without having to give their own point of view. I don't think I've ever given a thumbs down, clown or facepalm reaction to anyone, probably because I don't care all that much anyone can say what they want. But also I don't like transmitting negative energy toward others. If you give off negative energy you'll get it back tenfold.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Also not a fan of belittling other posters or commenting on them on a personal level (apart from joking about), I really don't get it at all, it's a forum discussing a bunch of guys running about after a ball, it's not that deep.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Also not a fan of belittling other posters or commenting on them on a personal level (apart from joking about), I really don't get it at all, it's a forum discussing a bunch of guys running about after a ball, it's not that deep.
The personal ones are those getting over excited at the possibility of top 4 again, after years of telling us it was abject failure.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Mikel Arteta compiled a dossier of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s misdemeanours before banishing the striker from his first-team squad — defying pressure from senior figures at Arsenal to keep him in the fold.

The Arsenal manager made detailed notes about the incidents, including times and dates, building up evidence before dropping Aubameyang and stripping him of the captaincy for multiple disciplinary breaches in December last year.

Arteta did not relent, despite the likes of Edu, Arsenal’s technical director, urging him to give Aubameyang another chance, and the club terminated his contract, worth £350,000 a week, by paying him about £7 million before he joined Barcelona as a free agent in February. Arsenal were left with one fewer senior striker and went on to finish outside the ChampionsLeague places.

Arteta initially defended his decision to sideline Aubameyang at a press conference, following which he told one of the club’s communications staff that he had kept evidence. The sequence was caught in the Amazon Prime Video documentary All Or Nothing, the next three episodes of which will be released on Thursday.

“That is why I have everything documented with the dates, the times . . . how it happened, why it happened . . . because if one day it is needed . . . ” Arteta said. “He has been late, apart from all the issues, many times. The club has got a tradition. When you get paid that much money . . . ”

During a conference call, one of the club’s lawyers is seen telling Edu and Richard Garlick, Arsenal’s director of football operations, that they were legally “on the back foot” for exiling Aubameyang from training. She asked whether the club had more evidence beyond him returning from France a day late after visiting his unwell mother. Garlick replied: “Mikel has a file, a catalogue of misdemeanours he has had which has culminated in this,” to which the lawyer replied: “It is not perfect.”

Edu admitted that it was “not easy” to support Arteta because Aubameyang scored goals (92 in 163 games for the club) and was well liked by the players. He told Vinai Venkatesham, the Arsenal chief executive: “We have to talk to Aubameyang and to Mikel. He has to come back to the squad and help us until the end of the season.” Venkatesham agreed. “We are going to have to reintegrate him. We have to,” he said.

Arteta made his final decision because he looked into Aubameyang’s eyes and felt the “trust” was not there between them. The striker travelled to Barcelona to seal his transfer — something the club only learnt from social media posts. Arsenal were told by one of Aubameyang’s representatives that the player was in Barcelona for a “private” reason and because his father lived there. Edu responded: “So we live in Disneyworld?”

Hoooo boy @Macho
Crazy that he fought so hard to banish him but then didn’t get any blowback for bottling fourth?

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He stopped scoring at an unsustainable rate and Mikel decided he wanted a shiny new toy but we had to get rid of Auba first.

Partey still playing tells you all you need to know.
Bingo.

The behaviour and culture is merely marketing and a convenient justification when needed, it really comes down to whether you further Arteta's ambitions or not.

Auba did not, end of. He's been late to things for years and years and the hierarchy pressuring Arteta to work with him tells me all I need to know. Very interesting seeing what riles up the fanbase and what doesn't.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Feel bad for that rygura guy, whose only contribution to the forum was sending them clown emojis

:lol: :lol:

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

:lol: :lol:

He didnt send a clown emoji to that post, the coward.

isop

Not sure if it's been posted in here yet:

Is Aubameyang really a disruptive character?​

Sky Sports News senior reporter Melissa Reddy:

"A lot of people who know Aubameyang would say they have nothing negative to say about how he conducts himself, just that he can be a little bit tardy, not that he's disruptive on purpose or tries to bend the rules.

"It's just part of his character, he's a bit flamboyant. And he was actually quite popular in the dressing room.

"I understand Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta was trying to create a culture of excellence and he couldn't have somebody - especially the captain and a senior player at the club - consistently flouting the rules.

"So he had to make a stand there and the direction he wanted to move in was to go with a younger squad.

"Thomas Tuchel has said in the past he's got nothing but happy memories of the player and that he enjoyed their time together.

"Jurgen Klopp has also called him a lovely player, warm-hearted and a great guy.

"It makes sense for Chelsea."

Macho

Dusted 🔻

The club is a lot less comical if you just focus purely on what’s on the pitch. Just have to drop the rest of it out.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Not sure if it's been posted in here yet:

Nothing that we don’t already know.

Auba is the classic cheeky kid in class that isn’t actually bad. You punish him, maybe you strip him of the captaincy (he’s the type of character to understand why he’s been stripped or not take it to heart) but you don’t need to exclude him at all.

Gabriel came out and said that everybody liked Auba. Don’t let the PR assassinate his character.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

The club is a lot less comical if you just focus purely on what’s on the pitch. Just have to drop the rest of it out.
Nothing that we don’t already know.

Auba is the classic cheeky kid in class that isn’t actually bad. You punish him, maybe you strip him of the captaincy (he’s the type of character to understand why he’s been stripped or not take it to heart) but you don’t need to exclude him at all.

Gabriel came out and said that everybody liked Auba. Don’t let the PR assassinate his character.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom