• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Kane looked like dogshit for months before Conte came in, had something like one goal in four months. Lloris is reliable in that you can always count on him to **** up at some point.

Sp**s are nothing special at all, arguing otherwise is admitting you're looking for excuses for Arteta if we're fully honest.
He had done boys in here saying Kane was finished etc even he’d just come off a WC and then got his dream move scuppered, leaving him at odds with the fans and generally in the mud. Him starting to score again had zero to do with Conte. He didn’t suddenly become sheight over night

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
He had done boys in here saying Kane was finished etc even he’d just come off a WC and then got his dream move scuppered, leaving him at odds with the fans and generally in the mud. Him starting to score again had zero to do with Conte. He didn’t suddenly become sheight over night
You're on the piss again aren't you? None of what you're saying contradicts or even pertains to what I've said.

The point is Kane was poor for long stretches of the season, the Arteta büms here would have you know having him in their team basically already elevates them above ours as a whole.

Arsenal4life14

Not sure if you're taking the piss. But the narrative you and certain man tried to push on this forum was that Auba was a disruptive character and was poisonous to the dressing room but now his former manager who is one of the best in the world and who has actually tried to sign him has actually hailed his personality.

It's why I posted the tweet but as always you and your ilk ignored it because it doesn't fit with the propaganda and coordinated campaign the campaign the club and manager ran against him about him being a disruptive influence and whatnot.
To be fair Tuchel and Klopp managed Auba at a much different time in his career, He certainly wasn't earning 350k a week and he wasn't in his 30s either. A lot of players can change their attitude and not care as much when coming towards the end of their career, I'm not saying Auba did that but you cant compare his stint for managers he played for 5+ years ago, people change.

I don't buy into the whole thing about him being really disruptive though, You can tell he has a very jokingly personality and sometimes that can come across as not taking it seriously. But I'm sure he was very liked in the dressing room.

Both parties are to blame in my opinion, of course Arteta probably could have handled the situation better but Auba didn't help himself either especially if it's true and that their have been multiple occasions turning up late.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You're on the piss again aren't you? None of what you're saying contradicts or even pertains to what I've said.

The point is Kane was poor for long stretches of the season, the Arteta büms here would have you know having him in their team basically already elevates them above ours as a whole.
Firsty, that opening line of mine was horrendous. Nobody ‘done boys in here’ —that was this ****ing phone changing **** after I’d typed it. Well nobody that I know of anyway, but I’ve got my suspicions.

Ok your post initially read like you were on Conte’s nuts for getting Kane to score but I’ll let you off there. I took it out of context. One Budvar deep btw. I’m doing alright. Saving myself for a big afternoon down Canary Wharf tomorrow. If I don’t post late Saturday evening , I’ll have definitely drowned in the basin outside the whetherspoon 👍🏼

shoot for the top

I'm not disregarding the fact that Arteta made Auba Captain, I'm simply saying the blame goes both ways. This isn't just an Arteta blame game. If you think it's an OK thing for a Captain to turn up late on multiple occasions and get away with it what sort of culture do you want at the club?

Arteta and the club were well within their rights to turn Aubas request down to visit his family in the first place and for him then to come back a day later than he was supposed to just screams he didn't give a **** unless he had a valid reason for coming back late which Arteta clearly didn't think so.

I'm not even a massive fan of Arteta to be honest but on this particular subject Auba has to take some of the blame too.
If I was playing for a team that was creating 19th in big chances I would want to leave too.

Reactions: Kav

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
We had Auba ffs, that’s a 1 in 2 guy. Better defenders, better mids, they have nobody that can touch Partey.

Better bench strength. They were also in turmoil.

Partey wasn't playing though. Him going down again at the start of April coincided with a 3 game losing streak. Your backups were and are ****ing terrible for his position.

I also find Tottenham's midfield is generally extremely underrated, especially on here. I'm not sure I'd conclusively say you have a better midfield, especially not with the unreliability of Partey's fitness etc. Højbjerg is easily on par if not better than Xhaka, albeit different of course.

Considering they're only playing 2 centrals mids, I'd actually argue they're on par right now. Højbjerg and Bentancur vs. Xhaka and Partey. If you want to bring in Kulusevski to make it a 3 and compare him to Ødegaard, I think they might actually win that battle, at least on last season's form.

