• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Every time I watch Leeds, I think Bielsa would be perfect for Arsenal. He gets them playing some great football and they’ve got average players.
Love to see a manager with a lower team really going for it. Leeds are 5th in ‘xG for’ table, really creating chances with some Championship level players.

Imagine that. Newly promoted and they’re level on points Arsenal :lol:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Players and managers can both be an issue, I don't know why it's framed as an either or debate on here.
100% there are things I believe Arteta can do better. The main one being playing what he perceives to be his best 11. But the players haven't been good enough under Wenger or Emery and now Arteta. Massive issue is poor recruitment and wasted money. The polar opposite in that regard is Leicester. Fantastic recruitment and now they've a fantastic manager extracting the maximum from those players.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
What happens when the team has been out of form for 4 or 5 seasons under 3 different managers, 2 of whom broke spending records? That to me says recruitment and players have been the problem the managers have been the ones picking up the pieces.

Half of the players here are the ones that the new manager(s) wanted.

Willian, Mari, Luiz, Cedric etc weren't here under Wenger. I can't remember if Leno was and can't be bothered to check but he probably was.

The only starters who've played under Wenger are Bellerin, Lacazette, Xhaka and Aubameyang (6 months). The only disciple out of that lot is Bellerin.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Every time I watch Leeds, I think Bielsa would be perfect for Arsenal. He gets them playing some great football and they’ve got average players.
Bielsa only works well with lesser players because they’re willing to run and run in training as well as every game. Try that here with our over paid wankers and he’ll walk after a month in charge.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Half of the players here are the ones that the new manager(s) wanted.

Willian, Mari, Luiz, Cedric etc weren't here under Wenger. I can't remember if Leno was and can't be bothered to check but he probably was.

The only starters who've played under Wenger are Bellerin, Lacazette, Xhaka and Aubameyang (6 months). The only disciple out of that lot is Bellerin.
So that's 4 players in an 11 man team. Thats a sizeable amount of players.

The point about Wenger is one that the team has been in decline since the end of his tenure. As evidenced by our league position in his last seasons. So to whoever said when the whole squad is average you look at the manager. Yes maybe in isolation if we went from being great to suddenly poor (like Celtic under Lennon). But when the team has been declining season on season and changing managers hasnt improved fortunes the logical answer is that the squad isn't good enough.
For a squad that's on Champions League wages that isn't good enough. The squad is still bloated, padded out with average players.

Should Arteta have sold AMN and others at the time, yes. Should Arteta be picking his best 11 and stop with the rotation, absolutely! But these are minor issues. The big picture is the squad management has been awful. That's not something that can be resolved over night by bringing in Pep or Klopp or peak Wenger. Liverpool spent a decade in and out of the top 4 places before getting it right. Maybe we will be the same. But whatever the journey is we have to be patient to avoid repeating costly mistakes.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

What happens when the team has been out of form for 4 or 5 seasons under 3 different managers, 2 of whom broke spending records? That to me says recruitment and players have been the problem the managers have been the ones picking up the pieces.
So 10th is our true level?

No one is saying we should be challenging for top four ffs. At least we should be in the top six. The teams ahead of us in the table, most of us won't even want their players here ffs.

How many West Ham players are good enough to start here or even Leicester but their manager has them playing above their true level. A good manager should make a team better than the sum of it's part. We've seen Poch do it. Klopp did it with pool. Howe did it with a team filled with championship Journeymen.

There's no mental gymnastics that can convince me this squad isn't a top 6 team.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel

No one is saying we should be challenging for top four ffs. At least we should be in the top six. The teams ahead of us in the table, most of us won't even want their players here ffs.

How many West Ham players are good enough to start here or even Leicester but their manager has them playing above their true level. A good manager should make a team better than the sum of it's part. We've seen Poch do it. Klopp did it with pool. Howe did it with a team filled with championship Journeymen.

There's no mental gymnastics that can convince me this squad isn't a top 6 team.
Bang on. FWIW I think a good manager has us top 4 this season with the options we have. It would be a fight obviously but with the inconsistencies the rest of the top 10 have shown we'd easily be there or thereabouts.

Harping back to Wenger again but he did it so many times over the years that he's almost become underrated at this point because of a few bad years at the end. In his prime he'd have easily gotten top 4 in this particular season, maybe even top 2 or 3.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I've said from the start this season, we've gone for a young manager to sort out a lot of ****, and root cause issues, especially around the culture of the club, these things take time.

If we wanted a quick fix, we should've just gone for ancelloti, but we haven't.

Every analyst can see what arteta is trying to do, we've had some really good moments this season and last, winning the fa cup beating Sp**s, utd, Chelsea. I'm confident we're going to get our **** together and beat Slavia Prague on Thursday.

We have the biggest summer transfer window probably in our history which will make or break the club. I really hope we get the right players and not a big series of mistakes like...Laca, xhaka, mustafi, kola, Willian, Luiz and gunnersaurs.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

How many West Ham players are good enough to start here or even Leicester but their manager has them playing above their true level. A good manager should make a team better than the sum of it's part. We've seen Poch do it. Klopp did it with pool. Howe did it with team filled with championship Journeymen.
I've no idea what the true level is. The league below the top is as competitive as its ever been. You've City and Liverpool normally in a league of their own and then below that us, United, Chelsea, Leicester and Sp**s are fighting for the remaining 2 spots. 5 does not go into 2. You've got Everton as well who are pushing for European places.

As for West Ham let's see them keep this level up when fans are back.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

We are sitting at 11th place in EPL. Last clean sheet we had in EL, it was against Dundalk many months ago.

All the people who are mentioning Wenger, Emery, Arteta and comparing them, while trying to validate Arteta should receive clown tag.

Arteta is in his own failures stratosphere.
Only just realised we’re 11th. We’ve got some pretty easy matches coming up. Expecting us to get up to 8th even with this guy in charge.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You're actually more draining than Makingtrax now man.

I couldn't give a **** about what Pepe did in France. Hes been poor In England and his dribbling is nowhere near as good as Neto's who actually beats his man. Get a grip please.
Silly guy, conveniently ignoring the fact that I said in Europe, Neto plays in Europe too you know?

Arguing against actual facts at your big age. Embarrassing.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

The club is making a loss, we had to re-finance the debt to buy Partey. The club has backed Arteta to the hilt and we’re in the bottom half of the table in April.

And the league has been the easiest for years, no baying away crowds, Chelsea struggling with Lampard, Liverpool burnt out and full of injuries, and Mourinho making a mess of Sp**s. Even Moyes has managed to get into the top 4. :lol:

Bielsa only works well with lesser players because they’re willing to run and run in training as well as every game. Try that here with our over paid wankers and he’ll walk after a month in charge.

Good point!

I don't think people realize how toxic this group of players really is.

It's one of my main issues with Arteta atm. He came here in, all words about changing the culture. This toxic culture. But in the end, it's like Arteta gave in and just encourage it.

I wanted him to jump at the chance when we had it to sell Xhaka. Auba should not have a new contract. Should have been moved on also. Laca must not get a new contract or Elneny. Getting rid of Kolasinac, Özil and Mustafi is a start, but that's probably only 10% of the job done. :lol:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

A lot of West Ham players are good enough to start for us.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

XG is saying it's a 1 in 2 chance. It's a one on one with an open goal ffs. Stop trying to impress people with your horse **** theories. Use your eyes and not computers.
Impress people? Theory?

A reputable company has analysed every shot taken from that position in those circumstances and have seen that it results in a goal 1 in 2 times.So what exactly are you arguing with? History? Are you saying they’re lying?

Post on A-M with your eyes instead of a computer then you miserable ****.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
So that's 4 players in an 11 man team. Thats a sizeable amount of players.
Is a manager supposed to have a team consisting of 100% only players he's bought?

How many of the City squad that won the domestic treble and set a PL points record were bought under a manager other the Pep?

How many of the Liverpool squad that won a CL and PL were bought under a manager other the Klopp?

The examples are literally endless.....

This idea that we can only judge Arteta fairly until the entire squad consists entirely of only his signings is bizarre and unprecedented.

Top Bottom