• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's almost unheard of for a club of our standing to hire a man with no managerial experience to look at but such is the Arsenal way to do things differently.

That said, I have a good feeling about this and am cautiously optimistic that Arteta is the guy to bring us forward. Hoping to see the staff he will bring in.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
i remember there was a video of a training session bettween him and Arsène where they were discussing what was Sagna best position for him to have the proper support in order to hold the ball. from the moment that i saw that leaked video i knew this guy was going to be a coach.

get us a trophy, bring back attacking minded football. We have your back.

CanadianGooner1608

Welcome Home Arteta!

Not the manager I expected, but as usual, will have my backing. Prove me that I was wrong to want Poch instead!

A word of thank you to Freddie as well. He was put in an impossible situation, and did well, considering. His future will be bright, and I hope his future is with us.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Arteta was always going to be an attacking minded coach having been under pep and wenger. I'll be interested to see how he'll set his team defensively and how we'll do off the ball these both we been struggling with for a while.

Think this has already been discussed a lot before and there's a divide in oppinion as to whether our defenders are just ten times worse than anyone elses or merely a victim of a **** setup and a team that has given up on itself.

I certainly belong into the second bracket and we've tackled on the subject of too much space in between the lines of midfield and defense which allows the attacking players to gather too much space ultimately making our defenders look much worse.

So with Arteta, looking to implement a style which allows us to play beautiful football again isn't necessarily exclusive to better defending.
He'll be looking to play a similar system like with City, where, even though obviously much better players, you already gain a lot in quality just by having a setup that no longer allows such wide space between the lines.

Arteta will not shy away from dropping any senior player that doesn't feel like doing as he's been told. Give it 2-3 weeks of training and you'll have our defense looking much more like a top 3-5 side again.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Most of our fans want from us to play attractive football.Enjoy !

giphy.gif
That’s all I want tbh. Watching arsenal have more than 15 mins of playing well.. creating chances... hammering the door down when we need a goal... I can’t even imagine it anymore ... I could cry. I hope so!

pacstud

I hope the fanbase realizes it almost certainly will get/stay worse before it improves. If we are serious about a culture shift we will have to amputate a few parts. Then wait for regrowth.

Pepes blue pill

Think this has already been discussed a lot before and there's a divide in oppinion as to whether our defenders are just ten times worse than anyone elses or merely a victim of a **** setup and a team that has given up on itself.

I certainly belong into the second bracket and we've tackled on the subject of too much space in between the lines of midfield and defense which allows the attacking players to gather too much space ultimately making our defenders look much worse.

So with Arteta, looking to implement a style which allows us to play beautiful football again isn't necessarily exclusive to better defending.
He'll be looking to play a similar system like with City, where, even though obviously much better players, you already gain a lot in quality just by having a setup that no longer allows such wide space between the lines.

Arteta will not shx away from dropping any senior player that doesn't feel like doing as he's been told. Give it 2-3 weeks of training and you'll have our defense looking much more like a top 3-5 side again.

Hope we see players going crazy to win the ball back as soon as it is lost as well

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Just got back home lads.

Any news?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think he has a tough side to him and is very hard working. Big risk, but he seems to have certain maturity in him that should command respect. Having a calling to management for a long time cannot hurt either.

I'm not sure there would have been much better options at this point of the season. The experienced way didn't work with Emery. Now the expectations should be very low, so he has time. Top 4 is seven points away and Chelsea has lost 4 out of 5 last EPL matches.

City might think they can snatch him if he succeeds, but does he have any big strings to them? If he has been Arsenal fan for long time, I think he might be here for the long haul. COYG!

Top Bottom