In any case, their attacking options were so far ahead of yours last season that it certainly shifted the overall quality of the two squads in their favour imo. That doesn't excuse the collapse at the end of course, that was likely down to lack of experience from both the manager and the players, but they did bring in a better and more experienced manager and supported him heavily in the January window. Combine that with genuine world class quality up front, an acceptable defense and a solid midfield, and it's easy to see how they overtook you in the end.

And quite honestly, I expect them to finish above you this season again. They simply just have a better squad and did great business in the summer. Levels above on the manager front as well.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Partey wasn't playing though. Him going down again at the start of April coincided with a 3 game losing streak. Your backups were and are ****ing terrible for his position.

I also find Tottenham's midfield is generally extremely underrated, especially on here. I'm not sure I'd conclusively say you have a better midfield, especially not with the unreliability of Partey's fitness etc. Højbjerg is easily on par if not better than Xhaka, albeit different of course.

Considering they're only playing 2 centrals mids, I'd actually argue they're on par right now. Højbjerg and Bentancur vs. Xhaka and Partey. If you want to bring in Kulusevski to make it a 3 and compare him to Ødegaard, I think they might actually win that battle, at least on last season's form.

In any case, their attacking options were so far ahead of yours last season that it certainly shifted the overall quality of the two squads in their favour imo. That doesn't excuse the collapse at the end of course, that was likely down to lack of experience from both the manager and the players, but they did bring in a better and more experienced manager and supported him heavily in the January window. Combine that with genuine world class quality up front, an acceptable defense and a solid midfield, and it's easy to see how they overtook you in the end.

And quite honestly, I expect them to finish above you this season again. They simply just have a better squad and did great business in the summer. Levels above on the manager front as well.
Lad, erase that last paragraph and post it again. You were doing so well. It’s like you were struck down with Tourette’s ffs.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

@Dokaka

Always assumed you supported West Ham, no? Or is that tag line just for bants?

Just a bit curious as I wouldn’t be putting that much effort on a rivals forum especially when our next game against West Ham is on Boxing Day.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
To be fair Tuchel and Klopp managed Auba at a much different time in his career
Nah. I'm not having that. Auba was also late during his Dortmund days. So the "he started coming late after his bif contract" is clear codswallop. He's always been late. Arteta knew this before he handed him the contract. iirc, Arteta begged him to sign it. Klopp and Tuchel never had any problem with Auba and they've all had positive stuff to say about him.

From all account Arteta will have gotten along with Auba if he hadn't lost form.

Certain man who is our best midfielder still gets to play after being accused of an egregious offence.

If Arteta wanted him gone because of his bad form and was upfront about it, most people wont have any issues. But him using this culture bullshit to try and paint him bad and bin him when he could have actually habdled it diplomatically like Edu suggested.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
@Dokaka

Always assumed you supported West Ham, no? Or is that tag line just for bants?

Just a bit curious as I wouldn’t be putting that much effort on a rivals forum especially when our next game against West Ham is on Boxing Day.
The guy is a proper weirdo. Comes here to súck Arteta off and slag off Wenger.

I don't know what his deal is.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arteta's wife... "Even when we have holidays in the summer, he can't stop his coaching...there will be people playing on the beach, and he will start playing/yelling at them!"

Felt sorry for her here, tbh.

Mikel just can't keep his work and family separate, every family holiday with him be like...

...poor woman.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Have definitely heard that we can't compete because we don't have Kane and Son way too many times

That's just a lame variation of give Emery his fullbacks/give Arteta the 23 players he wants anyway
So you might be misreading what I have said, Im not saying we could compete but saying that Conte was working with a very average squad is completely untrue. Yes he has a lot of average players, but he also has 2 of the best forwards in the world atm. What Arteta had to work with and what Conte had to work with are completely different. Conte has to supplement, Arteta has had to clear out a lot of players, he definitely took a hack and slash approach but hopefully it will now pay dividends.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Arteta's wife... "Even when we have holidays in the summer, he can't stop his coaching...there will be people playing on the beach, and he will start playing/yelling at them!"

Felt sorry for her here, tbh.

Mikel just can't keep his work and family separate, every family holiday with him be like...

...poor woman.
Ladies and Gentlemen England will be playing 4 4 f**cking 2, loved the movie

Latest posts+

Top Bottom