• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He thinks too much, he needs some of that simple stupidity that Solskjaer has. Just play Auba up front and Pepe out wide, like we wouldn't be winning the league with that but it'd be better than this.

Like if i'm a defender and I have to play against Auba and Pepe like yeah they will lose the ball and we could go and score, but i'm also worried about them, cos they can run at me. I'm not worried playing Lacazette and Willian, cos like, what can they actually do to me?

Solskjaer would have this squad in 5-6th, not cos he's a genius, just cos he'd do the simple stuff.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He thinks too much, he needs some of that simple stupidity that Solskjaer has. Just play Auba up front and Pepe out wide, like we wouldn't be winning the league with that but it'd be better than this.

Like if i'm a defender and I have to play against Auba and Pepe like yeah they will lose the ball and we could go and score, but i'm also worried about them, cos they can run at me. I'm not worried playing Lacazette and Willian, cos like, what can they actually do to me?

Solskjaer would have this squad in 5-6th, not cos he's a genius, just cos he'd do the simple stuff.
Simplicity is never stupid. Solskjaer in his defence has years of experience of managing Arteta simply don’t have. Arteta suffers from what a lot of arrogant people who think they are smarter than they actually are suffers from. They always make things complicated to show how smart they are

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

After the way we treated Özil and Saliba, you can bet your sweet arse players will be demanding such a clause in their contracts with Arsenal. I certainly would.
Unless you can post some reputable outside source stating this I refuse to believe that anyone in charge of a PL football club recruitment would be stupid enough (even if that is Arsenal) to agree to such a clause. It makes absolutely no sense from the club's perspective. Such a clause basically rewards poor performances.

I don't want to start an argument. I am just baffled that is all.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
3 explanations:

1- Arteta really rates Willian so he keeps playing him.
2- There is a contractual clause that compels Arteta to play him.
3- Arteta is complicit in whatever deal was struck.
Actually I think is a combination of 3.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Auclair was intimating that there was a bonus for appearances from which Kia took a commission.
This makes more sense than the other suggestion (penalty for us for not playing him). If there is a bonus for more appearances we should simply not play him. Save ourselves poor performances and money. Seems like an easy decision. The fact that actually the reverse is happening worries me.

yorch44

Unless you can post some reputable outside source stating this I refuse to believe that anyone in charge of a PL football club recruitment would be stupid enough (even if that is Arsenal) to agree to such a clause. It makes absolutely no sense from the club's perspective. Such a clause basically rewards poor performances.

Are you kidding me? Clauses which include certain quantity of games are usual in football. There are clauses from goals, minutes played, penalties for not playing games, bonuses for playing. A contract literally could add.any clause you want.

But players getting certain quantity of games is a thing. More if you are wanted for the manager or by many teams.

yorch44

This makes more sense than the other suggestion (penalty for us for not playing him). If there is a bonus for more appearances we should simply not play him. Save ourselves poor performances and money. Seems like an easy decision. The fact that actually the reverse is happening worries me.
Clauses like... If I don't play I receive 30K it's supper common. Even in loans, usually the team which loan a player not only pays the salary but gets penalised with money if they don't use the player. What I think is you only don't know enough about that stuff.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Are you kidding me? Clauses which include certain quantity of games are usual in football. There are clauses from goals, minutes played, penalties for not playing games, bonuses for playing. A contract literally could add.any clause you want.

But players getting certain quantity of games is a thing. More if you are wanted for the manager or by many teams.
Yes, but they would be performance bonuses, would they not? Not reverse performance bonuses meaning you are paid more for being **** which is what was stated.

Can you find me a source stating that football clubs have such clauses would be great. Doesn't have to be Wall Street Journal or Times, Guardian will do... 😉

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Clauses like... If I don't play I receive 30K it's supper common. Even in loans, usually the team which loan a player not only pays the salary but gets penalised with money if they don't use the player. What I think is you only don't know enough about that stuff.
But those clauses would then be offset by other performance targets not being reached, would they not?

Look, I don't want to have an argument with you. Better we stop posting then.

Malky

Established Member
It's in Willian's contract that he plays a certain number of games or the club pays a penalty, I would assume.
It’s either that or Arteta’s ego not allowing him to admit his signing is a complete failure.
Guaranteed it’s one of those reasons, maybe a mix of both.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

I won't argue with you. I can't prove it because player contracts are not in the public domain. They are confidential documents. Whether you believe it or not is of little moment to me, frankly, but keep in mind there are many ways to frame such clauses and they would vary greatly in advantage to either party depending on the player and the club in question. It could stipulate minutes of play per season, or min number of starts, or simply a min number of times the player features, or perhaps the stipulation only applying to Euro games, or whatever. The club could then put its own caveats on the clause... etc.

It's a contract and therefor a negotiation where both parties will try to gain an advantage.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
You're literally arguing against things that have actually happened?🤣🤣

This is like you disagreeing with me after telling you that I flipped a coin ten times and got heads five times.🤣
XG is saying it's a 1 in 2 chance. It's a one on one with an open goal ffs. Stop trying to impress people with your horse **** theories. Use your eyes and not computers.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Heard that Toni Kroos' basic wage at Real is rididulously low, a few thousand quid apparently or something, but his contract is filled with super easy to trigger clauses which actually make up the big big millions of what he's earning. Saves him and them taxes.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Heard that Toni Kroos' basic wage at Real is rididulously low, a few thousand quid apparently or something, but his contract is filled with super easy to trigger clauses which actually make up the big big millions of what he's earning. Saves him and them taxes.

How does it save them taxes? Isn't he taxed on his earnings regardless of how the contract is structured?

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
How does it save them taxes? Isn't he taxed on his earnings regardless of how the contract is structured?

Depends. E.g. in Germany there's most times no taxation on salary bonuses - which basically equals his clauses I guess.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom